Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Central VA Spring Meet & Greet ....

Old 02-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
willee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd Class PO
willee51's Tacoma Gallery
Central VA Spring Meet & Greet ....

Well, I'd like to get one planned and carried out! However, all the work involved on my part, will have to worth the EFFORT!

1. I will need the assistance of our local Toyota Dealer & Newspaper to pull it off
2. Will need to assure the Dealer, their efforts will yield results
3. I picture a Saturday (so the largets # of folks are off work)
4. Will try to pull in a few food vendors
5. Toyota TRUCKS only
6. To get the Dealer onboard, may have to include Tundra as well as TACOMA's
7. Time permitting, may inclued a ride up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and ride a few "fireroads" and show-off a few "trout-streams"!

__________________________________________________ ________

1. Cancelled due to lack of interest
2. Blue Ridge Parkway, as least now, is still closed in our area! I called and they said they had NO idea when it will open! (Sequester$$$)

Sound off if you'll be interested, PLEASE
Old 02-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
spot is a name known to allspot is a name known to allspot is a name known to allspot is a name known to allspot is a name known to allspot is a name known to all
Name: Jon
spot's Tacoma Gallery
im down just let me know i got family in lynchburg....
Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
White-Lightning is on a distinguished road

White-Lightning's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to White-Lightning
I live in Lynchburg and would be down for something like this for sure.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
In!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
I could do this depending on the date set. I'm in lynchburg every other weekend as is.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
JW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JW
JW87's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
Have Lockers will Travel!
loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Petty Officer
Name: Phil
loco's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmm what weekend we thinking here? Could drag a group up from Nafuck.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Huh. Date is key here.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
im down.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
Enders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Ben
Enders Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Need a date. There is a huge toyota meet in that area on the 30th of March. If this is a dealer thing they need to step with with some door prizes and t-shirts. EVERY DEALER is being REQUIRED to do a truck event EVERY YEAR. I used to work sales for a local dealership and worked the Scion events. If you are going to them with all the work, normally the region will match them dollar for dollar on what they spend. Normally my GM limited me at around 1500-2000. Use some of that as service coupons, check with local truck accessory companies and you should be able to put some awesome stuff together.

If the first dealer says no, go to the next one.

The last one I set up was a poker run that had 45 scions show up. We gave away $1400 in electronics, $200 in remote control cars, $300 in T-shirts. We had a small registration fee of $10 and a 50/50 raffle. After everything was said and done we ended up having a lot of great marketing out of it, positive feedback from the community and a $1500 check for a local charity.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
spot is a name known to allspot is a name known to allspot is a name known to allspot is a name known to allspot is a name known to allspot is a name known to all
Name: Jon
spot's Tacoma Gallery
Date is def key because we got a trip plan on march 16-17 near Staunton already
Old 02-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #12
willee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wink Great comments!

Seems folks are busy in March and that there is a Show at the end of March!

I will try to get by the Dealer tomorrow, and see what we can do in April.

Will get back with you folks ASAP!

Small town and one Toyota Dealer, if they agree to assist, they may want to include Tundra (hope that will NOT be a show stopper for you folks)!

If we can pull this off, it WILL be one to remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Upstage the Tundras
2. Clean & WAX your ride
3. Bring other Taco's
4. Make a windshield sign with at least your "TW" user name and your HOMEtown
5. Be willing to help police the show, so we can be invited back every year
6. More to come!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #13
12F0T0 is on a distinguished road
12F0T0's Tacoma Gallery
date is key for me too...visit Lynchburg most weekends. I shoot the event if I am there.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #14

Talking Still planning ......

1. Local Toyota Dealer is interested (was by there today)
2. Waiting on the local Mall to call me back about hosting it there (River Ridge Mall, Lynchburg, VA,in the old Sears parking lot (Sears closed its doors on Jan 1)
3. Possible Saturday in April

Stay tuned..........
Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #15
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Last call for the All Pro Free Shipping group buy. If anyone wants in, poke the thread with your wants and needs. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...rthern-va.html

We still would need an additional 4 leafs to get to the additional discount.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Last call for the All Pro Free Shipping group buy. If anyone wants in, poke the thread with your wants and needs. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...rthern-va.html

We still would need an additional 4 leafs to get to the additional discount.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
Hope your kidding. Was just making sure ALL VA people knew this was going on. I have been on the receiving end of a missed group buy that I wanted in on.

But I appologize, I will not bother anyone in your thread with deals anymore.

Just for you though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omk6TAxJYOg#
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #18
heavy user
mm1ssdv is on a distinguished road

Navy: nuke sub mechanic / diver
Name: Chris
mm1ssdv's Tacoma Gallery
i'm in, i'll drive over from tech.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #19

Exclamation Well...........

Having trouble finding a spot to park folks for the Meet & Greet (Lynchburg, VA).

1. Some places are afraid of possible Liaibility?
2. Some folks are concerned about any cleanup, after!!!
3. River Ridge Mall is out as they want a "Leasing Fee"

Not giving up, will continue to look for a suitable spot
Old 02-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
Enders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Ben
Enders Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Public parks are fair game