Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Northern Virginia Mod / Meet Day

Old 12-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #21
Milk was a BAD choice
CHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant future

Name: Dave
CHUNKY08's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a maybe for the meet. If I am able to come I would like to install Matt's fog lights on my truck. What, if any, tools/parts would I need to accomplish such a task?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKY08 View Post
I'm a maybe for the meet. If I am able to come I would like to install Matt's fog lights on my truck. What, if any, tools/parts would I need to accomplish such a task?
Daniel said he can bring basic wiring materials, so we should be able to do that. Also, does a 1030 or 11 am start sound good to you guys? Figured we can all throw in a little cash and just order pizza for lunch.

Matt
Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #23
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Fog lights should be PNP if you already are wired for them. If not you'll need a switch for the inside and wires to run to the switch. 10-11 AM start sounds good to me. I will be able to make it; the wife has that day off so she will be able to watch the kids. Ordering pizzas or something sounds good to me.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #24
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Fog lights should be PNP if you already are wired for them. If not you'll need a switch for the inside and wires to run to the switch. 10-11 AM start sounds good to me. I will be able to make it; the wife has that day off so she will be able to watch the kids. Ordering pizzas or something sounds good to me.
I don't think the SR5 comes with fog light wiring, could be wrong though.

Matt
Old 12-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
Milk was a BAD choice
CHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant future

Name: Dave
CHUNKY08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
no wiring harness. no switch. no anything

10-11 start sounds good to me as long as I can make it!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #26
PinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Luke
PinkTaco69's Tacoma Gallery
10 or 11 sounds good to me. My address is 14615 Fitzwater Drive Nokesville Va 20181.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #27
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTaco69 View Post
10 or 11 sounds good to me. My address is 14615 Fitzwater Drive Nokesville Va 20181.
Ok cool! I'll put it as 10:30 for now, no need to be exact here

Matt
Old 12-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #28
osty82 is on a distinguished road
osty82's Tacoma Gallery
hey all...im new here and live in NoVa....I can make it for this!!! hopefully I'll have my lift on by the meet????
I have plenty of tools, but they are specific for bicycles LOL...
so, count me in if that's cool w/ everyone...I can help w/ wrenching etc as me and a buddy put on my spacer lift last year...so I have a somewhat understanding of what needs to be done...
Old 12-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #29
Student / Vol. FF

Sounds good Osty. Just so everyone knows, we have room for one more person / truck (Luke said he can host 12 trucks in the driveway / garage).

Matt
Old 12-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #30
PinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Matt, 12 was just a ballpark but there's room for everyone. We'll find a place for everyone somehow haha.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #31
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Hey Matt, 12 was just a ballpark but there's room for everyone. We'll find a place for everyone somehow haha.
Ok sounds good, I just didn't want a whole bunch of trucks coming and parking on your house or something.

Matt
Old 12-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #32
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I haven't done a wrenching party is so long, I'm actually excited. It's kinda funny when your hobby is a lot like work isn't it?

There are still quite a few jeeps running around in the NOVA area that have mods on em that I did. Snorkels, lifts, bumpers, bed liner, CB's..

Did we get a needed tool list going yet?

I'm planning on bringing:
1. My basic hand tools (my tool bag is a mess) but I have all kinds of sockets and ratchets... I need to work on engraving my tools.
2. A small bottle jacks
3. Jack stands (they're for cars, my big set got stolen)
4. Small floor jack 2.5 tonne

Any tools anyone can think of that I haven't mentioned? Ask for it, I may have one floating around that isn't in my "go everywhere" bag that I'm not thinking of.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #33
Student / Vol. FF

Well, so far, the only mods that people have talked about doing is just the bumper mount and driving light wiring that I need, and the frame drilling you're doing. I'm bringing my socket wrenches and any wiring materials I have. I think Daniel is bringing the other wiring stuff I will need. We all should have our little OEM bottle jacks.

Matt
Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #34

I appreciate the courtesy. I have 5 acres so there's plenty of room for 100 trucks.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #35

I might order my lift in between now and then. I gotta see what the wife says, oh wait I'm not married and my money is all mine haha
Old 12-31-2012, 05:12 AM   #36
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
I might order my lift in between now and then. I gotta see what the wife says, oh wait I'm not married and my money is all mine haha

Matt
Old 12-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #37
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sigh, lucky
Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #38
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Stay smart and keep it that way.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #39
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I was planning on bringing drill different bits. Wiring connectors,wire,soldering iron, an whatever else I have left over lol. Also 1/2inch cordless 3/8cordless an a crap load of sockets a hammer pry bar an a bunch of wrenches. If y'all need certain socket sizes that you don't have let me know I probably have it. Excited to help out
Old 12-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #40
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
I was planning on bringing drill different bits. Wiring connectors,wire,soldering iron, an whatever else I have left over lol. Also 1/2inch cordless 3/8cordless an a crap load of sockets a hammer pry bar an a bunch of wrenches. If y'all need certain socket sizes that you don't have let me know I probably have it. Excited to help out
Sounds like that's everything we'll need actually. So far we have my bumper mount and light wiring (basic), Ronin's frame drilling (shouldn't be tough ) and installing my fog lights on Chunky's rig, which may be a little more in-depth since he doesn't have any fog light wiring.

Matt