Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

JULY 19-20 Meadow Knob/Flagpole WHEELING meet

Old 05-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
JULY 19-20 Meadow Knob/Flagpole WHEELING meet

Hello everyone! I would like to get another meet to flagpole/meadow knob again and I have found a pretty challenging trail to take. I have ran 4 different trails and this one is the money! I would like to get together with everyone and see all the work everyone has been doing to their trucks since the last meet. Looking foward to this one and no snow this time for sure...

There will be 2 convoys for 2 differnet trails

CB CHANNEL WILL BE 25

1st convoy

The first convoy will meet at the sheets off of exit 247B in the morning july 20th around 9:30. This is the last gas station before you hit the trail so gas up and the plan is to leave by 10. The first convoy will do a challenging 8 mile trail with a few obstacles in the path of the trail. 4x4 only for this trail. This trail has some challenging uphill rock obstacles and the trail is about as narrow as shoe creek so some limb rubbing may occur. Once we are done wheeling we can camp in a nice little camping spot I found when I was up there that isnt on top of the mountain

Address for the sheetz we will be meeting at
798 E Market St
Harrisonburg

Directions for 1st convoy to the trail

Take Exit 247B on 81 (harrisonburg/rt 33)..
Take Rt33 west....9.27 miles to Clover Hill Rd
Left on Clover Hill Rd
2 miles....Right on Union Springs Rd
1.30 miles...Left @ Stop Sign (still on union springs rd)
.66 miles....Right @ Stop Sign at bottom of the hill (still on Union springs rd)
Road turns to gravel and you will begin the Meadow Knob/Flagpole Knob run....
4.0 miles Airdown/Disconnect spot, shale hill on the left (OFF LIMITS!!!)
3.9 miles Right turn
1.2 miles Left turn by the tree
.1 miles Mud Flats
.3 miles Stair Steps (trail splits...rocky steps on left, muddy easy trail on right, meets up at bottom of the hill)
.3 miles Hill Climb (rocks to climb over at the top, getting similar to stair steps)
1.6 miles Meadow Knob
1.8 miles Flagpole

2nd convoy ( for those interested in some lighter wheeling)

The second convoy will meet at 257 grocery in dayton, Va. This is also a gas station and the only stop for gas on the trip so gas up if you are running low. The plan is to meet on July 20th at 10:30 and leave by 11 once everyone has arrived. Everyone then will head up to Flagpole knob and have some fun on the trails along the way. (Prerunner friendly as long as no rain) The trail to flagpole knob is about 3 miles once you get to the fire road. This is for some beginner/ mild off roading and many obstacles are off course along the way. Everyone will meet up at flagpole knob and set up for camp and hang out that night. Then wake up the next morning and do some more off roading or head home.

Address for first convoy ( The shorter trail is 3.4 miles to flagpole)
6939 Briery Branch Rd,
Dayton, VA 22821

WHO IS IN?
1. MATTMXRACER 1ST CONVOY
2.DSULLY (MAYBE) 2ND CONVOY (OUT)
3. Wrestler157 1st convoy
4.HUNTR65 1st CONVOY
5. CKEENE(1st COVOY
6. ONELOWTON 1st CONVOY
7. USNAVYCOLORADOOWNER (maybe) 1st convoy
8. STEVEN (maybe) 1st convoy
9. 02running 1ST CONVOY
10. QUAKER 2ND CONVOY
11. GWAY 1ST CONVOY
12. few from here http://www.virginiakrawlers.com/
13. few others from here http://www.355nation.net/forum/east/...ling-meet.html
14. FROGSAUCE 1ST CONVOY
15. STANDREW 1ST CONVOY (OUT)
16. NOWAYOUT 1ST CONVOY
17. ENDERS TACO 1ST CONVOY
18.FJFAR80 1ST CONVOY

(If anyone would like to camp on friday night then let me know if you are interested and I will let you all know a place we can set up before we go wheeling the next day)

More info to come

MAP of area we are going to, we are not taking the highlighted route for the 1st convoy, its labeled union springs run on the map which runs in the middle of the highlighted routes

Let me know who is interested and I will start the list on this first page of the thread

A really good video of the 1st convoy and what it has to offer
http://youtu.be/gYB027Y-r4Y

Click for full-size image (1231 x 949)

Old 05-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
I'll say maybe to going on the easy trails... Dont know if I want to beat up my daily driver too much before I have another vehicle. If I go, I'll be wanting to camp. Another factor, are there any sketchy cliffs out at the easy trails? As we all know, I kinda have a bad experience with cliffs... lol. And last thing, I don't think you meant to put May 11th under the 2nd convoy.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Very interested in attending. Would be coming from Ohio. Shorter travel to this destination than it was to Rausch Creek in PA. Light trails for my Mid-Traveled 5 lug.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
I'll say maybe to going on the easy trails... Dont know if I want to beat up my daily driver too much before I have another vehicle. If I go, I'll be wanting to camp. Another factor, are there any sketchy cliffs out at the easy trails? As we all know, I kinda have a bad experience with cliffs... lol. And last thing, I don't think you meant to put May 11th under the 2nd convoy.
There are sketchy cliffs but nothing a 2wd cant handle on the shorter trail. Just steep drop offs but there will be no snow so you will be fine man
Old 05-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
How difficult would the first convoy be? Like doable with 33's and 4x4 with open diffs. Or like fill armor, locked front and rear kinda stuff.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
How difficult would the first convoy be? Like doable with 33's and 4x4 with open diffs. Or like fill armor, locked front and rear kinda stuff.
you will be fine with 33s and open diffs no problem, depending on which line you take through the 1st convoy skids would be good to have but rubbage can be avoided with the right line. Some of the obstacles off the course will deffinately need armour
Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #7
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just a little skeptical about cliffs... But ill highly consider. I want a good camping trip. And I do love a little light wheeling
Old 05-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Just a little skeptical about cliffs... But ill highly consider. I want a good camping trip. And I do love a little light wheeling
I have seen many prerunners take that way with no issue and the cliffs are no big deal. Just a steep drop off to look down
Old 05-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #9
samer312 will become famous soon enough
Name: Sam
samer312's Tacoma Gallery
Interested
-would a stock prerunner be ok for the 2nd convoy?
Old 05-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by samer312 View Post
Interested
-would a stock prerunner be ok for the 2nd convoy?
No problem at all but stay on the trail because there are some obstacles you can get stuck in
Old 05-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #11

Thanks, well I'm a maybe. If I don't have anything major to do for school that weekend, and i can take off work, I may come out
Old 05-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks, well I'm a maybe. If I don't have anything major to do for school that weekend, and i can take off work, I may come out
Sounds good man, tell everyone you know about it. Wanna do a big meet out there
Old 05-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
wrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to behold

wrestler157's Tacoma Gallery
Should be able to make it if work isn't busy. Hopefully have my new tires by then too
Old 05-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #14

how rough are the easy trails compared to shoe creek? I'm not expecting a smooth road, but I dont want to beat up my daily driver too much
Old 05-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #15

Quote:
how rough are the easy trails compared to shoe creek? I'm not expecting a smooth road, but I dont want to beat up my daily driver too much
You will not beat up your daily driver on the trail you are taking, its very open and easy to do, some big ruts and obstacles along the way but they can be avoided
Old 05-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #16

cool thanks. thats pretty reassuring. Only thing i see getting in the way is the week following that weekend is my summer classes exam week...
Old 05-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #17

Quote:
cool thanks. thats pretty reassuring. Only thing i see getting in the way is the week following that weekend is my summer classes exam week...
bring your books and study on the mountain
Old 05-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #18

haha tempting... tempting...
Old 05-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #19
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Wish the drive up there wasn't so loooong. 6.5 hours for me. Still debating.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
Wish the drive up there wasn't so loooong. 6.5 hours for me. Still debating.
I used to live in spartanburg and it takes me about 5 and a half from there