1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

living near Fort Belvoir, VA

Discussion in 'South East' started by 11B4X4, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Aug 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    11B4X4

11B4X4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    2006 tacoma 4x4, Black
    Trd intake, Doug Thorley offroad headers, magnaflow exhaust, RBP running boards, 2.5In spacer, URC O2 simulator, 5100's all around
    I have a job offer on Fort Belvoir. I'm just looking for input on the area. How is the surrounding town. How is the cost of living and housing? Is there a decent amount of atv friendly areas near by?

Any input is a appreciated

2. Aug 27, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    MDI

MDI Rock the Red!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport (Black)
    18” XD Monsters, 275/65/18 Tires, Fab Fours Front & Rear Bumpers, Rigid Flood & Spot Pod Lights, RBP Nerf Bars, Back Flip G2 Tonneau, Pop 'n Lock, BLHM, Black Grill Emblem (DERP), Debadged, Bermuda Black Tail Lights & Third Light, AJT A/C Knobs
    Alexandria is a really nice area. Housing can be on the pricey side in the immediate area. A number of people I know in the area, especially those with families live further south towards Woodbridge. The further south you go, the cheaper it gets. With that comes traffic.

3. Aug 27, 2012 at 6:43 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    This.

I was born in Alexandria, I still have family in Huntington and Springfield

The nice neighborhoods have massive housing costs - a lot of DC'ers bedroom it up in Alexandria. My grandparents lived in Belle View most of their lives and when they finally sold ~2500 square foot home on 1/4 acre of land, it pulled high six figures.

Woodbridge, Fairfax, and Springfield are all popular areas with less expensive housing.

4. Sep 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    11B4X4

Member:
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    2006 tacoma 4x4, Black
    Trd intake, Doug Thorley offroad headers, magnaflow exhaust, RBP running boards, 2.5In spacer, URC O2 simulator, 5100's all around
    Thanks for the help. I'm moving up there at the end of the month. Oct 1st is my first day of work.

I guess i'll try to find a low rent apartment until i find something more permanent.

5. Sep 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    11B4X4

Member:
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    2006 tacoma 4x4, Black
    If anyone has any info on someone who is looking to rent a room out or is willing to rent a room to me for a few weeks shoot me PM.

Products Discussed in

To Top