Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Virginia state inspection

Old 03-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Virginia state inspection

My tacoma has about a 3inch crack with a couple of smaller cracks coming from it in the top passenger side portion of my windshield. Completely out of my field of view.The inspector rejected it. I know what the law says about any crack longer than 1.5 inches etc but.....I have googled it and some have said their windshield passed because the crack was on the passenger side. I just can't believe they are being this petty...
Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
In my experience it all depends on the inspector. Some follow the rules exactly to cover their own ass. Some find a middle ground and let small stuff slide and some will pass you with 1 working headlight and somewhat inflated tires. In very small towns they will charge an extra 10 just to put a sticker on the window
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
It's not really about being "in the field of view." A 3 inch crack is going to significantly weaken your windshield, and one more rock flying up and hitting it may fully crack it and causing the tempered glass to spider, causing safety problems for both you and other drivers.

Matt