Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

TW Harlan, KY Meet in Oct

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
TW Harlan, KY Meet in Oct

The votes were taken, and the next meet for the TN/KY chapter is in Harlan County, Kentucky the second weekend in Oct(11, 12, 13). I should note that like last trip, a few of us may go down the Wed or Thurs(9, 10) prior to the meet.

Yearly harlan permit: $35
31 Day harlan permi: $20

It's a dry county. If you want alcohol, bring or get it before entering harlan.
Night riding is permitted.
Trail heads are in Putney and Evarts. There is an on-site camp area on the park. you can also rent cabins right outside the entrance. here's a list of all the places to stay:
http://www.harlancountytrails.com/lodging.php

we can also do completely primitive camping and camp a few mountains away(about a 30 min drive) which is no cost and 100% away from everyone and everything. if there is an interest in this, let me know and we can discuss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT List:
sk8rjess(Cody). Confirmed not going
steve o 77(Steven)
lowinhz(Kurt) going
allmotorrex(Gid)going
Robertocritser(Levi)going
mossytaco(Jeremy)not going
drunktaco(Sage)
taco47001(Lonny)
Quaker(Chris)going
HomerTaco(Craig)
SilMonDrop(Doug)not going
redtacoma88(John Austin)
NewLife(Adam)
toy44runner(Cooper)going
1911(Jerry)
Millertime187(David)
TRD 4x4(Reed)

OLD List:
sk8rjess(Cody)
steve o 77(Steven)
lowinhz(Kurt)
allmotorrex(Gid)
Robertocritser(Levi)
mossytaco(Jeremy)
drunktaco(Sage)
taco47001(Lonny)
Quaker(Chris)
HomerTaco(Craig)
SilMonDrop(Doug)
redtacoma88(John Austin)
NewLife(Adam)
toy44runner(Cooper)
1911(Jerry)
Millertime187(David)
TRD 4x4(John)
Tornadolax11(Reed)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Our last official TN/KY meet was in March at Land Between the Lakes(Turkey Bay OHV). the turnout was great, we had a great group, and a ton of fun.

Everyone is welcome! Toyotas, Jeeps, Ferraris. Stock, or fully built. Even if you don't wheel it's going to be great fellowship and you can always ride with someone else.

full pics from last meet: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...cs-videos.html

Harlan offers a variety of trails for stock vehicles all the way up to fully built rock buggies, so don't use the "oh i'm only stock i can't come" excuse. There will likely also be a few quads.

a few from harlan about a month ago:

Old 07-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in for now. I probably won't be able to get in till late friday afternoon since it's a 5.5 hour drive for me.

Edit: It'll just be me for now, unless I can pick up a sugar mamma that likes to wheel by then

I'll have a 60" hi lift, snatch strap, some tools, and hopefully an extra CV, TRE, and LBJ by then just in case.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Count me in for now. I probably won't be able to get in till late friday afternoon since it's a 5.5 hour drive for me.

Edit: It'll just be me for now, unless I can pick up a sugar mamma that likes to wheel by then

I'll have a 60" hi lift, snatch strap, some tools, and hopefully an extra CV, TRE, and LBJ by then just in case.
lol you got it. it's the same drive for me too, and some of the guys will be coming from Memphis so they have it worse!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool. Also this might be a stupid question but how do the permits work out there? Can you pick them up on site or is it a call in ahead of time type deal?
Old 07-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
lowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Papa Kurt
lowinhz's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down. I have that week off already. I will be pulling the camper up there and staying on the trail up from the cabins in the big open field. I have between now and then to score a small quiet generator. I did this place in a stock off road and had a blast. I think a common camp ground like the last meet would be best to keep the comrodery. We can break in to groups of " hard core to the right" and "easier follow me" for the trail usage.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
bonafide

Quote:
Cool. Also this might be a stupid question but how do the permits work out there? Can you pick them up on site or is it a call in ahead of time type deal?
i'm sure you could call ahead if you wanted, though i wouldn't see a need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowinhz View Post
Put me down. I have that week off already. I will be pulling the camper up there and staying on the trail up from the cabins in the big open field. I have between now and then to score a small quiet generator. I did this place in a stock off road and had a blast. I think a common camp ground like the last meet would be best to keep the comrodery. We can break in to groups of " hard core to the right" and "easier follow me" for the trail usage.
agreed on us all camping together again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
I'll be there Thursday night. 8 hr drive for me so no bitchin from nobody else
i'll get you and kurt added!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
i'm sure you could call ahead if you wanted, though i wouldn't see a need.

agreed on us all camping together again.

i'll get you and kurt added!
cool, and thirded on camping together
Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
braaap

So just to kind of introduce myself in case anyone cares, my name is Steve obviously, I'm from Albuquerque NM but moved to Ohio a month ago for work. I don't think I'm a DB and I like to party

Looking forward to wheeling with you guys.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #11
bonafide

Steve, sounds like you'll fit right in It's going to be great meet, glad you're going to join!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
mossytaco is a glorious beacon of lightmossytaco is a glorious beacon of lightmossytaco is a glorious beacon of lightmossytaco is a glorious beacon of lightmossytaco is a glorious beacon of lightmossytaco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
mossytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down. Not sure what days ill be there or any of that good stuff. All depends on our baby sitting situation lol. Ill more than likely camp or rent a cabin on the Putney side depending on the weather.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
lowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Papa Kurt
lowinhz's Tacoma Gallery

I stayed in the big open area just south of Putney last time. It looks like Evarts has regular campgrounds but to be isolated by ourselves and have a large enough area we can all park at would me non standard campgrounds. The access rd to the field is 2x4 friendly so people can still get to the meetup and set camp up and then ride with someone on the harder trails. Got to make this for everybody for the meet and go from there.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #14
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So just to kind of introduce myself in case anyone cares, my name is Steve obviously, I'm from Albuquerque NM but moved to Ohio a month ago for work. I don't think I'm a DB and I like to party

Looking forward to wheeling with you guys.
Uh oh. We got a westerner. U know what they say about westerners? ...........
Old 07-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
braaap

Quote:
Uh oh. We got a westerner. U know what they say about westerners? ...........
Steers and queers?

haha
Old 07-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #16
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Steers and queers?

haha
He don't look much like a steer to me

I'll be there add me to the list!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
bonafide

never been in through the putney side.

Jeremy your SAS going to be done in time?

Drunk i'll add ya... what's your name dudeeee!?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
braaap

Quote:
Hell idk. That's why I asked u. Haha
You can't answer a question with a question. Wtf!!
lol.

Well I sure aint from Texas!

NM > Texas
Old 07-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #20
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
never been in through the putney side.

Jeremy your SAS going to be done in time?

Drunk i'll add ya... what's your name dudeeee!?
My name is Sage

Products Discussed in this Thread