Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Shoe Creek Meet - 26 Jan 2013

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Shoe Creek Meet - 25/26/27 Jan 2013

So here's the plan...

There will be two different convoys over to Shoe Creek:
-The first convoy will be those looking to camp for the weekend. CAMPERS LEAVE ON FRIDAY 25 JANUARY 2013 AT NOON (1200) from the Target on Jefferson Ave. in Newport News, VA. For those going in this convoy, we will be on cb channel 25. This convoy will hopefully arrive at Shoe Creek around 1600 giving plenty of time to find camp, set it up, and have a chance to relax and hangout around the campfire. On Saturday morning, plan on meeting up with everyone and doing some wheeling at 1000. After everyone gets through the trails we can gas up and return to camp. Sunday we will wake up, pack our gear, and head home. It will be up to all the campers whether we all head home together or at our own pace, however it is still preferred to at least travel in pairs in case of emergency.
-The second convoy will be those looking to go do some wheeling and be back the same day. NON-CAMPERS WILL LEAVE ON SATURDAY 26 JANUARY 2013 AT 0600 from the Target on Jefferson Ave. in Newport News, VA. This convoy will hopefully arrive at Shoe Creek around 1000 when everyone will meet up and hit the trails. This should allow enough time to get through the trails and get these guys home at a decent hour.
*NOTE* For those who don't live near the Hampton Roads area, if you do not plan on meeting us at the Target in Newport News, we all will be stopping at the BP in Amherst around 1530 and plan on leaving around 1600. Be sure to gas up here because we dont want anyone running out while we hit the trails! See the address for the BP below.

Brief overview of schedule:
Friday 25 Jan 2013:
1145 - (Campers) Meet at Target in Newport News, VA.
1200 - (Campers) Depart from Target to Shoe Creek.
1530 - (Campers) Arrive at BP in Amherst to meet with those not in the main convoy.
1600 - (Campers) Depart from BP in Amherst to Shoe Creek to set up camp.
Saturday 26 Jan 2013:
0545 - (Non-Campers) Meet at Target in Newport News, VA.
0600 - (Non-Campers) Depart from Target to Shoe Creek.
1000 - ETA of non-campers. Time for wheelin'! After finishing trails, non-campers head home, campers return to camp.
Sunday 27 Jan 2013:
(Time TBD) - (Campers) Return to home.

Amherst BP Address:
1495 North Amherst Highway
Amherst, VA 24521

Shoe Creek Address:
2097 Perkins Mill RD
Roseland, VA 22967

Who's Coming??? Glad you asked...
-ME! (DSully72)
-StAndrew (maybe)
-Slimwood Shady
-skytower (+1)
-superwhite10 (+1)
-SMSmithy (maybe)
-J Rod (maybe)
-Enders Taco
-ruggedT
-jdhaas3 (maybe)
-Sullyman
-J Rod
-Sandman614
-Huntr65
-wsfisherman189
-VATACOEXP
-Namyo (maybe)
-EL TACOROJO (maybe)
-MadMtnMikey (maybe)
-hard2kill (maybe)
-YotaMatt (+1)
-Bandit
-rclangelan
-CookieMonster
-ponethousand (+1)
-Nolawall
-ckeene9
-Gadget@URD
-mattmxracer
-loco (maybe)

Things to keep in mind:
-If you do not have a CB radio, but plan on getting one in the future, there is no better time than now! Anyone with a CB will likely have it on
the entire way there and back as well as through the trails.
-Have front and rear tow points (especially prerunners).
-Dress warm! It will be the middle of winter and we will be at a higher elevation so it will be even colder!!!
-Bring your cameras! If possible, send me videos and pictures. I will make a short video after the meet and the more cool pictures and
videos we have the better! (PM me for my email address)
-Have fun! That's what this meet is all about. It's a blessing for everyone to be able to come together and enjoy the great outdoors by
slinging mud and climbing rocks on four wheels.

Again, thanks to everyone for your patience, cooperation, and participation. This trip is going to be a big success and a heck of a lot of fun. Be sure to stay posted for updates and if there are any issues or concerns please don't hesitate to give your feedback by replying to this thread. Also feel free to contact me on my cell phone. Just PM me for my cell number and let me know who you are when I receive a call/text from you.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Too far to tell but put me down as a maybe.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in, +1. Work dependant.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm...maybe
Old 10-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
Liberty Or Death
SMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Aviation Structural Mechanic Third Class, VFA 81
Name: Sam
SMSmithy's Tacoma Gallery
I'll know for sure when we get closer, so its a maybe for me.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #7
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 AM   #8
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 25B - IT
Name: Jared
J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down as a maybe. Don't know if I will be in the field during that time. Remember them saying something about January.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #9
Enders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Ben
Enders Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also down so long as I'm clear from work
Old 10-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
U in joe joe? Not a party without u man lol
Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #11
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MadMtnMikey's Tacoma Gallery
Saw this while I was lurking in the Tidewater forum... I'll already be out there camping when you guys get out there... Hopefully I'll see yall out there
Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #12
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet... perfect timing to break in the new puppy
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
jdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Jimmy
jdhaas3's Tacoma Gallery
put me down as a maybe
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMtnMikey View Post
Saw this while I was lurking in the Tidewater forum... I'll already be out there camping when you guys get out there... Hopefully I'll see yall out there
Sounds good man! Hopefully well be there around 10 or 11 am depending on if we stop for breakfast when we get there or not
Old 10-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #16
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman View Post
I guess I better toss in a definate "maybe" since my kid is organizing this one...
Old 10-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman View Post
I guess I better toss in a definate "maybe" since my kid is organizing this one...
That's right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Dont hate
Old 10-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #18
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 25B - IT
Name: Jared
J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Realistically, what all will be needed for a shoe creek trip? Like camping gear, etc.. This is all so new to me.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #19
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Realistically, what all will be needed for a shoe creek trip? Like camping gear, etc.. This is all so new to me.
Just a tent, chair, and sleeping bag. Shoe is stock friendly....

Products Discussed in this Thread