Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

.:-- March Land Between the Lakes Meet --:.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
.:-- March Land Between the Lakes Meet --:.

Land Between the Lakes in Golden Pond, KY.. AKA Turkey Bay
Official dates are March 1-3 2013. Although some of us are going down Feb 28th and maybe staying until the 4th.

Official Website of the area:
http://www.lbl.org/index.html

Google Maps URL:
http://goo.gl/maps/EOkRw

Vehicle list as of 1.15.2013

Taco721(Zach) = yes
Undead1153(Weston) = yes (+1 maybe)
AllMotoRRex(Gideon) | camping = yes
Robertocritser(Levi) = yes
Tjbj11(Tim) = yes
jgillchevy = yes
Jspadaro(Jim) = maybe
Elnacho(David) = maybe
Six | camping = yes
sk8rjess(Cody) | camping = yes (+1)
monsterkx2fiddy = maybe
ethanfoy(Ethan) = yes
lowinhz(Kurt) | camping = yes
Skootter14(Jeremy) = yes
Mali198923(Muhammad) | camping = yes (+1)
toy44runner(Cooper) | camping = yes

Coming down Thurs
sk8rjess
allmotorrex
lowinhz
robertocritser
toy44runner

My number: 859.628.0931
Gideons number: 901.336.8259 (the "i'm lost" contact)

If you're going to camp, let me know and i'll put it by your name!

videos:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=turkey+bay

random pics i've found of the place.

and they have what i call "organized camping" available as well

Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a link to the specific page for the offroad section of the park. LBL OHV Park

More information: Maps of the Area
Quote:
OHV Regulations

~Riding passengers on OHVs not designed to carry passengers is prohibited. (36 CFR 261.55b)
~Passengers are allowed in vehicles built to carry passengers by the manufacturer and the vehicle must contain the following: enclosed metal cab, roll bar protection, or seatbelts.
~All users are required to wear DOT-approved motorcycle safety helmets while vehicles are in operation, except in vehicles with fully enclosed metal cabs and/or roll bar protection and seatbelts.
~No person under age 16 may operate an ATV with an engine size exceeding 90cc displacement, and no person under age 12 may operate an ATV with an engine size exceeding 70cc displacement. (KY State Law 189.515)
~Direct parental or adult supervision is required for all persons under the age of 16 years operating an off-highway vehicle. (KY Revised Statute 189.515)
~OHVs are to be operated from sunrise to sunset only.
~Users must remain within the boundaries of Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area. The lakeside boundary fluctuates with the summer and winter pool lake levels. The waters edge serves as the western boundary of Turkey Bay. Only "street legal" OHVs (as defined by KY statutes) may be operated on LBL roads outside Turkey Bay and then on LBL legal roads only.
~Operators/passengers of motorized vehicles, except motorcycles, ATVs, and six wheelers, must use a fastened seatbelt while the vehicle is in use.
~All off-highway vehicles must be registered with Land Between The Lakes before being used in Turkey Bay OHV Area. The permit sticker must be properly displayed on the registered vehicle at all times. When the gatehouse is staffed, permits may be obtained there. When the gatehouse is not staffed, riders must obtain a permit from the Golden Pond Visitor Center daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or at North and South Welcome Stations, March - November from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
~A 15 mph speed limit will be enforced on the entrance road, camping, and unloading areas. Please use these areas for their designated use. No exhibition riding will be permitted.
~All vehicles and operators must be in compliance with all state and federal laws.
~OHVs must have properly functioning spark arresters and mufflers.
~LBL is neither liable nor responsible for damage, loss, or theft of personal property or for injuries to visitors.
~Litter laws are strictly enforced throughout all of LBL. Users are expected to use the trash receptacles or to remove any trash they bring in with them.
~All users must enter and exit Turkey Bay by way of Road 167 off The Trace. All other accesses are prohibited.
~Anyone under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian's signature to ride.
~Kentucky state law prohibits the public consumption of alcohol.
~Operating a vehicle in a manner that damages, mutilates , or removes any natural feature or other property is prohibited (36 CFR 261.9 a and b). This includes mud bogging or mudding.
Pics of the area from Expo Portal.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

great idea!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
bonafide

BLAHBLAHBLAH
Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you have any actual pics of the area? If so, you should post them in the OP.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
bonafide

i already posted a link with pics int he first post, i'll see if i can dig up more when i get some slow time here at work
Old 01-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh

Ok, I'll see if I can get any posted, and you could just copy them into the op when you get a chance

EDIT: posted some of the pics from the other thread in my first post.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
bonafide

first post updated with random pics too
Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #11
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I want to go. But I like the paint on my truck
Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkx2fiddy View Post
You should still come!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
bonafide

Quote:
from the looks of some of the rigs coming, you're not the only one. i'd say you'll be fine. none of these look like bad trails really and we're not going to go hitting hardcore trails when half the people aren't ready for them.
we may split into two groups, but we will have to wait and see when we all get there.
either way it's going to be a blast and good fellowship!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
from the looks of some of the rigs coming, you're not the only one. i'd say you'll be fine. none of these look like bad trails really and we're not going to go hitting hardcore trails when half the people aren't ready for them.
we may split into two groups, but we will have to wait and see when we all get there.
either way it's going to be a blast and good fellowship!
This. I have zero armor on my truck, and I'm ready to get out there. Granted, my truck is 15 years old...haha
Old 01-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Lol trails look gnarly. Just thought of something I am taking a ton of units this semester. Idk if I will even have time off.maybe ill get the opportunity to go well see
Old 01-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh

Where are you going to school?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
bonafide

Quote:
Lol trails look gnarly. Just thought of something I am taking a ton of units this semester. Idk if I will even have time off.maybe ill get the opportunity to go well see
there honestly isn't all that many pics out there of this place. think about it, a very little amount of pics means they were only taking pics of the hard stuff. and you see some completely stock newer tacos on the trail in one of those!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #18
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! A meet and trail ride that is within a reasonable distance. Put me down as a maybe.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
bonafide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
Awesome! A meet and trail ride that is within a reasonable distance. Put me down as a maybe.
you got it bud! and get that trailer done and bring that too! i've wanted to build one of those up so bad.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Yall are some damn babies!!! U dont have to have a badass truck to come. U don't have to even drive ur truck when ur there. This isn't a dick swinging contest, there are no trophies, and there sure as hell ain't no hate for any TOYOTAS that come. My truck is capable and trail ready and has plenty of scratches on it. Yes I would love to hit some hard trails and put in some work but that's not why I want to go. I love camping and trail riding. Combine that with a big ass group of folks that share some common interests and it sounds like a fun ass time!!
I know what it feels like to be told to stay behind because my truck "can't do those things" and its not cool to feel left out. So I'm not gonna ruin anyone's weekend, including mine, by leaving them just because they can't follow. I'm down for the team win!! No cry babies that weekend