1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

good wheeling in western NC?

Discussion in 'South East' started by ross123, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Oct 2, 2012 at 2:27 PM
    ross123

ross123 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    fort bragg
    im looking for somewhere i can go with my family up in the mountains. nothing to crazy but id like to be able to drive into the mountains and check out the scenery. have some lunch just chill really. i love the mountains and haven't been to western NC yet. just looking for some where with a hotel so we can spend the night then do 1 day of driving/ sight seeing.

2. Oct 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    Idaho

Idaho Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    have you been to Uhwarrie yet? It's not quite "west" but has some good stuff

3. Oct 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    jtgroce

jtgroce Got R Did

Member:
    In the Foothills, NC
    Vehicle:
    '12 Taco MGM TRD Off Road
    K&N Air Filter Husky Floor Liners Weathertech Vent Visors LED Map/Dome Light Mod Chrome Door Handles AVS Bugshield Bed Mat Fog Light Anytime Mod DTRL LED's Flowmaster Super 40
    You should check out Blowing Rock or Chimney Rock, NC. Idk about driving up in the mountains but I'm sure there is some trails. At Chimney Rock State Park you drive up the mountain when you go into it but it's all paved road

4. Oct 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    lowinhz

lowinhz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Kurt
    Dandridge Tn
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB 4x4 v6
    Billies@ 2.5, 2inch blocks, front hitch, xrc 8k winch on portable mount, 10 sub behind seat, Memphis amp, pioneer touch radio, cobra cb, 235/85/r16 duratracs with black rims, high lift jack, tint, remote start alarm, hella 500 lights, 59" curve led bar, snorkel, expo trailer with rat, car seat
    Check out max patch nice drive then a walk up to a point on the Appalachian trail no hotels around maybe in Maggie valley

5. Oct 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    ross123

Member:
    fort bragg
    Nice ill goggle those spots. Only reason why I'd want a hotel close by is because I got 2 small kids. And camping with small kids without a actual camp ground is out of the question.

6. Oct 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM
    BCbaseball9

BCbaseball9 Active Member

Member:
    DeLand, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White PreRunner SR5
    3" procomp lift
    Brevard is a good one too. Real nice Holiday Inn Express right outside Pisgah National Forest. Not much hard core wheeling to be done but some dirt backroads up there with some good views. Also Blue Ridge Parkway is only a twenty min drive into the forest. I go to college in Brevard so if you plan on heading this way I'd love to talk trucks with you. great looking setup you got and i'm hoping for something similar soon.

7. Oct 2, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    BMOC

BMOC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paden
    Phoenix, AZ
    if you're in western NC check out bryson city for a burger joint called "naber's". shit's amazing.

8. Oct 2, 2012 at 10:39 PM
    pippen

pippen that was'nt a vitamin!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    Yea its a shame there is'nt much choice of where to go wheeling. Here we have tons of forest trails in the national forest, but you have to leave the gravel roads for the challenges and thats illegal. I got a ticket a few years ago for going through a mudhole in the middle of a parking lot in the forest...though I never paid it and nothing happened from it :) Lucky me I guess they lost it too :D

9. Oct 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM
    Doc4216

Doc4216 Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '14 FJ
    Definitely second the Asheville/Chinmey Rock/Lake Lure/ Hendersonville area! Great mountains, great roads, great area! [​IMG]

10. Oct 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    bdwellons

bdwellons Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tacoma
    I live in Asheville, just got my Tacoma a week ago... If you head up this way, PM me..
    I'd like to go easy wheeling too.

11. Oct 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Grew up in WNC. If you are with family, stay in Asheville. The Blue Ridge Parkway is close by for some of the best driving scenery you'll find. There are stops for picnics, pics, etc. You can also take a look at the Biltmore House. If you want to get outside of Asheville, Boone, Linville, or Nantahala are nice places with Hotels and plenty of scenery.

12. Oct 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    ross123

Member:
    fort bragg
    Thx guys.

13. Oct 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    DitchDoc

DitchDoc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 QC TRD Limited 4x4
    2003 DC 4x4 TRD Cap K&N FIPK
    I grew up in Boone. Always something to get into there. Grandfather Mountain, linville falls, and many others.

14. Oct 12, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    Blueitrgsr

Blueitrgsr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Gainesville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2006 Reg Cab 4wd
    Some bilsteins, OME 885's, and an AAL.
    id be down for something, a camping trip and some trails is cool with me. Got a camper top i cant wait to try out.

Products Discussed in

To Top