1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Calling all Virginians (Tidewater area)

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by Alaskaflyer, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Oct 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    What is wrong?

2. Oct 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Round II

Round II Member #12005

Member:
  3. Oct 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    m.reed.1

m.reed.1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TACOMA TRD OFFROAD 4WD
    A few
    they had to replace my ac blower motor and also they opened a case on my rear end.. makes a howling noise at 50+ mph. they advised me that they were not going to order parts until corporate viewed it.. i spoke with the manager, he said that theres a bulletin on it and that he personally just ordered me a new drive shaft... lets see if that fixes it! :burnrubber:

I need to check on more tsb's to get while im on their good side

4. Oct 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    #nomods
    :woot: you going to OBX?

5. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    Round II

Round II Member #12005

Member:
    Was in Norfolk for work last night. I'm heading to OBX next Thursday.

6. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    #nomods
    You going to wheel Potts Mountain with us on the 27th after the meet?

7. Oct 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
  8. Oct 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    loco

loco Who wants to ride my Brack Burrito???

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Diesel Land Cruiser AKA Brack Burrito
    Well its a land Cruiser with a diesel so I've got that going for me.
    I have some bearing grease ...none.of that fancy Teflon stuff! Maybe Autozone or similar night have something? There is an Autozone a mile down the road from me.

9. Oct 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Anyone taking off a set of 5100s with coils or have a set laying around? My buddys icons are leaking and he needs to send them off but needs some lift to clear the 33s

10. Oct 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Maybe a set of factory coils

11. Oct 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    Eastcoastin

Eastcoastin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Oahu/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCSB 4x4 V6
    Pelfreybilt Baja Designs errythang, 20” Onyx6, S2 Sports, & Squadron Pros King 2.5 Resis w/700 springs/Rear 2.5/12" ALCAN Leaf Springs Total Chaos (Rear Relocation, UCA, spindle gussets, LCA skids) Archive Hangers/shackles Toyo 285/75/17 MTs VTX Rogues InSight RetroFits Leer x100 Camper Custom Car Grills thin lip mesh grill mod w/braptor light mod Tail pipe chop
    I'm new in the vb/Norfolk area and just started looking at lift options for my 2013 TRD sport. Was going to go with general grapplers 265/70/17 with a 3" rough country lift but I'm told that's a bad move. Anyone got any tips or would be willing to help me out?

12. Oct 4, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    YotaMatt

YotaMatt Livin Low, Ridin High

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    West Point VA
    Vehicle:
    12 PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    Spidertraxx 1.25" spacers in front and rear, 4" Maxtrac Spindles,Billy 5100s at 0", OME 885 Springs, 1/4" top spacer on both sides, 1.5" AAL, 3" Block, 1.5" 4crawler driveshaft spacer, 17x9 XD Spys with 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers, Magnaflow offroad Stainless Exhaust, Volant Intake with scoop,Camo emblems, BHLM, Tinted tailights, Anytime fog mod,Alpine Type R 12, Kicker 1000 watt amp,600 watt 4 channel memphis and all memphis components, 35%tint front all the rest at 5%, Hella 500s with sylvania zxe bulbs, sylvania zxe headlights, sylvania zxe fogs, Weathertech digi fits, flyzeye blue/white, LED map dome license plate lights, Redline hood struts, Tailgate EZ Down, Custom TRD Camo Browning Edition Bedsides, Camo wet okoles, Ridgid Dually bed lights, SOS Concepts Tire Carrier
    I had my driveshaft replaced as well..lift caused problem..buddy works at toyota got it approved

13. Oct 4, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Who's that guy^^^ ????

I'm getting ready to change my U-Joints again!

14. Oct 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    I got my factory TRD suspension..

15. Oct 4, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    Merchants Tire, ummm. well, a couple months ago did an alignment ffor me. I was appreciative at the price point I got and went on my way. Someone pointed out that my tires looked V'd in the front a couple days later. Being busy, I was in contact with the place and trying to arrange a meet to correct the issue.

The alignment guy was no longer there and were waiting for a better one to finish up the training or some mess. ... .. weeks, turned to months and here we are.

I rotated the tires due to the issues I saw arising and planned on my new tires anyways.

Finally after tag all week and some other complications, I got the vehicle Front end Aligned. Well, 'in the green' as the guy said. Then they brought the tire issue to my attention. "we will warranty these for you since the issue was caused by us"

WOW - I was surprised. Really , I was not expecting anyything other than the alignment, and some cash out of pocket for it.

Another option then arose. I expressed my interest in another tire all together, and was told they would 'pro rate the credit' based on how long I had the tires prior to the alignment they did.

Some fiddleing went on and I asked about the MTR's out of curriousity. The cooper tire, in particular Dick Cepek Mud Countrys product was not something they carried, so other options were presented.

Eventually he said the MTR's would be special order and probably NOT something he could get in a timely manner. Offered Nitto Terra Graplers instead and I asked if he could see during the week when he had some down time, if he could track a set down for me.

Aggreed and shook hands.

As we were walking, he said, "I think what I am going to do for you is a buy 2 get 2 free" - the MTR's are ~$450 or so.. DAMN!

What are some other tires that I should look at? At this point there is a seemingly huge discount. Not sure really as there is a lot of cloak and dagger on the whole tire market.

really liked the Dick Cepek product sue to the aggressive sidewalls and some of the other features.

The MTR's look interesting with the tread they have.

Are there any other tires I should look at right now?

I believe he offered me some of the KO's? but I did not like the tread pattern.

16. Oct 5, 2013 at 3:13 AM
    loco

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    For the tire size you are planning to run you don't need a lift. I would recommend you go with the 5100s front and rear and an aal. You will get some lift and it will ride better than stock.

Welcome to the area BTW. Don't pay anyone to install your lift. Lots of folks here can help you do it for free at a mod day. We are doing one today over at my place.

17. Oct 5, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    Eastcoastin

Eastcoastin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Oahu/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCSB 4x4 V6
    Pelfreybilt Baja Designs errythang, 20” Onyx6, S2 Sports, & Squadron Pros King 2.5 Resis w/700 springs/Rear 2.5/12" ALCAN Leaf Springs Total Chaos (Rear Relocation, UCA, spindle gussets, LCA skids) Archive Hangers/shackles Toyo 285/75/17 MTs VTX Rogues InSight RetroFits Leer x100 Camper Custom Car Grills thin lip mesh grill mod w/braptor light mod Tail pipe chop
    That's what I have been looking at, the OME or blisten from toytec. I'm also not totally locked in on that tire size, I might go a little bigger, we'll see though.
    Thanks for the advice and the invitation, I can't make the mod day today (working) but once I narrow down what lift I'm getting I that would be great.

18. Oct 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM
    m.reed.1

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    A few
    I might drop by the meet. I'll be down in Chesapeake till around 4 if y'all are still there

19. Oct 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM
    loco

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Swing on by. We aren't starting Chris's truck till at least noon.

20. Oct 5, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    m.reed.1

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    A few
    Sounds good. Can someone pm me the addy

Products Discussed in