Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Carolina meet soon??

Old 01-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #41
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna see if i can go to this meet this time now that i have had my license a longer time now than last me
Old 01-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #42
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
I should be around. I might be gainfully employed somewhere in the Ft Bragg backwoods for a couple weeks in April or May. But I gotta get promoted before that happens sooooo.

Any ways, yes. Between getting the Icons back and a TSB rear and keeping the sliders and skids I can wheel all over URE, maybe a little nicer this time though :P And don't worry just cause I don't have a winch doesn't mean I can't throw on the locker and pull your big ol' hood scoops off stuff.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #43
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
It also depends on which trails you hit. We were doing "moderate" and I was bottoming out a bunch with a 3" lift. I also slipped off a rock at some point and did this: (it was still a little wet from rain)

I didn't even know it happened but Dark Knight asked : "Hey- has that always been like that?" LOL

So yeah it's good to go ahead and think about which trails you're going to ride.

I'm a little over an hour to the North of the park so I'll probably be there, my oldest son's birthday is not until the 27th so no interference for me....

Don't forget to ask awymoore997 about his passenger side mirror (R.I.P.)

LOL

I'd do it again in a heart beat. Nothing but good peeps to hang out with and good times on the trails...

*EDIT* Of course, most of my problems could be from following luni - who, by the way, lived up to his name. That taco took a beating - I watch that dude pivot that rig around a boulder using his rock slider...

*bowing down* - "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" - Seriously dude my jaw dropped when you powered around that rock like that! I don't have sliders so I took the easier route, LOL
Old 01-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #44
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasn8dave View Post
It also depends on which trails you hit. We were doing "moderate" and I was bottoming out a bunch with a 3" lift. I also slipped off a rock at some point and did this: (it was still a little wet from rain)

I didn't even know it happened but Dark Knight asked : "Hey- has that always been like that?" LOL

So yeah it's good to go ahead and think about which trails you're going to ride.

I'm a little over an hour to the North of the park so I'll probably be there, my oldest son's birthday is not until the 27th so no interference for me....

Don't forget to ask awymoore997 about his passenger side mirror (R.I.P.)

LOL

I'd do it again in a heart beat. Nothing but good peeps to hang out with and good times on the trails...
awymoores mirror...lol...that was completely a freak accident though

i think i made it thru everything with no carnage...i've ridden those trails stock though and also had zero carnage...its all about how wet it is and how good spotters are etc etc
Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #45
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested...of course I only have a lowly PreRunner so I am not sure what type of trails I can manage.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #46
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
I am interested...of course I only have a lowly PreRunner so I am not sure what type of trails I can manage.
w/ a small lift and upgraded tires u'd do great. i was running a 2wd in my 07 and i didnt have any probs w/ the trails we went on at the time. some of the harder ones u might have issues w/
Old 01-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #47
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
2wd is why they invented tow straps. If you'll hook up, we'll get you through
Old 01-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #48
carolinataco is on a distinguished road
carolinataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad05taco View Post
Im from greenville nc bout probably a good 4 1/2 hours away too, i should have my lift and tires by then so i should be good

Should set up a Greenville/ECU/G-vegas meet.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #49
Quitting is for Quitters
awymore997 has a spectacular aura aboutawymore997 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
awymore997's Tacoma Gallery
My mirror is the least of my worries!!!

I was home in oregon for the holidays, ended up coming home one night from wheeling with $3300 in damage. There was a total of 4 yota's involved and we did damn near 10,000 in damage that night. But I never got stuck......

Def. count on me being there in April, ill try and manage to cook the potatoes all the way through this time.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #50
carlsv650 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
carlsv650's Tacoma Gallery
I still a fairly new member. I have a prerunner. Probably won't do any mudding. Love to take pictures of you guys. Where is the meet supposed to take place? I.E. where is the trail head? We live in the Greensboro area Unwharrie isn't very far. I've done some mountaining biking down there before.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #51
I love tight cracks
climber-420 is a jewel in the roughclimber-420 is a jewel in the roughclimber-420 is a jewel in the rough

climber-420's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Asheville. We've got a crew that could come down. April sounds good.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #52
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsv650 View Post
I still a fairly new member. I have a prerunner. Probably won't do any mudding. Love to take pictures of you guys. Where is the meet supposed to take place? I.E. where is the trail head? We live in the Greensboro area Unwharrie isn't very far. I've done some mountaining biking down there before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber-420 View Post
check out the other carolina meet thread. thats where the most discussion will take place.

and the trailhead is right off of nc 109, right near the eldorado outpost
Old 01-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #53
JCMINIS is on a distinguished road

JCMINIS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber-420 View Post

Maby I could join the caravan as you pass by Old fort ?

O,I will check out the other thread.....also
Old 01-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #54
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
if will asks nicely, I might consider going yeah right, all I need is the right weekend off, and I will be set. I just need to put in the time off at work well ahead of time, so I would probably need to know by end of next month.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #55
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckinsc View Post
if will asks nicely, I might consider going yeah right, all I need is the right weekend off, and I will be set. I just need to put in the time off at work well ahead of time, so I would probably need to know by end of next month.
dont punk out and not show this time man................put in for your time!!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #56
Sooooooper Moderator

the more the merrier fellas. i'm hoping to have the entire thing comped by RHT/new club, so that would be nice too
Old 01-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #58
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yes sir, right away sir!
attaboy!!! by the way.....hop you have your plugs changed by then!!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #60

Quote:
yes, that makes 2 of us.