Notices

Shoe Creek, VA Fall 2013

View Poll Results: Which Date?
September 21st 1 16.67%
October 12th 3 50.00%
October 19th 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Shoe Creek, VA Fall 2013

Looks like 12 October is when we'll be heading up there. I'll be rolling in after work on the 11th and as of right now leaving on the morning of the 13th.

Here's the trailhead address:
2097 Perkins Mill RD
Roseland, VA 22967

And the gas station address for any meet-ups we need to do.
1495 North Amherst Highway
Amherst, VA 24521
Old 08-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
rbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Retired MMCS/SS
Name: Randy
rbraddock's Tacoma Gallery
Any of those dates work for me.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
Edit: Oct. 12th works best for me.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
JohnnyG123 is on a distinguished road
Navy: CVN65 REA/RL
Name: John
JohnnyG123's Tacoma Gallery
i'm down for the 21st
Old 08-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Well we've been throwing around dates for meeting up for some wheeling and camping at Shoe Creek this fall. Let's pick a date and get something going. I'm planning on rolling in Friday evening after work, wheel Saturday, and maybe camp Saturday night.

These dates work for me:
Sept. 21st
Oct. 12th and 19th

Let's see what works for everyone else.
sept 21st or oct 12th work for me broseph
Old 08-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #7
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna head up there this weekend but it looks like one of the October dates works well.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #8
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm gonna head up there this weekend but it looks like one of the October dates works well.
might see you there. we camping and hiking crab tree falls this weekend
Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #9

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
might see you there. we camping and hiking crab tree falls this weekend
I'm gonna roll in Friday night after work and either hike Crab Tree or The Priest on Saturday.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
rbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I'm gonna roll in Friday night after work and either hike Crab Tree or The Priest on Saturday.
May see you up there! Taking the wife out Friday afternoon, camp over night, and then head back Saturday afternoon for the M&G at Quaker State.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #11

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbraddock View Post
May see you up there! Taking the wife out Friday afternoon, camp over night, and then head back Saturday afternoon for the M&G at Quaker State.
You camping on Shoe Creek trail? If so, I'll keep an eye out when I roll through.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #12

I will be camping on shoe creek trail. ONly been there once and everything was covered in snow
Old 08-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #13

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I will be camping on shoe creek trail. ONly been there once and everything was covered in snow
Same here. I know there's a nice camp spot a little ways after the first or second creek crossing that butts up to the creek.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I'm game for anything but the weekend of Oct 13th.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #15
Red face

Quote:
Same here. I know there's a nice camp spot a little ways after the first or second creek crossing that butts up to the creek.
Haven't been up there before so I will just see what looks good. Linwood mentioned same spot so I hope I find it.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #16

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbraddock View Post
Haven't been up there before so I will just see what looks good. Linwood mentioned same spot so I hope I find it.
If it's the same one I'm thinking of it's up a steep climb and will be on the left hand side. I'll keep an eye out for you, probably won't be rolling through there until after 2000.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #17

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Well I'm gonna go up on 12 Oct, want to space it out from Matt's meet up at the Toyota dealership.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #18

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Out on this weekend, got told we are working Saturday
Old 08-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #19
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
So Oct. 12th it is. I will do my best to be there
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma89 View Post
So Oct. 12th it is. I will do my best to be there
The chili cook off is that weekend in woodstock. I wont be able to make that.