Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

good wheeling in western NC?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
good wheeling in western NC?

im looking for somewhere i can go with my family up in the mountains. nothing to crazy but id like to be able to drive into the mountains and check out the scenery. have some lunch just chill really. i love the mountains and haven't been to western NC yet. just looking for some where with a hotel so we can spend the night then do 1 day of driving/ sight seeing.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Idaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud of
Army:
Idaho's Tacoma Gallery
have you been to Uhwarrie yet? It's not quite "west" but has some good stuff
Old 10-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
You should check out Blowing Rock or Chimney Rock, NC. Idk about driving up in the mountains but I'm sure there is some trails. At Chimney Rock State Park you drive up the mountain when you go into it but it's all paved road
Old 10-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
lowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Papa Kurt
lowinhz's Tacoma Gallery
Check out max patch nice drive then a walk up to a point on the Appalachian trail no hotels around maybe in Maggie valley
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ill goggle those spots. Only reason why I'd want a hotel close by is because I got 2 small kids. And camping with small kids without a actual camp ground is out of the question.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
BCbaseball9 is on a distinguished road

BCbaseball9's Tacoma Gallery
Brevard is a good one too. Real nice Holiday Inn Express right outside Pisgah National Forest. Not much hard core wheeling to be done but some dirt backroads up there with some good views. Also Blue Ridge Parkway is only a twenty min drive into the forest. I go to college in Brevard so if you plan on heading this way I'd love to talk trucks with you. great looking setup you got and i'm hoping for something similar soon.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #7
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
if you're in western NC check out bryson city for a burger joint called "naber's". shit's amazing.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Yea its a shame there is'nt much choice of where to go wheeling. Here we have tons of forest trails in the national forest, but you have to leave the gravel roads for the challenges and thats illegal. I got a ticket a few years ago for going through a mudhole in the middle of a parking lot in the forest...though I never paid it and nothing happened from it Lucky me I guess they lost it too
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #9
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely second the Asheville/Chinmey Rock/Lake Lure/ Hendersonville area! Great mountains, great roads, great area!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
bdwellons is on a distinguished road

Name: Brant
bdwellons's Tacoma Gallery
Asheville..

I live in Asheville, just got my Tacoma a week ago... If you head up this way, PM me..
I'd like to go easy wheeling too.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Grew up in WNC. If you are with family, stay in Asheville. The Blue Ridge Parkway is close by for some of the best driving scenery you'll find. There are stops for picnics, pics, etc. You can also take a look at the Biltmore House. If you want to get outside of Asheville, Boone, Linville, or Nantahala are nice places with Hotels and plenty of scenery.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #12
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Thx guys.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #13
DitchDoc is on a distinguished road

EMS: Paramedic
DitchDoc's Tacoma Gallery
I grew up in Boone. Always something to get into there. Grandfather Mountain, linville falls, and many others.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #14
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
id be down for something, a camping trip and some trails is cool with me. Got a camper top i cant wait to try out.