Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Flagpole Knob Meet- March 16th-17th

Old 01-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #41
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
I have decided to make a poll to see which date would be better for everybody. The date may stay the same or it could change depending on how many are coming.
Link is here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...knob-meet.html
Old 01-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #43
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
I maybe in.

Did you see the update on the poll for dates? Its looking like this date will be the one for right now
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #44
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Did you see the update on the poll for dates? Its looking like this date will be the one for right now
Sounds good, I know I am dog sitting march-april but I don't know exact dates. It also depends on money.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #45
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
how would you say this place is compared to shoe? honestly i dont think im gonna give my truck too much more of a beating. its my daily driver and i need it to last me through college and a few years into my career after i finish with college. then i can have more fun with it. and if theres snow/ice im a definite no go.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
how would you say this place is compared to shoe? honestly i dont think im gonna give my truck too much more of a beating. its my daily driver and i need it to last me through college and a few years into my career after i finish with college. then i can have more fun with it. and if theres snow/ice im a definite no go.
This trail is similar to shoecreek, the shorter trail is wider and haa a few more obstacles to play on. The shorter trail has no river crossings but quite a few mud holes that are on the trail along the way. I took my truck that way when it was stock and I had no issues. Although I am a 4x4, you would just need a running start through the mud holes. They are not deep at all. Ones off course are deep enough for a snorkel. You will be fine. I have seen a prerunner do it before with no issues.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #47
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
This trail is similar to shoecreek, the shorter trail is wider and haa a few more obstacles to play on. The shorter trail has no river crossings but quite a few mud holes that are on the trail along the way. I took my truck that way when it was stock and I had no issues. Although I am a 4x4, you would just need a running start through the mud holes. They are not deep at all. Ones off course are deep enough for a snorkel. You will be fine. I have seen a prerunner do it before with no issues.
what about sketchy cliffs and sheeit. not trying to have another little accident like i did saturday... think itll be icy up there in march?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #48
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
any date will really work for me, as long as i have at least 2 weeks in advance notice to request off time
Old 01-29-2013, 03:46 AM   #49

Quote:
what about sketchy cliffs and sheeit. not trying to have another little accident like i did saturday... think itll be icy up there in march?
There are cliffs but you should be fine. Flagpole can also get really muddy in some sections but not that thick stuff. There are plenty of places to camp along the way on the shorter trail and if you didnt feel comfortable with something you could leave your truck there and ride with someone else. I feel like it wont be icy in march. I will make a run up there a week in advance to check out some things also.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #50

Some videos I found....but there old and the music is horrible. The trail run is part of the shorter trail in first vid

http://youtu.be/spkwpeRSefE

The dreaded stair steps obstacles

http://youtu.be/RhggpFHXu7M

Some of the obstacles at flagpole

http://youtu.be/sRtD9C9wBd0
Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #52

Quote:
There are cliffs but you should be fine. Flagpole can also get really muddy in some sections but not that thick stuff. There are plenty of places to camp along the way on the shorter trail and if you didnt feel comfortable with something you could leave your truck there and ride with someone else. I feel like it wont be icy in march. I will make a run up there a week in advance to check out some things also.
Ill have to do some more thinking about it lol
Old 01-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #53

Quote:
Ill have to do some more thinking about it lol
Come with your Dad if you dont wanna take yours
Old 01-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #54
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_67...e_gdata_player
Old 01-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #56

Quote:
Come with your Dad if you dont wanna take yours
Dad won't wanna bring his truck out there. He said shoe creek was more rough than he thought.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #57
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
if its dry im in...IF ITS DRY!!!! well i can handle a little mud diggin
Talk to burry bout dat conversion
Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #58
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
Talk to burry bout dat conversion

barry hasnt even completed his yet. hes to much of a slack ass and plus doing a second gen is way more difficult
Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #60
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
plus i dont want a 4wd...if i did..i wouldve either 1. kept my 4wd tundra or 2. bought a 4wd tacoma ...im happy with my truck the way it is
Just gotta keep the momentum