Notices

Raleigh North Carolina and surrounding areas

Old 09-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #1201
mrbedgood is on a distinguished road
Army: XO B Co, 1-252 CAB
Name: Ryan
mrbedgood's Tacoma Gallery
Things Done

Last Friday I was finally able to install a few new goodies I had setting around the house. Bought a CREE 20" LED light (from mikevee), a fuse box, a breaker, and a custom fuse panel mounting plate made by Yotamac.

Still to come and still working on at home, is a new grill, raptor style. Bought the mesh from Homertaco a few months back, just taking me some time.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #1202
I also need your thoughts guys!

BHLM or buy black housing aftermarket headlights?

I've seen how to do the mod but i'm still a little nervouse about it and the whole taking apart my stock lights.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #1203
RaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Jonathon
RaleighTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbedgood View Post
Last Friday I was finally able to install a few new goodies I had setting around the house. Bought a CREE 20" LED light (from mikevee), a fuse box, a breaker, and a custom fuse panel mounting plate made by Yotamac.

Still to come and still working on at home, is a new grill, raptor style. Bought the mesh from Homertaco a few months back, just taking me some time.
I really need to do the whole fuse box deal lol
you open my hood and it feels like you just walled into auto zones wiring department haha
Old 09-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #1204
Nothing Witty To Say
voz is on a distinguished road

voz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighTaco View Post
I really need to do the whole fuse box deal lol
you open my hood and it feels like you just walled into auto zones wiring department haha
As do I, I'm searching for those parts..
found fuse box for 36.00, My cheap ass looking for it a little cheaper...
Old 09-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #1205
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by voz View Post
As do I, I'm searching for those parts..
found fuse box for 36.00, My cheap ass looking for it a little cheaper...
Y'all need to fire your wiring guy
check out skygear boxes, they are waterproof with relays. They're not cheap though.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=336590
Old 09-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
check out skygear boxes, they are waterproof with relays. They're not cheap though.

I looked at these and was interested, but i got the fuse box, breaker and plate for just over $100. I like the way it turned out, plus mine is water proof as well, not a good, but water proof.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #1207
RaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant future

Quote:

HAHA i was gonna put something in there about how great my wiring guy was as a disclaimer to my previous statement but i didnt want his head to explode!!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #1208
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
HAHA i was gonna put something in there about how great my wiring guy was as a disclaimer to my previous statement but i didnt want his head to explode!!
It's big enough anyway.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #1209
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hundreds cheaper than S-Pod and you get it wired anyway you want ready to mount up and pull a harness through the firewall.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #1210
Nothing Witty To Say
voz is on a distinguished road

voz's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:

Sandman,
I was looking at the above link,
But I'm not that smart,
5 relay 10 fuse box, is the one I am looking at.
What other options I need for my set up.
I will probably add a light bar similar to RaleighTaco.

What do I need to get?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #1211
LRGRNR

Quote:
Sandman,
But I'm not that smart,

What do I need to get?
If you want everything to turn on seperately you need a relay for each item. Think ahead too, winch, bed/under hood lighting, ejector seat, air compressor. I wouldn't go as far as getting the circuit breakers, fuses will be fine for lighting. It might be a little overkill for a 2wd, but it's a clean setup!
A 6 circuit Blue Seas box would suffice. Actually those leds together don't pull that much amperage, we could probably put them all on a 10-20 amp fuse.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #1212

Quote:
Sandman,
But I'm not that smart,

What do I need to get?
Exactly how i feel when i see anything wiring....i know i need one but i have no clue what the f*** it does but i know i need one
Old 09-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #1213
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbedgood View Post

Careful with the clearance with that mesh - I've heard of a few folks having issues with the space needed to mount the light bars behind that style mesh.
Essentially a raptor has less clearance behind it than a stock grill.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #1214
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sandman,
But I'm not that smart,

What do I need to get?
Quote:
If you want everything to turn on seperately you need a relay for each item. Think ahead too, winch, bed/under hood lighting, ejector seat, air compressor. I wouldn't go as far as getting the circuit breakers, fuses will be fine for lighting. It might be a little overkill for a 2wd, but it's a clean setup!
A 6 circuit Blue Seas box would suffice. Actually those leds together don't pull that much amperage, we could probably put them all on a 10-20 amp fuse.
Quote:
Exactly how i feel when i see anything wiring....i know i need one but i have no clue what the f*** it does but i know i need one
Remember, I'll install for free. Can do the complete build on site too.

If you do a blue sea, put it under the dash like they were built for. Plenty of room there for them.

Can do a wiring party. Recently, I got the wiring and fabricating of a mount down to ~2 hours. Just installed 2 today.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #1215
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Sandman, when are you going to be local again?
Old 09-03-2014, 05:24 AM   #1216
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Sandman, when are you going to be local again?
Mid October, we haven't picked an exact time frame yet.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #1217
LRGRNR

Y'all need to take off work, or at least take a half day next Friday. We're meeting Eddy and the Nam guys in Carthage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gathaway View Post
Looks like eddy will get in around 1330 to pik n pig. If we meet around noon we can meet him at the restaurant. That is of ppl can get out of work early
Old 09-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #1219
Idaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud of
Army:
Idaho's Tacoma Gallery
Still looking for some OME suspension in the area if anyone knows of any for sale!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #1220
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
Still looking for some OME suspension in the area if anyone knows of any for sale!

Dunno if you want used OME's Mall crawlers don't like em mutch cuz they aren't tall enough. Those who have them beat them up pretty good. Save your $ and buy it new, they are really reasonable. I think Paulo said he had a good deal, and Sandman just had an awesome warranty experience.

I bought used Icons from NJ. Take it from me, don't buy anything north of the salt belt. The corrosion on em is just scary.