Notices

havelock surrounding area

Old 08-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
unstpible is on a distinguished road

Marines: terminal lance
Name: Derek
unstpible's Tacoma Gallery
havelock surrounding area

im absolutely loosing my mind i have no clue as to where i can go just to get away from town hit the dirt and spin some tires and i cant go all the way out to ure for a weekend drive is there any cool land owners with a good piece of land or some one who knows some one, or is there a spot hidden away somewhere. would be even better if i could find somewhere that i could shoot off a few rounds get my hunting rifle ready for the hunt or maybe just pop off a few rounds of a 9mm. i have been here for about 2 years and im just loosing my mind i cant stand it out here cause i dont know where to go to have some fun
Attached Thumbnails
havelock surrounding area-2012-07-26-18.22.03.jpg  
Old 08-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Hey there I'm about 15 mins from H-town, you can go down to the national forest but offroading off the roads can get you a ticket. There is a ATV trail down Catfish Lake Rd., its in between Havelock and New Bern (closer to NB). There are tons of miles and stuff, you can bring a boat and go fishing in the several lakes there.

As for a legal place to offroad around here, well I've not found a place really...you should ask some of the offroad shops around town (if any).

Forgot to add, you cannot target shoot in the national forests either!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unstpible View Post
im absolutely loosing my mind i have no clue as to where i can go just to get away from town hit the dirt and spin some tires and i cant go all the way out to ure for a weekend drive is there any cool land owners with a good piece of land or some one who knows some one, or is there a spot hidden away somewhere. would be even better if i could find somewhere that i could shoot off a few rounds get my hunting rifle ready for the hunt or maybe just pop off a few rounds of a 9mm. i have been here for about 2 years and im just loosing my mind i cant stand it out here cause i dont know where to go to have some fun
when i read that^^....

i can just picture me standing on my back porch with arms crossed watching OP sling donuts in my field while holding a pistol out the window and firing off rounds in the air while "kick start my heart" is blasting from his speakers.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippen View Post
Hey there I'm about 15 mins from H-town, you can go down to the national forest but offroading off the roads can get you a ticket. There is a ATV trail down Catfish Lake Rd., its in between Havelock and New Bern (closer to NB). There are tons of miles and stuff, you can bring a boat and go fishing in the several lakes there.

As for a legal place to offroad around here, well I've not found a place really...you should ask some of the offroad shops around town (if any).

Forgot to add, you cannot target shoot in the national forests either!

wft no target shooting whats the point of having national forests if you cant do a da...rn thing in them and i know the catfish lake road but i try to avoid going down there "uncle sam dosent like marines down that road.. they think well kill our self going to fast on the dirt or some thing like that ,.. like i would ever do that

i did find a small turn off out on nine mile close to end where it meets the other hwy no clue if it was legal or not but it was mostly mud and there were a bunch of other tire tracks going through it so i followed them for a min got a little muddy and then at the verry end of nine mile is a little cluster of atv trails on the left side that my tacoma can fit on i goofed around there for a little bit once again no clue if it was legal but it was fun

oh and what part of nc are you in i just moved from new bern to havelock about 2 months ago
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
when i read that^^....

i can just picture me standing on my back porch with arms crossed watching OP sling donuts in my field while holding a pistol out the window and firing off rounds in the air while "kick start my heart" is blasting from his speakers.

Pretty close to what i want haha except shooting a pistol while in your truck will make your ears ring like a mo.fo so I get out of the car for that