1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Virginia state inspection

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by coffeesnob, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Mar 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    My tacoma has about a 3inch crack with a couple of smaller cracks coming from it in the top passenger side portion of my windshield. Completely out of my field of view.The inspector rejected it. I know what the law says about any crack longer than 1.5 inches etc but.....I have googled it and some have said their windshield passed because the crack was on the passenger side. I just can't believe they are being this petty...

2. Mar 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    In my experience it all depends on the inspector. Some follow the rules exactly to cover their own ass. Some find a middle ground and let small stuff slide and some will pass you with 1 working headlight and somewhat inflated tires. In very small towns they will charge an extra 10 just to put a sticker on the window

3. Mar 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    It's not really about being "in the field of view." A 3 inch crack is going to significantly weaken your windshield, and one more rock flying up and hitting it may fully crack it and causing the tempered glass to spider, causing safety problems for both you and other drivers.

Matt

Products Discussed in

To Top