Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

JULY 19-20 Meadow Knob/Flagpole WHEELING meet

Old 06-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #41
wrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to behold

wrestler157's Tacoma Gallery
I'll post over on a fb group I'm in for 4runners and on 4runner forum
Old 06-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #42
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler157 View Post
Right on!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #43
02running is on a distinguished road
Name: sean
02running's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler157 View Post
you got my attention

put me down as a maybe for the 1st convoy.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #44
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02running View Post
you got my attention

put me down as a maybe for the 1st convoy.
Got ya on the list. Where are you coming from?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Got ya on the list. Where are you coming from?
chesterfield
Old 06-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #46
wrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to behold

wrestler157's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to add that I won't be camping Friday night but will Saturday. I get off work at midnight so If anyone wants to convoy up from hampton roads Saturday early morning let me know
Old 06-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #47
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
In.

Convoy #2
Old 06-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
In.

Convoy #2

Got you on the list now.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #49
How capable would a j**p friend of mine be if he tagged along. he has a 2inch lift with 31inch at tires? he would be in convoy one with me.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #50

Quote:
How capable would a j**p friend of mine be if he tagged along. he has a 2inch lift with 31inch at tires? he would be in convoy one with me.
He would be fine. I had a friend go up there with me in a stock rubicon but he did have goodyear duratracs. they seemed to help out quite a bit from what he said. There was a point in the trail where we had to stack rocks in a certain line so he didnt rub the differential or axle. He made it fine though.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #51
Quote:
He would be fine. I had a friend go up there with me in a stock rubicon but he did have goodyear duratracs. they seemed to help out quite a bit from what he said. There was a point in the trail where we had to stack rocks in a certain line so he didnt rub the differential or axle. He made it fine though.
ok well ill still have to talk to him. you can change me to a yes i will be there and in convoy one looking forward to it.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #52

Quote:
ok well ill still have to talk to him. you can change me to a yes i will be there and in convoy one looking forward to it.
Will do broseph
Old 06-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #53
FatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
FatTiresRollin's Tacoma Gallery
This is just close enough for me to consider. I don't want to drive for 2+ hours for a dirt road....but then again I want to be able to drive home too! How do you think a 2011 SR5 4Runner with 33" Duratracs and a about 2.5" of lift from Bilstein 5100s with stock springs and a Daystar spacer for the rear lift? Oh..no sliders, no armor and I have nfab steps. Could I hang with the first convoy? New to wheeling, but I know the rig is very capable. I am anxious to get off the pavement, but this is my DD and family SUV...
Old 06-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTiresRollin View Post
This is just close enough for me to consider. I don't want to drive for 2+ hours for a dirt road....but then again I want to be able to drive home too! How do you think a 2011 SR5 4Runner with 33" Duratracs and a about 2.5" of lift from Bilstein 5100s with stock springs and a Daystar spacer for the rear lift? Oh..no sliders, no armor and I have nfab steps. Could I hang with the first convoy? New to wheeling, but I know the rig is very capable. I am anxious to get off the pavement, but this is my DD and family SUV...
You will be fine with that setup and anyone is welcome. Your DD will be fine. My truck is also my DD so I dont get to crazy with it. The trail is narrow in some sections and the guys wanting to test their limits will do obstacles off course. Would love to see some 4 runners out there. Let me know if you want to put me down. Did you take a look at the video in the first page of the thread? Gives you an idea of the trails and some off course obstacles.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #55
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #56
FatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You will be fine with that setup and anyone is welcome. Your DD will be fine. My truck is also my DD so I dont get to crazy with it. The trail is narrow in some sections and the guys wanting to test their limits will do obstacles off course. Would love to see some 4 runners out there. Let me know if you want to put me down. Did you take a look at the video in the first page of the thread? Gives you an idea of the trails and some off course obstacles.
I have watched the video....a few times. Based on the fact that I it looks like a couple stock or mostly stock trailblazers made it through, I am confident that my rig could handle it.

Based on the time frame that it will take to do the trail, is it feasible to make this a day trip from Roanoke (2 hour drive..or less)? Not sure if the "boss" will condone a night away from home just yet with a newborn and a 3 year old raising Havoc at home....Especially since I will be on a 3 day camping trip to "the cove" the first weekend in October with the T4r.org 5th gen crew.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #57

Quote:
I have watched the video....a few times. Based on the fact that I it looks like a couple stock or mostly stock trailblazers made it through, I am confident that my rig could handle it.

Based on the time frame that it will take to do the trail, is it feasible to make this a day trip from Roanoke (2 hour drive..or less)? Not sure if the "boss" will condone a night away from home just yet with a newborn and a 3 year old raising Havoc at home....Especially since I will be on a 3 day camping trip to "the cove" the first weekend in October with the T4r.org 5th gen crew.
You will have no trouble. This trip is very easy to do in a day considering it only takes about 2hrs to get through it all. I have a lake house at smith mountain lake and it only takes me about 2 hrs from there to here in harrisonburg va. Let me know if your gonna come
Old 06-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #58

Probably won't be able to confirm my attendance until about a week out. I will let you know as soon as I can commit. I appreciate the invite and responses from you, looking forward to getting off the pavement!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #59

Quote:
Probably won't be able to confirm my attendance until about a week out. I will let you know as soon as I can commit. I appreciate the invite and responses from you, looking forward to getting off the pavement!
Sure thing man! Look foward to seeing some other rigs out there along with some good times camping and hanging out with wheeling friends. I adopted a boxer so she is coming to.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #60
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
I'll come along. The puppy dog will enjoy some camping.

Haven't decided on which trail. The one from the video looks like a lot of the hunting trails I travel.

But I am stock right now and only adding firestone destination A/Ts soon.