Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Places to wheel and camp near upstate SC

Old 09-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
SCyoter is on a distinguished road
SCyoter's Tacoma Gallery
Places to wheel and camp near upstate SC

Hey guys,

Lurked on here for a few months now and decided to register so I could get y'alls opinion on this.

Like the title says, I'm looking for a good place to wheel/camp for a night or two near Greenville, SC. The closer the better, but I'm willing to drive around 2 hrs or so for a good spot!

I've seen a few threads where y'all had met up and done this somewhere in GA I think, but it didn't have any directions to the place. Preferably I would like to go somewhere that was pretty easily accessible and doesn't have a lot of major obstacles (my buddy has a pre-runner and he wants to drive it as well.) So, forestry roads or something like that is kind of what I'm looking for.

I'm open to suggestions and I appreciate eveyones input in advance! If anyone else is interested in coming along, the more the merrier
Old 09-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Even Firemen Need Heroes...
ClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
ClemsonMGM's Tacoma Gallery
google jones gap state park.

also table rock state park.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
SCyoter is on a distinguished road
SCyoter's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply. I've camped at both of those places, but I'm pretty sure you can't drive your truck to any of the sites unless I missed something. I'm looking for something more primitive that you have to off road to and aren't around a lot of other people.