Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Good shop for alignment in NoVa.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
Good shop for alignment in NoVa.

After I installed a set of coil spacers to level out my truck, I took it down to the pros at NTB for the alignment because I had their warranty after getting new tires. They "couldn't" align the front end at a couple of different shops because of the lift. The truck pulls to the left and I think the camber is off. Does anyone know of a good shop to get this fixed at a decent price? Sorry if this has already been answered, but the search option doesn't work on my iPhone.

Thanks, Frank.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
Advance automotive in chantilly VA.

4007 Westfax Drive Chantilly, VA 20151
(703) 802-0688

the only shop I let work on my vehicles for anything I am not willing or able to do at home.
If your lift is too much and you are still running stock upper control arms, you may need new uppers to get your alignment into the correct specs of 0º camber, 0º toe, and 2.5º-3º caster.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Ronin. It shouldn't be too much lift, its only a 1" spacer. I thought you could have 3" of lift before you needed to change UCAs.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the time, you have to tell the tech what needs to be done. So, any shop may say they can't do it. What you have to tell thhem is to get the Camber to 0*, this is a must. If they can, get the caster as close to 3* as possible, but the camber must stay at 0*, and they may have to sacrifice the caster being out of spec to achieve 0* camber, this is fine. Then finally of course the toe must be 0*. Also let them know to torque the lower control arm bolts n nuts to 100ftlbs, or you'll hear a popping noise.

So take it back to NTB
Camber to 0*
Caster as close to 3*, but may need to be sacrificed to achieve Camber
Toe to 0*
and LCA bolts to 100ftlbs
Good luck
Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #5

Thanks Texoma. I'll see about it when I get back to VA.