1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What to do around Roanoke, VA?

Discussion in 'South East' started by Sandman614, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 [OP] Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    Headed up that way soon. I want to camp out in the woods without rv's or reserved camp sites, don't need facilities. Also want to wheel/trail ride and see a race (motocross, drag, circle, doesn't matter). Anyone have any suggestions.

2. Jul 23, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    I live not to far from Roanoke and don't know anywhere to camp. The only few places I know of are an hour away from there. As far as racing goes, my brother races quads. I can ask him if he knows of anything in the area. PM me if you need anymore info.

3. Jul 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    Cb2589

Cb2589 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    VA
    Vehicle:
    97 Tacoma, 5spd 2.7L
    Wheelers Offroad black steel wheels, 12 disc changer, spray in bedliner, Black UWS toolbox, Kelly Safari TSR's, Dynomax Super Turbo
    If you want to do like a hike/camp overnight stay type deal you could go to Mcafees Knob, Devil's Marble Yard isn't too far from Roanoke and is a good hike and there are some decent places to camp. Panther Falls is a good hike and has a cool place to swim. Dragons tooth is a good hike. There is the Cascades up in Blacksburg (about 30 min) which is a decent hike with a sweet waterfall and swimming. There is a place to go floating on the New River also in Blacksburg where you pay a small fee and they have a bus that shuttles you up and you can float as much as you want. There are good spots to go floating on the James River in Eagle Rock (about 30 min away). If you're looking for dirtbike racing there is Birch Creek, but that's in Danville about an hour South of Roanoke. Lake Sugar Tree is another track which I believe is also in Danville.

4. Jul 23, 2012 at 12:41 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 [OP] Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    South is fine, I will be headed up from NC. I'll look into all the suggestions, thanks!

5. Feb 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM
    mm1ssdv

mm1ssdv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD OR
    SPC UCA's Fox Factory 2.5 coilovers CVJ high angle axles (9808TR) OME Dakar leaf pack +4" rear brake lines
    there is a ton of great hiking and camping near blacksburg in the jefferson national forest.

Products Discussed in

To Top