Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Shoe Creek 18 January 2014

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Shoe Creek 18 January 2014

Putting together a day run on Saturday January 18th.

Here's the trailhead address:
2097 Perkins Mill RD
Roseland, VA 22967

For those coming from other directions than the BP below we'll see you at the first creek crossing at 1000.

This BP is a good place to gas up if you're coming from the East side of the state and to collect everyone up before meeting at the first creek crossing.

We will be meeting here at 0900 and rolling out no later than 0915.

1495 North Amherst Highway
Amherst, VA 24521

CB Ch. 25

1) Ckeene9 +1
2) WildcatTaco
3) VATACOEXP +1 OUT
4) AaronArf
5) Ponethousand +1 vehicle
6) Rbraddock +4
7) Yota4whelz OUT
8) Superwhite10
9) FatTiresRollin (tentatively)
10) Taylor
11) Mattmxracer +1 FJ
12) Loco
13) Sandman614
14) Skytower (Late Saturday arrival)
15) Wheelerkr2 OUT
16) 02running
17) JMUrunner
18) Dragons Taco +1
19) Onurez
20) VAyoder4167
21) Newrider
22) Fjfar80
22) Lemons
23) Drunktaco
24) Keester +1
25) Jam23r1
26) Gadget@URD
27) Zeronine +1 vehicle

Saturday Morning Breakfast for those camping:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Bfast head count! Need to make sure I bring enough batter and chocolate chips.

Loco is bringing sausage and paperplates and plasticware.

You all bring your drinks (Loco I'll bring hot water with coffee beans and a grinder)!

1) Ckeene +1
2) Loco
3) Newrider
4) 02running
5) Ponethousand
6) Taylor
7) Slimwood Shady +1
8) Rbraddock +4
9) AaronArf
10) Zeronine +1
11) Sandman614 +1
12) Dragons Taco
13) Keester
Old 12-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
In
Old 12-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery
Tentatively me and the woman.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
In.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
ArMarine04 is a glorious beacon of lightArMarine04 is a glorious beacon of lightArMarine04 is a glorious beacon of lightArMarine04 is a glorious beacon of lightArMarine04 is a glorious beacon of lightArMarine04 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Alan
ArMarine04's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for the semi-off topic question but I've seen so many ppl talk about this place and I'm wondering if its something safe to tackle by yourself with a 3 inch lift and mild A/Ts?
Old 12-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArMarine04 View Post
sorry for the semi-off topic question but I've seen so many ppl talk about this place and I'm wondering if its something safe to tackle by yourself with a 3 inch lift and mild A/Ts?
depends on trail conditions
Old 12-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #7
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArMarine04 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VATACOEXP View Post
depends on trail conditions
This! If it's snow and ice and you don't have any means of self recovery, no.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in. Not that I need it but I hope I have my crawl box installed by then.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #9

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
I'm in. Not that I need it but I hope I have my crawl box installed by then.
Good place to play with new shit!
Old 12-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #10

I'm a definite yes +1
Old 12-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
rbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Retired MMCS/SS
Name: Randy
rbraddock's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe +4. I'll look tomorrow for stuff near by.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #12
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think I'll have 2 other vehicles with me. My buddy jeremy that went to the Uwharrie trip and my buddy chris that went with us to flagpole. This time he will be bringing his jeep.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #13

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbraddock View Post
Maybe +4. I'll look tomorrow for stuff near by.
Not sure what else is really nearby other than a bunch of hiking opportunities.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Tentatively in.. Me and another member were talkin about doin a whole weekend trip down there on the weekend of jan. 3-5 but if that doesn't happen I'd do this.. Are there decent spots to camp out if we wanna do more than a day trip?
Old 12-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Tentatively in.. Me and another member were talkin about doin a whole weekend trip down there on the weekend of jan. 3-5 but if that doesn't happen I'd do this.. Are there decent spots to camp out if we wanna do more than a day trip?
yes, about 1/4 mile in few different spots to camp
Old 12-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #16
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Great! I've never actually been down there before and from what I hear it's more technical than what I've done.. Would much rather go with at least one person that knows the trails a little bit
Old 12-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Great! I've never actually been down there before and from what I hear it's more technical than what I've done.. Would much rather go with at least one person that knows the trails a little bit
Not technical at all! Pretty much a dirt road. Some obstacles are to the side. You can definitely drive around them.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #18

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
yes, about 1/4 mile in few different spots to camp
Which site are you planning on using?
Old 12-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Which site are you planning on using?
Probably the first one after the creek crossing. Right by the river
Old 12-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #20

Oh gotcha! The way people talk about it you really gotta know what you're doin if you wanna go..

Products Discussed in this Thread