Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Oliver's Drive Shaft - Winston-Salem NC

Old 05-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Oliver's Drive Shaft - Winston-Salem NC

Felt the need to put this up all over the web. I'm going to start here and put it a few other places as well.

The short version: Give these guys your business. They are an absolute stand-up shop and do great work.

The long version is a bit more complex, but I feel like full disclosure is warranted. This past Monday I dropped off both my stock driveshaft and a spare one-piece driveshaft for work at Oliver's. The stock driveshaft had had the rear section twist-tied on a rock and needed to be re-tubed, and the one-piece had dead u-joints which needed to be replaced. In talking with Dave, I also decided to upgrade from Tom Woods shitty chinese u-joints to some quality Japanese-made Spicer stuff in the one-piece unit.

The plan was, since I would be back in the Winston area rock climbing on Wednesday and pick the shafts up near the end of the day.

Fast forward to 4:15 yesterday. I arrive to pick up the shafts. The one piece is ready, but we run into some kinks with the factory two-piece. During balance, it turns out that the re-tube was completed two inches too short. Dave and I had also miscommunicated and the u-joints on the stock two-piece had been replaced, which I did not need.

Without getting into too much detail, the bottom line is they made it righter than they had to. The entire job was free, and Oliver's is shipping me the two-piece when it's ready on their dime. Despite two attempts to call Dave and let me at least give him some payment for the work I wanted done, or his time, he has declined, steadfastly stating that if they hadn't made the mistake in the first place, there would've been no issue.

Businesses with this kind of integrity are rare, especially in today's economy. I still feel it would be perfectly fair to pay them something for the excellent work they did on the one-piece shaft and at least the re-tube I originally wanted on the two piece. Sometimes things just happen; that doesn't change the fact they're doing fantastic work, using excellent business practices, and quoted me extremely fair prices.

So, if you need driveshaft work done, please make them the first place you call. I couldn't care less that things didn't go perfectly - how a shop handles the aftermath is what really matters, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm beyond impressed.

Dr. Jan Drews approved: http://www.oliversdriveshaft.com/
Old 05-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
You should send them a check without a return address or something like that
Old 05-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
That may yet happen.