Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Calling all Virginians (Tidewater area)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #62061
Not as new as my post count would appear
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Once a B-1 Mechanic, now upper Management
Name: Brent
Scalded_Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
15psi now, will go a bit lower on these 315's.

Brent, those 255's started to get nice and squishy around 14psi.
14psi makes me nervous but you'd know about those tires better than me
I was thinking 20 would be a good starting point, looks like i'll be going a little lower. Depends a great deal on the terrain too though.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #62062
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded_Dawg View Post
14psi makes me nervous but you'd know about those tires better than me
I was thinking 20 would be a good starting point, looks like i'll be going a little lower. Depends a great deal on the terrain too though.
Agreed on the terrain. I started with 18psi and worked down from there. Just never got much sidewall flex at 18.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #62064
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #62065
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Agreed on the terrain. I started with 18psi and worked down from there. Just never got much sidewall flex at 18.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
I go to 12 psi
OK... So where is the beginning of "popping the bead" worries? 10psi?
(Aaron need not reply - beadlock cheater!)
Old 09-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #62066
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Larry ran 8 when he had MTR 33s....but the 33s are E range
Old 09-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #62069
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Ran 10 psi on the beach this weekend and drove to the bp in duck on that
Old 09-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #62070
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And I am worried that if I run lower than 12 I will break a CV axle....
Valid point.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #62071
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I go to 12 psi
This. I run 10-12 on rocks with my KM2s.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #62072
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I feel around 10 you start to loose too much clearance versus what you're gaining with grip.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #62073
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't even air down for da beach. Should of cuz the washboard sucked.

my trail head deflators are set at 12-14psi.

And popping a bead on the trail is an easy fix with a ratchet strap as long as someone has OBA
Old 09-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #62074
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post

And popping a bead on the trail is an easy fix with a ratchet strap as long as someone has OBA
I set a bead on 4 tires in my driveway with a ratchet strap, a $15 walmart tire pump, and a set of jack stands. It can be done.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #62075
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I set a bead on 4 tires in my driveway with a ratchet strap, a $15 walmart tire pump, and a set of jack stands. It can be done.
I'm very familiar with setting beads after my rim fiasco. sheets pretty easy. I was able to get 2 of 7 beads set with no straps. Worst case you bust out some ether on the trail. Pop said the bead!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #62076
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm very familiar with setting beads after my rim fiasco. sheets pretty easy. I was able to get 2 of 7 beads set with no straps. Worst case you bust out some ether on the trail. Pop said the bead!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:05 AM   #62077
Yotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Chief Petty Officer
Name: Paul
Yotafish's Tacoma Gallery
As far as beach driving I always go down to 20 and head out to check the sand conditions. If the sand is really hot, dry, and chalky I'll go another 5-7 but that is it. I did find that while my old set of MTR's were decent in the sand, I aired them down to 15 and could hardly tell. Them sidewalls!

Don't do rock crawling so have nothing to add there. I grew up in south eastern coastal NC where the only off-roading was year around on the beach and hunting season.

My first memories were bouncing around in my dad's 68 Bronco on Carolina Beach.

Oh yeah.........Good Morning!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:06 AM   #62078

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Quote:
I'd rather not deal with it at all...
Old 09-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #62080
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone interested in 1st gen style 10" 5100 and 5150 rear shocks?

Products Discussed in this Thread