Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Calling all Virginians (Tidewater area)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2014, 08:42 AM   #57141
Rons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ron
Rons01TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMtnMikey View Post
Hey guys, just want to post this up locally, I've got some stuff I need to get rid of. I know there's not many 1st Gens here, but maybe you know somebody.

Fiberglass bed topper - Free
Front bumper - Free
Front brushguard/lightbar - Free
Factory rear leafs w/ procomp AAL - Free (not off the truck yet)

Please help me get rid of this stuff if you know anybody that can make use of it.

Other stuff in the get rid of pile
1995 yamaha waveraider w/trailer - $700 obo
2002 Seadoo GTXrfi w/trailer - $1000 obo
1993 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET - $1000 firm

I'm interested in the bed topper maybe the front bumper. Pics if possible.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #57142
Enders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Ben
Enders Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Pics and info please
Old 03-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #57143
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys, just want to post this up locally, I've got some stuff I need to get rid of. I know there's not many 1st Gens here, but maybe you know somebody.

Fiberglass bed topper - Free
Front bumper - Free
Front brushguard/lightbar - Free
Factory rear leafs w/ procomp AAL - Free (not off the truck yet)

Please help me get rid of this stuff if you know anybody that can make use of it.

1995 yamaha waveraider w/trailer - $700 obo
2002 Seadoo GTXrfi w/trailer - $1000 obo
Factory bumper? What lift on the leafs and is it single or multi AAL?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #57144
Enders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Someone whose had/has a fridge...

I was wondering, is there any reason why they can't be mounted on their side? I know one side has a vent, but I was pondering this last night
Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #57145
Safe Act is anything but!!!
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired CPO
Name: John
Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enders Taco View Post

I was wondering, is there any reason why they can't be mounted on their side? I know one side has a vent, but I was pondering this last night

I've heard it's bad for the compressors. They are mounted a certain direction for vibration dampening.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #57146
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I don't think the oil would get to the compressor?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #57147

Law Enforcement:
Well shit
Old 03-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #57148
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techoma View Post
I've heard it's bad for the compressors. They are mounted a certain direction for vibration dampening.
this^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
I don't think the oil would get to the compressor?
its not a matter of the oil getting to the compressor, afterall that is where you want the oil, it is a matter of the oil leaving the compressor and either getting trapped on top of the piston in the compressor before start up when the hi and low side are equalized or just staying in the evap coil or equivalent and out of the compressor so that it is a dry start on the compressor and before the oil can feed back down the compressor going on lock down. for background, i used to build custom refrigerated cases like you see in grocery stores and gas stations, except the ones i built were all what is considered open air and ended up in whole foods, A&P's, or raceway/racetrack gas stations. I was a refrigeration supervisor and would have to help employees from time to time with this problem because a compressor had fallen on its side during storage and we had to right it and then go about the oil reclaimation process. this is a lot more extensive than a little fridge would need because it is going to be an all in one package where what i was working on was remote evap coils and anywhere from 1/2 hp to 10 hp compressors.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #57149
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
this^^^

its not a matter of the oil getting to the compressor, afterall that is where you want the oil, it is a matter of the oil leaving the compressor and either getting trapped on top of the piston in the compressor before start up when the hi and low side are equalized or just staying in the evap coil or equivalent and out of the compressor so that it is a dry start on the compressor and before the oil can feed back down the compressor going on lock down. for background, i used to build custom refrigerated cases like you see in grocery stores and gas stations, except the ones i built were all what is considered open air and ended up in whole foods, A&P's, or raceway/racetrack gas stations. I was a refrigeration supervisor and would have to help employees from time to time with this problem because a compressor had fallen on its side during storage and we had to right it and then go about the oil reclaimation process. this is a lot more extensive than a little fridge would need because it is going to be an all in one package where what i was working on was remote evap coils and anywhere from 1/2 hp to 10 hp compressors.
Knew it was along those lines. Thanks for the insight, always like learning something new about items you use everyday.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #57150
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery
And... I'm back up on the horse.

Apparently my pimp hand is quite strong.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #57151
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Knew it was along those lines. Thanks for the insight, always like learning something new about items you use everyday.
no problem, and sshhh! dont tell anyone i actually know something! it will ruin my plans.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #57152

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no problem, and sshhh! dont tell anyone i actually know something! it will ruin my plans.
So is it true that it's good practice to allow your household fridge/freezer to stand for 24hrs before being turned on after moving?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #57153
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Its true for any ac system. The oil from the compressor gets into the lines... needs to settle back into the compressor so it dosnt burn up
Old 03-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #57154
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MadMtnMikey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rons01TRD View Post
I'm interested in the bed topper maybe the front bumper. Pics if possible.
Quote:
Pics and info please
Ben, I don't want to clutter the board with Nissan talk. The car has been sitting and needs some work, I can provide pics and info though, it's something I had a hard time parting with, but reality set in a while back, and the wife's nagging. PM me and I'll throw you some details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Factory bumper? What lift on the leafs and is it single or multi AAL?
I think it's a procomp AAL, single, got it from Toytec, was under $100. Had it on the truck for just over a year, Burg helped me install. Bumper is factory.

Leafs will be coming out within the next 3 months, I've got the new ones, just waiting on a good time to do the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VATACOEXP View Post
Pics of Seadoo?
Pics of Seadoo and Bed topper coming up.

For the topper, just go to my build page, it's the same one, in the same condition, sitting on work horses in my backyard now
Old 03-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #57155

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VATACOEXP View Post
And... I'm back up on the horse.

Apparently my pimp hand is quite strong.

Remember, women come and go, but an expo truck is forever
Old 03-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #57156

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
this^^^

I wonder if the evap system could be rotated.... Just how much custom work would it be
Old 03-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #57157
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wonder if the evap system could be rotated.... Just how much custom work would it be
not worth it... at that point you might as well build an entire freezer/fridge out of your truck bed because it would end up taking about that much space to relocate the unit and such outside of the actual cooler/fridge. typically in things like that and mini fridges and even full size fridge or freezer, they are made to just barely fit the unit underneath in a certain way oriented a particular way and nothing else nor any variation... but if you wanted to purchase a compressor some copper and an evap coil i could prob gain access to some 507a refrigerant for a reasonable price and still have all my tools minus my leak detector and vacuum pump. but i can resolve that with soap bubbles and a cheapo vacuum pump from HB.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #57158

Law Enforcement:
That's for all the effort. Understand that it's not worth it
Old 03-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #57159
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go Phil. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...s-lockers.html
Old 03-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #57160
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherTaco View Post

Products Discussed in this Thread