Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Northern Virginia Mod / Meet Day

Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #41
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Is he using stock fogs? From your truck?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #42
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, but he is SR5 so he doesn't have any of the OEM fog light wiring, so I'm not sure how that works.

Matt
Old 01-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #43
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Then he should go 2 Toyota an get connectors for the fogs an pig tails an then we could wire it up from there
Old 01-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #44
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I thought some sr5 models were pre-wired but maybe not
Old 01-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #45
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A couple posts back he said he didn't any wiring or harnesses, so I guess he can do what Daniel suggested.

Matt
Old 01-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #46
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah i remember seeing that. I just remember reading in the past a lot of guys mentioning all the wiring was in place and all they needed was the fogs and a switch. Maybe it depends on the options that come with the truck.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #47
spithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant future

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Sounds like that's everything we'll need actually. So far we have my bumper mount and light wiring (basic), Ronin's frame drilling (shouldn't be tough ) and installing my fog lights on Chunky's rig, which may be a little more in-depth since he doesn't have any fog light wiring.

Matt
I'd recommend someone bring a hammer drill for the frame drilling and a good quality drill bit. The last time I drilled a frame with a cordless I thought the motor was going to melt the drill.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #48
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck a cordless for frame drilling, I'm bringing corded. It's what I used for all the other holes.. I just ran out of time for the last two holes. It's a big half inch Milwaukee corded drill.. I just need fresh bits. I'll get some together.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #49

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I have some awsome metal bits I can bring
Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #50
Milk was a BAD choice
CHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant future

Name: Dave
CHUNKY08's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys! What do I need to get from Toyota to run these fog lights? I was thinking about getting one of those novelty rocker switches off the internet to use. That should be fine right?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #51
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKY08 View Post
Hey guys! What do I need to get from Toyota to run these fog lights? I was thinking about getting one of those novelty rocker switches off the internet to use. That should be fine right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
Then he should go 2 Toyota an get connectors for the fogs an pig tails an then we could wire it up from there
This is what Daniel said you need, but don't trust me to know.

Matt
Old 01-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #52
sparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the rough
Army: 42A
Name: Ben
sparkyufo's Tacoma Gallery
Just giving you all a heads up. As much as I would like to meet some other Taco owners in the area, I can not shift my schedule around, so therefore I will not be able to make it.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #53
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyufo View Post
Just giving you all a heads up. As much as I would like to meet some other Taco owners in the area, I can not shift my schedule around, so therefore I will not be able to make it.
Sucks man. Maybe we'll see ya at the Tuesday (01/08) meet?

Matt
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #54
I can stop a bullet.......Once
jstrait24 will become famous soon enoughjstrait24 will become famous soon enough

Navy: STS2 (ss)
Name: Josh
jstrait24's Tacoma Gallery
I want to come and have fun too guys.... I have a set of four 2 ton jack stands that i can bring and other tools if needed. If anyone has a jig saw or circular saw and a sander that would be awesome I would really like to make a custom sub box for my cab. I have a cardboard mock-up just no tools, or money to get tools.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #55
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
I may be bringing some King Remote Reservoir Shocks to mount...decided to go with a King setup vs. Icon. I am hoping that the rears will be in prior to the gathering. I also need to finish my dual battery install. Damn...I actually have stuff to do.

I can bring anything and everything from a tool perspective. I have action packers loaded out as follows:

1. Electrical - everything electrical from fuses to connectors to a heat gun to shrink wrap

2. Mechanical - everything from impact sockets to every size wrench known to man

3. Fabrication - Grinders, cutters, files...I can't bring a welder or plasma cutter

4. Air Tools - all air tools - cut off wheels, impact, ratchet, etc.

I have jack stands and work lights as well...and like every good Tacoma owner a Hi-Lift in the truck at all times. If there is anything specific I need to bring let me know. If not, I will just bring my normal tool loadout. I also have a portable air compressor / tank that is pretty good with air tools.

- Mark
Old 01-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #56
sparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the rough
Army: 42A
Name: Ben
sparkyufo's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Sucks man. Maybe we'll see ya at the Tuesday (01/08) meet?

Matt
I must have missed the thread regarding the 8th. I am off all day, when and where? That one I already know I can make.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #57
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyufo View Post
I must have missed the thread regarding the 8th. I am off all day, when and where? That one I already know I can make.
Buffalo Wing University in Fairfax City around 6:30.

Just realized I will probably not even have my Demello and Acros in time for the meet.

Matt
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #58
Look away, I'm hideous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfar80 View Post
I may be bringing some King Remote Reservoir Shocks to mount...decided to go with a King setup vs. Icon. I am hoping that the rears will be in prior to the gathering. I also need to finish my dual battery install. Damn...I actually have stuff to do.

I can bring anything and everything from a tool perspective. I have action packers loaded out as follows:

1. Electrical - everything electrical from fuses to connectors to a heat gun to shrink wrap

2. Mechanical - everything from impact sockets to every size wrench known to man

3. Fabrication - Grinders, cutters, files...I can't bring a welder or plasma cutter

4. Air Tools - all air tools - cut off wheels, impact, ratchet, etc.

I have jack stands and work lights as well...and like every good Tacoma owner a Hi-Lift in the truck at all times. If there is anything specific I need to bring let me know. If not, I will just bring my normal tool loadout. I also have a portable air compressor / tank that is pretty good with air tools.

- Mark
Someone was asking about a welder earlier to weld on a muffler. The electrical stuff sounds like it may be beneficial and we can always use an extra set of wrenches. Im planning on bringing my small assortment of tools but dont really know if theyll be needed much. Better safe than sorry. And gives me an excuse to clean up the garage a bit while putting it back afterwards.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:11 AM   #59
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrait24 View Post
I want to come and have fun too guys.... I have a set of four 2 ton jack stands that i can bring and other tools if needed. If anyone has a jig saw or circular saw and a sander that would be awesome I would really like to make a custom sub box for my cab. I have a cardboard mock-up just no tools, or money to get tools.
I'll bring a jig saw, a circular saw and if the weather is good enough for me to leave the tonneau open I'll bring a job site saw with me too.

I must be a bad taco owner... My high lift is in Pennsylvania.. In my camping trailer granted, I left it up there after totally my jeep and didn't have a truck at the time.. I have an idea on a mount I'd like to build for it. I wonder how ugly it'll look mounted on my front bumper..
Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 AM   #60
Look away, I'm hideous!

You could put it on your hood liike the jeep guys do
I like the way they mount to the bed rails with the ATO mounts. Out of sight, out of mind for someone to steal.