Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Anybody in GA shocked about the Project?

Old 09-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #21
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Wow, people still listen to music on non-satellite radio?
This.

I haven't used FM for music since I upgraded to the Rosen with the Sirius unit.
It's either one of the 3 or 4 metal channels or my iPod.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
Mr. LaBeef is on a distinguished road

Mr. LaBeef's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
This.

I haven't used FM for music since I upgraded to the Rosen with the Sirius unit.
It's either one of the 3 or 4 metal channels or my iPod.
My dog ate my new xm. Seriously. Haven't replaced it
Old 09-03-2012, 03:29 AM   #23
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, just found out about the switch. Too many top 40, teenie bopper, & rap radio stations in Atlanta. Satellite is the way to go.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #24
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
On an unrelated note, the country stations are playing that new Taylor Swift song that gets on my damn nerves and is in no way country!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
That "Never ever gonna get back together" or whatever the crap that thing says? There is NO essence of country in that song what-so-ever. I wish she'd fall off the face of the Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Yes! And that shit gets stuck in my damn head too! Why is it that songs you hate get stuck in your head?
Amen. That Taylor Swift song ("We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together") is absolutely horrible (in any music genre). It's certainly not country.

The country music industry has been slowly drifting away from country for decades by adding other sounds to supposedly country musc songs - classic rock (okay, but not country), 80's (ahem), rap (good grief), and now Taylor Swift or similar (ugh!). At this point, my radio stays locked on the few classic rock or classic country stations remaining. I'd rather hear those songs a thousand times than a Taylor Swift-like song even once.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #25
homer96 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh...or Homer
homer96's Tacoma Gallery
Well I was super pissed considering that my Ipod shit out on me about a week before this and I can pick up 2 other stations just like the new 96.1 in the Dahlonega area. My music choices are now: 3 pop stations, 2 or 3 country stations, or 97.1 the river. I may put a satellite radio system where my ash tray is.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #26
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
It sucks definitely although I didn't listen to the project that much.

I used to listen to 99x back in the day non-stop. I stopped listening to "music" terrestrial radio years ago because they all play the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. When I'm driving, I either listen to Newstalk WSB 95.5 (News, traffic, politics) or I listen to my ipod. When I'm at work I stream soundcloud usually (EDM).

I tried Sirius XM for a little bit and got tired of it because they too play the same shit over and over again just like terrestrial radio. Also did Pandora for a little bit but it too started to play the same shit over and over. I will say that Pandora did turn me on to a few new artists, bands, and/or DJ's because they offer a little bit more variety than terrestrial and satelite radio.

It must be me... I hate hearing the same song more than maybe twice in a day. It drives me nuts. I like variety in music and pretty much listen to everything except pop, rap, and R&B. I guess I'm getting old too.