1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Calling all Virginians (Tidewater area)

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by Alaskaflyer, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Mar 6, 2015 at 1:43 PM
    Enders Taco

Enders Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Hampton Roads VA
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4x4 6SP
    All Pro APEX Front Bumper, All Pro Sliders, Icon Coilovers with rear shocks and add a leaf pack, URD short shifter, Pioneer X930BT Nav with Polk speakers

Sounds like a 757 deal...

2. Mar 6, 2015 at 1:57 PM
    CorpsmanUp

CorpsmanUp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Taco DCLWB 6in lift 35s 4.56s, air lockers AP F&R bmpers warn 10k winch Rigid fogs & floods custom pro top shell
    6in procomp stage 2 lift with PC Coilovers, 35x12.50 Nitto MTs, Moto metal 18x10 with -44 offset HID and LED's everywhere, ladder bars, rear disk brake conversion, hood struts, K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series, pro comp skid plates, train horn, pa system, all silver trim inside painted black all pro apex front bumper with full hoops warn 10k winch, all pro high clearance rear bumper with custom door hinge tag holder, pro top custom windowless camper shell. ARB onboard air compressor, rear ARB air locker, 4.56 gears front and rear, waterport pressurized water system, pop and lock tailgate.
    Sorry wife posted the 1k. That's what I'm listing them for on CL. Looking for 800 on here from any TW guys.
    (Wife posted for me as I'm on some strong meds after bone was taken from my hip to do a bone graft in my hand feeling a little loco lol)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  3. Mar 6, 2015 at 1:58 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Taco DCLWB 6in lift 35s 4.56s, air lockers AP F&R bmpers warn 10k winch Rigid fogs & floods custom pro top shell
    6in procomp stage 2 lift with PC Coilovers, 35x12.50 Nitto MTs, Moto metal 18x10 with -44 offset HID and LED's everywhere, ladder bars, rear disk brake conversion, hood struts, K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series, pro comp skid plates, train horn, pa system, all silver trim inside painted black all pro apex front bumper with full hoops warn 10k winch, all pro high clearance rear bumper with custom door hinge tag holder, pro top custom windowless camper shell. ARB onboard air compressor, rear ARB air locker, 4.56 gears front and rear, waterport pressurized water system, pop and lock tailgate.
    What's that supposed to mean???

4. Mar 6, 2015 at 4:19 PM
    hop

hop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    chesapeake, VA
    1" leveling kit.
    lol not a thing, just imo 16s look better on the first gen. But for sit a gigs how much?

5. Mar 6, 2015 at 4:21 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    On first gen I'll agree but I got a 13 and have to go up to 18s with my setup. But $800 tires and wheels to TW guys/gals

6. Mar 6, 2015 at 4:55 PM
    The Hunter

The Hunter Sailing the high Puddle's

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Monroe NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Submarine
    Flux capacitor and bi-plane wings
  7. Mar 6, 2015 at 4:55 PM
    Enders Taco

Enders Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Hampton Roads VA
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4x4 6SP
    All Pro APEX Front Bumper, All Pro Sliders, Icon Coilovers with rear shocks and add a leaf pack, URD short shifter, Pioneer X930BT Nav with Polk speakers

Exactly what it sounds like,

Sounds like the kind of for sale thread that populates the 757 Toyota 4x4 Facebook page. I'm honestly not being a dick.

The wheels you're selling appear to be 8.5/10, and with depreciation I'd value them at 75% of retail. Retail is $170 ea, plus shipping or roughly $600 for the rimz.

The tires are harder to value. The 17's are much more expensive than their 16" counterparts ($40-50 per tire depending on website) and with one being shot and three at 40% it's hard to put a figure on three tires, unless you have a fourth one laying around. Who needs three spares, besides Larry.

That said, is 400 unreasonable for 1100 worth of tires at 40%, nope, it's not.

Now, here's why I said 757. There are a lot of mall crawlers and street queens over there. Maybe not queens as many of them are on starving college kid budgets. But they would completely overlook how much more expensive 17" tires are and go, that looks fucking clean! Then make an emotional buy. You need them sold. Both parties win.

And at $800 it's one helluva fucking deal.

8. Mar 6, 2015 at 5:08 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    OK not sure what to make of all that haha. But thanks for the calculations. I'm listing them on cl for 1000 and anyone on here that wants then I'll take 800 obo. Not trying to give them away but not trying to make anything on them by far. They'll just be taking up space tomorrow in the garage. I figured I'd start on cl with 1000 cause I know I'll probably get talked down to about 800 anyhow and and figured list them on here cause I'll probably end up getting rid of them for a fraction of that even just cause they'll get on my nerves just sitting around taking up space. But heck if i wanted to I'd throw them on the wifes t4r no problem. I just needed to go with bigger rims on my truck to run the right set up and to get rid of my spacers. So sorry if you somehow got sand in your vag over it I'll take it off this thread and leave it on just the southeastern for sale page the 757 page and cl. Just figured I'd offer incase someone was looking.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  9. Mar 6, 2015 at 5:32 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    The hell? We've covered almost three pages in the last two days, shit is jumping in here!

10. Mar 6, 2015 at 5:32 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    Hell ya where you been jump on in let's talk shit lol

11. Mar 7, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    Scalded_Dawg

Scalded_Dawg Not as new as my post count would appear

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Yorktown, VA
    Vehicle:
    Stripped Steel and Sex Appeal
    Tacoma daily and 4Runner to play
    You buy that bumper?

12. Mar 7, 2015 at 11:50 AM
    The Hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Monroe NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Submarine
    I asked you bishes about a mod day and it was like :tumbleweed:

13. Mar 7, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    Abragus

Abragus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Suffolk, VA
    Welp, it's finally happened... I got a ding. Looks like I'll be parking even FARTHER and getting rock sliders sooner than later. Really pisses me off.

14. Mar 7, 2015 at 1:15 PM
    The Hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Monroe NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Submarine
    SOS Concepts sliders :D

15. Mar 7, 2015 at 2:48 PM
    ponethousand

ponethousand Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    04 trd dc limited
    regeared, locked, armor, and stuff
    Cookiemonster! Where the f have you been?

16. Mar 7, 2015 at 3:45 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    UPDATE
    Just got the new ones thrown on today and got a good look at the tires off the truck. At least 2 maybe 3 tires are shot to shit. Looks like broken belts maybe. So still selling the tires and wheels together but tires WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED.
    Asking $600 for wheel obo for them.
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  17. Mar 7, 2015 at 5:06 PM
    loco

loco Who wants to ride my Brack Burrito???

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Diesel Land Cruiser AKA Brack Burrito
    Well its a land Cruiser with a diesel so I've got that going for me.
    Weather depending I am planning on hosting a Mod Day at my place on the 15th. Any interest? Could do some Cab mount chops for the group that posted up.

18. Mar 7, 2015 at 5:28 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    Damn, my first day as a weekend warrior...

19. Mar 7, 2015 at 5:32 PM
    The Hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Monroe NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Submarine
    Phil how far are ypu from the CG base in Portsmouth? If I don't have duty I might be able to roll out your way.

20. Mar 7, 2015 at 5:42 PM
    loco

loco Who wants to ride my Brack Burrito???

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Diesel Land Cruiser AKA Brack Burrito
    Well its a land Cruiser with a diesel so I've got that going for me.
    Not real far. I can PM you the address if you want a distance. Not more than 30 minutes I would imagine.

Products Discussed in

To Top