Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Charlotte, NC Paint Jobs

Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Charlotte, NC Paint Jobs

Hey guys,
I have talked to a few guys around here that have been interested in having some fiberglass and what not painted to match their truck or SUV. I thought I would make a thread for it so more people knew that there was a good place to get their glass or panels painted without paying crazy amounts.
I will do the prices on a job by job basis, but they won't vary to much. If you have something that you want painted let me know. It would be something that I would do after hours at my hydrographics shop. Usual turn around times would be about 4-6 days. If you have big gouges and scratches in the fiberglass, I can take them out with some body work but that will add to the cost and time it takes to complete.
All of my materials are formulated to last for many years with excellent UV protection. All parts will be sanded and buffed for a smooth as glass finish.
For pricing shoot me a PM. I will try and look for some pictures of a few things that have been painted.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Making sure people know they can get stuff painted cheaper here
Old 03-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man would you fix motorcycle track plastics? Its fiberglass. I have a lower piece that has a hole in it.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
07BLKTACO is on a distinguished road

07BLKTACO's Tacoma Gallery
What about painting an entire truck?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BLKTACO View Post
What about painting an entire truck?

Entire trucks are hard to paint in my place. The room gets quite tight with a whole vehicle in there with all my water transfer equipment. And the time it takes away from all my other stuff that is going on is to much.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
Here was one of the more recent jobs.

I dipped the dash and other parts in a true weave carbon fiber that can be seen in this thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-printing.html
Old 04-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post
How much to colormatch a 09 grill? I'll sand and get it prepped for paint.
$100 minimum. I know you say you will do the prep work but honestly I would end up doing some too so that I know my paint will stick. You are looking more in the $125 range for paint, clear, and final buffing.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
Still trying to take care of my socal guys that need paint work.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Shit I just saw this. Just dropped my glassworks fenders to color match at this shop in riverside
Old 04-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #11
what are they charging you for them?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #12
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
As much as what I payed for them. They'll fix some scratches on them and do a clear coat as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
shrpshtr37 is on a distinguished road
shrpshtr37's Tacoma Gallery
?

how much to paint fibrglass tonneau cover?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
As much as what I payed for them. They'll fix some scratches on them and do a clear coat as well.

Sounds about right. Fenders are anywhere between $300-400.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
Go home Nubbs, street lights are off!
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
Name: Pancho
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
ppg?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho View Post
ppg?

Actually yes. Most of my paint is a solvent based PPG and a PCL clear. Some of the custom colors I usually get in a water base. All factory colors are PPG though.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #18
Here is a ranger that needed some glass color matched:

Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 05-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
I wasn't very clear in that post with the ranger. That had no clear on it yet.