Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Anybody in GA shocked about the Project?

Old 08-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Four Wheel Drive With Room For Five!
Order66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud of

Name: Nick
Order66's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody in GA shocked about the Project?

Just found this out. Project 9-6-1 is now Power 96.1. WTF? 96.1 has been Atlanta's rock station since 1974. Clear Channel Communications is apparently not thinking clearly. Your thoughts?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Hold on, let me get my shocked face...
Old 08-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks man. our signature rock station in the NC Triangle region got the shaft a few years ago. i was sooooooo pissed. . . well, me and the rest of the state haha.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
radio stations nationwide have been taking hits since the economy has been bad. My wife works at a local station (4 stations in her building) and they only have 3 full time DJ's... She works for Cumulus. We do have a few clear channel stations in town as well.

When radio ads arent selling, the company isnt making money. Usualy radio stations biggest clients are car lots, when cars dont sell, they pull ads, stations lose money and have to make budget cuts. Sometimes that means selling out.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
Clear Channel Communications

Keywords.....
Old 08-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
Order66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud of

Order66's Tacoma Gallery
Apparently there must be an insane amount of money in pop stations. That's what it turned into. Atlanta now has three pop stations. That play all the same music. All. The. Same. Since it left Atlanta doesn't really have any rock stations. The closest rock station to Atlanta is in Macon. The signal is pretty weak. But I defiantly see what you are all saying.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
I don't get squat for stations where i live, so a 8 gig. flashdrive loaded up of my favorite music is all i need
Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Clear Channel Communications is a fantastic company with 20K+ employees, HQ'd right here in San Antonio. A church friend of mine is an exec over there and speaks very highly of the company.

I'm sure they had a good reason for the change. They're a very profitable company so I'm sure they know what they are doing in this arena. Sometimes a name and/or slight format change makes all the difference. Guess it depends on the market too. Sure helps if you have good DJs though. It worked 4 years ago here in San Antonio for my favorite station.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #9
Mr. LaBeef is on a distinguished road

Mr. LaBeef's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really pissed at this. That's the only station I listen too. How many damn pop stations do we need. They are all garbage.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:41 AM   #10
jjtnova is on a distinguished road

jjtnova's Tacoma Gallery
Just found this am, I liked 99x and 96 rock when I moved here a looong time ago, now both are gone.....
Old 08-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #11
TWLTRD11 is on a distinguished road

TWLTRD11's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed that on the way to work this morning as well. I kept flipping my presets because I couldn't find it. 96.7 and 96.1 are now sister stations just like you said, pop/hip hop/other new music. No other rock stations?
Old 08-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #12

Order66's Tacoma Gallery
Apparently the only rock stations in Atlanta are Rock 100 and The Buzz. I want to say 99X is still around but I'm not 100% sure on that one.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
That does suck but I listen to more country myself. I like The River. Of course I'm on Satellite right now so I haven't kept up with it but my subscription is about up and I'm not renewing this time.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, people still listen to music on non-satellite radio?
Old 08-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I was pissed yesterday when I went to turn it to hear some rock and that stupid Call me Maybe song was on. We don't need any more of those crappy pop stations. Ghey. Guess I'll have Pandora plugged into my radio every time I'm in the truck from now on.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #16
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

On an unrelated note, the country stations are playing that new Taylor Swift song that gets on my damn nerves and is in no way country!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #17

Order66's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I won't miss about the Project is that ridiculous scratch n sniff nonsense.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
On an unrelated note, the country stations are playing that new Taylor Swift song that gets on my damn nerves and is in no way country!
That "Never ever gonna get back together" or whatever the crap that thing says? There is NO essence of country in that song what-so-ever. I wish she'd fall off the face of the Earth.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
That "Never ever gonna get back together" or whatever the crap that thing says? There is NO essence of country in that song what-so-ever. I wish she'd fall off the face of the Earth.
Yes! And that shit gets stuck in my damn head too! Why is it that songs you hate get stuck in your head?
Old 09-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
Mr. LaBeef is on a distinguished road

Mr. LaBeef's Tacoma Gallery
99X has switched there format to hard rock. Essentially taking the projects place.