Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Raleigh, NC June 2013 Meetup

View Poll Results: Which weekend works for you?
June 1st 1 8.33%
June 8th 1 8.33%
June 15th 1 8.33%
June 22th 10 83.33%
June 29th 2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #22
esbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud of

Royal Canadian Mounted Police:
Name: B-Rad
esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
I for sure will be in town. Leaving Thursday and heading straight to Raleigh. If you lock something down let me know.

Brad
Old 06-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #23
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techoma View Post
I'll be camping at\in Falls Lake, so I'm down there that weekend. It'd be cool to meet a few guys from outside our very active area. I think only San Diego has more get togethers than us SE VA folks!
You guys are super active, I'm jealous and disappointed that this area is so inactive. It's not like we don't have enough members here. It's probably because we don't have enough lift
Old 06-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #24
arkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant future
Army: AH-64D Armament/Electrical/Avionics Systems Repairer
Name: James
arkansasman5's Tacoma Gallery
If we can't lock down a for sure mod/grill location, why don't we have a backup plan to grab a beer? If we wanna be more active, we gotta start somewhere.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:50 AM   #25
Safe Act is anything but!!!
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired CPO
Name: John
Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansasman5 View Post
If we can't lock down a for sure mod/grill location, why don't we have a backup plan to grab a beer? If we wanna be more active, we gotta start somewhere.
Agreed. It doesn't have to be an engine swap... Could be just a back of a way mart parking lot for an hour to start. Falls lake has big picnic areas but you gotta pay to get in.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #26
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How's this for a backup location, umstead park. It's free to get in, Lots of parking, picnic areas with grills, lake, hiking. Very light modding here, no engine swaps.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #27
RaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Jonathon
RaleighTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I talked to the boss and he came with a quick resounding NO considering we just had a truck trailer and 30k worth of equipment stolen!!! I think UMSTEAD would be a great place for everyone! Lets lock it in!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
RaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Jonathon
RaleighTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Not to Hijack this thread or anything but no one has posted in a while.
I know if no one sets exact plans no one will show soooo.....

Lets make this happen and call it umstead park at 11am on the 22nd.. By the time we are done looking at each others trucks it will be grillin time then very light mods. I will bring a tailgate gas grill so we dont have to screw with the charcoal ones. There will be plenty of parking there and shouldn't be to busy. We will meet on the hwy 70 entrance of umstead park and i have included a link to a map below.

http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/wium/directions.php

If you dont know where this is we can meet at my apartment complex at 10:50 am and convoy out there. That address is 9240 bruckhaus st raleigh nc. Its 10 minutes away.

If all else fails we will drink beer at the ale house which is 5 minutes away from umstead. No matter what or who comes i will be at umstead at 11am and we will do one or the other. Lets post up who can still come cause i know its changed.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #29
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighTaco View Post
Not to Hijack this thread or anything but no one has posted in a while.
I know if no one sets exact plans no one will show soooo.....

Lets make this happen and call it umstead park at 11am on the 22nd.. By the time we are done looking at each others trucks it will be grillin time then very light mods. I will bring a tailgate gas grill so we dont have to screw with the charcoal ones. There will be plenty of parking there and shouldn't be to busy. We will meet on the hwy 70 entrance of umstead park and i have included a link to a map below.

http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/wium/directions.php

If you dont know where this is we can meet at my apartment complex at 10:50 am and convoy out there. That address is 9240 bruckhaus st raleigh nc. Its 10 minutes away.

If all else fails we will drink beer at the ale house which is 5 minutes away from umstead. No matter what or who comes i will be at umstead at 11am and we will do one or the other. Lets post up who can still come cause i know its changed.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #30
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #33
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Joo coming?
Maybe, little under 2hr drive for me. How long you all planning on hanging around? Don't have anything to do on mine.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #34
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Maybe, little under 2hr drive for me. How long you all planning on hanging around? Don't have anything to do on mine.
I'll be out there for a while. You can camp if you don't have to be back to work.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #35

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
I'll be out there for a while. You can camp if you don't have to be back to work.
Yea thought about that too. Depends on wx, hate camping in the heat.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #36
LRGRNR

Quote:
Yea thought about that too. Depends on wx, hate camping in the heat.
Picked up this fan for this past weekends camping/hiking trip, O2 Cool 1092. It worked great, I had my portable jumper box with me so I used that!

Old 06-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #38

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Anywhere nearby to wheel?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #39
LRGRNR

Quote:
Anywhere nearby to wheel?
Uwharrie and Boone.. So no :-(