Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

SC June/ July camping trip to GA mountains.

View Poll Results: Who is coming?
Yes 7 38.89%
No 6 33.33%
Maybe 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #141
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
to carry in GA. they dont recognize ours since we wont recognize theirs...stupidity at it's finest.
Wow I never knew that.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #142
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
Wow I never knew that.
yep. SC will only recognize another state that has as much training as SC or more. GA has none, so it's a no go. they have reciprocity w/ anyone that will have it w/ them. REALLY stupid how things work. i keep the "legal heat" app handy...lol
Old 05-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #143
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just seems like an outdated thing if you ask me.

Lots of good info on the legal heat app!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #144

Alright so I figure we need a little updating.

-Final meetup before heading out will be at the Ingles in Blairsville. (Per Jerry's suggestion)
Fuel up and grab last minute food a what not there.

- gonna camp near/at coopers creek.

- wheeling tray mountain.

This will serve as a "base" plan.

As far as where people are traveling from maybe the charleston/ Columbia guys wanna meet up in columbia, then meet us upstate guys right off the toll road (I-185) my work/ gas station is a 2 miles down the road and I-85 is right there and we can make our trek south meet up with the anderson/ clemson guys then head west toward blairsville.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #145
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

-Final meetup before heading out will be at the Ingles in Blairsville. (Per Jerry's suggestion)
If we are gonna meet up there and any of you guys want to get some steaks let me know (i run the meat dpt. at that store) and i can hook you up with the good stuff I will let everyone know what we have a good deal on as soon as i know. Usually 2 weeks ahead of time
Old 05-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #146
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yep. SC will only recognize another state that has as much training as SC or more. GA has none, so it's a no go. they have reciprocity w/ anyone that will have it w/ them. REALLY stupid how things work. i keep the "legal heat" app handy...lol

Last I saw, SC would accept NC but NC won't accept SC. GA will accept mine as well. I just wasn't sure about the fact as to whether it is a national park or not. I know it is legal in national parks.

Where exactly are we going to be?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #147
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

- gonna camp near/at coopers creek.

- wheeling tray mountain.

This will serve as a "base" plan.

As far as where people are traveling from maybe the charleston/ Columbia guys wanna meet up in columbia, then meet us upstate guys right off the toll road (I-185) my work/ gas station is a 2 miles down the road and I-85 is right there and we can make our trek south meet up with the anderson/ clemson guys then head west toward blairsville.
meet up in Cola. I like it
looks like i need to get a new antenna ASAP!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #148
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
We plannin on runnin cb's? If so ill get mine hooked up for the trip
Old 05-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #149
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
would be the easiest way if we are doing a convoy
Old 05-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #150
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
would be the easiest way if we are doing a convoy
Yeah that is true. Yeah with like 8 or so of us that would make things easier
Old 05-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
If we are gonna meet up there and any of you guys want to get some steaks let me know (i run the meat dpt. at that store) and i can hook you up with the good stuff I will let everyone know what we have a good deal on as soon as i know. Usually 2 weeks ahead of time
I figured that was your store. You know I'll be down for dinner with the boys, in the kitchen tent. Haha I throw some cash your way in you wander handle the meat side of things. Oh yeah and throw me in some jerky. Or am I gonna have to wait until next deer season. Do you have your Cb hooked up yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
We plannin on runnin cb's? If so ill get mine hooked up for the trip
Oh yeah Cb is the way to go. Couple of us had em last time. Deff a the best form of communication between trucks. Need to get the swr dialed in on mine.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #152
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Ya i finaly got the cb hooked up but need to get it tuned so if anyone has a tuner please bring it!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #153
Yep

Got my cb hooked up today. Ended up just buyin a new one. The one that was in my garage is a 1983 model haha
Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #154
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTacoma View Post
Last I saw, SC would accept NC but NC won't accept SC. GA will accept mine as well. I just wasn't sure about the fact as to whether it is a national park or not. I know it is legal in national parks.

Where exactly are we going to be?
SC and NC have full reciprocity.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #155
I just looked it up and you are right. But, I guess you already knew that. Thanks Jamie.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #156
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
I just looked it up and you are right. But, I guess you already knew that. Thanks Jamie.
i'm carrying in NC every month on my SC permit. it pays for me to know...lol
Old 05-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #157
Where at in NC every month?
Old 05-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #158
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Where at in NC every month?
the great metropolis' of albemarle and new london.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #159
You at the 263rd?
Old 05-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #160
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
You at the 263rd?
Oui!