September 6 30.00%
October 14 70.00%
Harlan 11 55.00%
Windrock 10 50.00%
Other date and Location(post when and where) 1 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
Sept or Oct - Harlan, KY or Windrock(coal creek) TN

Anyone who made it to our last Land Between the Lakes run in March knows how much fun it was. Let's do it again but we have to figure out where and when.

Sept or Oct.
Harlan or Windrock.

I was thinking 2nd weekend in Sept(13, 14, 15), or 2nd weekend in Oct(11, 12, 13).

Harlan and Windrock offer close to the same terrain. I've ran them both and personally love them both. Trail difficulty for everyone.

Any other suggestions? When we figure something out, i'll start a new thread dedicated to it.

VOTE!!!

(for Gid)
VOTING ENDS JULY 6TH
Old 06-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well dangit danny! guess we'll have to make it sept!

i've been to both. whoever said that about windrock i'm assuming didn't really wheel the trails much. they both offer mild - extreme. same type of terrain too.

for LBL i personally thought it was way too easy and they don't offer any variety.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
bonafide

changed! flex on that ish.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
bonafide

windrock is more organized for that. their campsites/cabins are all pretty nice. harlan is kinda a big open parking lot unless you camp off the park, which is what levi and all of us did a few weeks back.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
windrock is more organized for that. their campsites/cabins are all pretty nice. harlan is kinda a big open parking lot unless you camp off the park, which is what levi and all of us did a few weeks back.
that didnt help my decision none! haha for instance at LBL we camped in the woods, by ourselves, and could party as much as we want. Which park can that happen at?? Im not much for camping in my "spot" and keeping my voice down because the family 10' from me is trying to sleep at 10:00
Old 06-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
bonafide

well neither unless we camped in the mountains at harlan.
at windrock "quiet time" is 11pm unless you're at the pavilion but i think that has to be rented out.. which i mean if we got a for sure big group that would be something we could do? but i think it'd be a waste if there wasn't a TON of us.
we're going to make this better than LBL.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #11
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
well neither unless we camped in the mountains at harlan.
at windrock "quiet time" is 11pm unless you're at the pavilion but i think that has to be rented out.. which i mean if we got a for sure big group that would be something we could do? but i think it'd be a waste if there wasn't a TON of us.
we're going to make this better than LBL.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I just need some good camping. 2-3 in the morning camp fires are a must
Old 06-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #12
lowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Papa Kurt
lowinhz's Tacoma Gallery
I think Harlan was good but not for all trucks hast to be a 4x4 only. I have never been to Windrock but hear it is geared to buggies a lot. I vote Harlan just because I have been there already and stayed in a big field by ourselves and stayed up till wee hours just shooting the shot. No one was around the trails where more difficult than LBL so that would mean no 2x4 trucks. I did most of the easy stuff there in a stock 4x4 off road. I vote Harlan
Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowinhz View Post
I think Harlan was good but not for all trucks hast to be a 4x4 only. I have never been to Windrock but hear it is geared to buggies a lot. I vote Harlan just because I have been there already and stayed in a big field by ourselves and stayed up till wee hours just shooting the shot. No one was around the trails where more difficult than LBL so that would mean no 2x4 trucks. I did most of the easy stuff there in a stock 4x4 off road. I vote Harlan
I'm stickin with papa
Old 06-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #15
SilMonDrop is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Doug
SilMonDrop's Tacoma Gallery
I have not been to any of the places you have mentioned yet. I have seen Wooly's Off Road Park on the tv show trucks. Looks decent. They did testing on the Taco they are building there. Could be an option a well. Close to Nashville.

http://www.woolysoffroad.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wooly...=photos_stream
Old 06-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #16
thegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Danny
thegreatwall23's Tacoma Gallery
Woolys sounds cool... I know they stay pretty busy though, so the camping might be tough. Just from all the pictures I have seen and stories I heard, I would vote lbl... But I know everyone else has been there, done that. But it would accommodate everyone better, centrally located, good camping, will be beautiful that time of year, and allow the 2x4 trucks to go. I should be a salesman! Lol...
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #17
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatwall23 View Post
Woolys sounds cool... I know they stay pretty busy though, so the camping might be tough. Just from all the pictures I have seen and stories I heard, I would vote lbl... But I know everyone else has been there, done that. But it would accommodate everyone better, centrally located, good camping, will be beautiful that time of year, and allow the 2x4 trucks to go. I should be a salesman! Lol...
Well like Cody said, LBL is not that challenging. There was some stuff that looked hard but it was all like, I don't give a fuck what my truck looks like and I need 44s and built axles. Although it was AWESOME camping and trail riding. Def a great place for a meet but not so much for any hardcore stuff. I would love to go back and yeah it would be gorgeous there as well. I don't really care honestly. It's all about the journey on a big meet like this
Old 06-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #18
bonafide

all the locals say woolys is either incredibly muddy or rutted out. not a good place for a meet. where did you stay at harlan, kurt?
when all of us went a few weeks ago we camped a few mountains over which was a 20 min drive. our camping spot was 100% primitive and we're usually the only ones atop the mountain. it's secluded - we left camp set up and went to the park. it's been our camping spot for almost 20 years now. AND we can do night rides
Old 06-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #19
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
all the locals say woolys is either incredibly muddy or rutted out. not a good place for a meet. where did you stay at harlan, kurt?
when all of us went a few weeks ago we camped a few mountains over which was a 20 min drive. our camping spot was 100% primitive and we're usually the only ones atop the mountain. it's secluded - we left camp set up and went to the park. it's been our camping spot for almost 20 years now. AND we can do night rides
Mmmmmmmmmmmm night riiiiiiiiides!! Me likely!!!