Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Hurricane Creek Trail Ride and camp #2

View Poll Results: Date for the trail ride.
March 15th 3 14.29%
March 22nd 16 76.19%
March 29th 3 14.29%
April 4th 5 23.81%
April 11 1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Hurricane Creek Trail Ride and camp #2

REFER TO POST BELOW FOR INFORMATION AND ATTENDEE LIST!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2266...y_type=regular

Try these in Google Earth, the 3d view is trippy.

Address: Hurricane Creek Rd, Clyde, NC

Here's Lon/Lat Coords: 35.723207,-83.026324

And in Deg/Min/Sec: +35° 43' 23.55", -83° 1' 34.77"

Here's a Google Map link: http://goo.gl/maps/Q3NTP

Old 12-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
DATE IS SET FOR THE WEEKEND OF MARCH 22ND.

We will be camping off of the Harmen Den exit, that is exit 7 off of I-40. On the off ramp, coming westbound, at the stop sign we will be taking a right and the campsite will be just up the ways a little bit, if you are coming east bound on I-40 you will hang a left and go under the bridge and continue up the road till you find us.

Meeting from 4:00-5:30ish on Friday, March 21, at the Sagebrush in Canton. That is exit 31 off of I-40. Some may get there sooner than others, hence the hour and a half time frame. From there, if need be, we can go to Ingles Grocery right up the road for those that need to get groceries. For those of you that need to meet at a later time, say around 10-11, PM me and I will line you up with Chris (VirginiaBound) as he will be rolling through around that time.

Chris (VirginiaBound) and I have talked and we have tried to get the plans set in stone. Since some of you will be driving a decent ways, camping is in the plans. The proposal if for Friday AND Saturday night camping. We need to figure out about what time everyone can head this way due to work and everything. Since the trail can be a little hard to find as it is literally a pull off of right off of the interstate, so there is a good chance if you aren't sure where it's at you will blow right by the pull off. If everyone knew where they were going we could just all meet at the proposed camping spot. Since we don't know how many people/trucks will be attending it is hard to set a camping location. Because of this my idea is that we need to all meet up somewhere off of Exit 31 on I40. That is the Canton exit, there is an Ingles right up the road there for those that need to get groceries/ice/beer/gas etc. That is just my idea, and when everyone is ready we can head to the trail/camping spot. Luckily daylight savings time is March 9, so by the 22nd we should have a little more light later in the evening to be able to setup camp.

Please let me know if these plans will work with everyone. Also let me know about how long of a drive some of you have to exit 31 (Canton, NC), and let me know what time some of you will be able to head this way and your estimated time of arrival.

I will do my best to keep the list of attendees updated in this post.

Going:
Virginiabound --------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
Pope953 --------------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
meatman -------------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
EddyRRT --------------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
cdj1 -------------------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
SGTCap ---------------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
Blueitrgsr ------------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
motostar00 ----------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
Dj318 ------------------------------------ GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
yoderman ------------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
HomerTaco ----------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
ChamYota ------------------------------ GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
T4rwildlife ------------------------------ GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
suttonkb -------------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
RaleighTaco ---------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
Sandman614 --------------------------- GOING AND CAMPING! Confirmed
02_trd_tacoma ------------------------ ATTENDING SATURDAY! Confirmed
02goldie -------------------------------- ATTENDING SATURDAY! Confirmed
TPain ----------------------------------- ATTENDING SATURDAY! Confirmed
Gear Head ----------------------------- ATTENDING FRIDAY AND SATURDAY!
MaterTaco ----------------------------- ATTENDING SATURDAY! MIGHT CAMP IF WORK ALLOWS
Dragons Taco (maybe)
drunktaco (maybe)
RyanVanF (maybe)
LSC15 (maybe)
01tacoprerunner (maybe)
Old 12-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Thats about a 2 hour drive for me so i think i'll tag along.

Going:
Virginiabound
Pope953
ChamYota
Old 12-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Shoot yeah Cam, it'll be good to finally meet you!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
Shoot yeah Cam, it'll be good to finally meet you!

Same to you bud! I enjoy meeting the SE members, and will travel where the tacos will be. I went to VA to the big meet and man that was a drive but it was worth it!

Old 12-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
We will wait until we have a head count before making dates.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Same to you bud! I enjoy meeting the SE members, and will travel where the tacos will be. I went to VA to the big meet and man that was a drive but it was worth it!

Musta missed that one Me and Chris made a trip to Winston Salem a couple years ago, and it was awesome, well worth the drive.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested

Quote:
Musta missed that one Me and Chris made a trip to Winston Salem a couple years ago, and it was awesome, well worth the drive.
That was 2 years ago.. Wow.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
I'm interested

That was 2 years ago.. Wow.
That was a long while ago! Taters.

I will make them again if we camp We went on another trail last fall, a different one that we went on that one time and it was quite a bit rougher the trail we were on when you tagged along. But either way, what I'm saying is there is another trail to run too if you come!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
I AM IN MINUS THE HUGE MUD HOLE
CAMPING FRI-SAT......
BG wants to come?!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #14
AKA Crash Bandicoot

After what happened last time i went wheeling, im gonna be mega careful this time....
Old 12-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #15
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed! Could be in depending on the date. My gf's sister lives in Canton so I could drop her off there and come wheel. Would be sweet to finally make a meet and actually meet some fellow TW'ers
Old 12-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #16
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Whaaat?!
I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
After what happened last time i went wheeling, im gonna be mega careful this time....
There isn't a whole lot up there that you can really mess stuff up on unless you hit mud holes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Subbed! Could be in depending on the date. My gf's sister lives in Canton so I could drop her off there and come wheel. Would be sweet to finally make a meet and actually meet some fellow TW'ers
Hell yeah man! If you don't mind me asking…who is your gf and her sister? I'm from Canton, and it's a small town, I may know them
Old 12-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #18
lowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Papa Kurt
lowinhz's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down as a maybe. I took Feb 22 to March 1 off for the Land between the lakes ride that is Feb27,28 and Mar 1. So I am out that weekend. But before and after I can try and make.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #19
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That was a long while ago! Taters.

I will make them again if we camp We went on another trail last fall, a different one that we went on that one time and it was quite a bit rougher the trail we were on when you tagged along. But either way, what I'm saying is there is another trail to run too if you come!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0K1e2tGXzE

PO-TA-TOS!!
Word! Another trail sounds great. I'll bring my stove and won't be working on my truck everytime we stop, just replace "IGN 1 no. 2". Woot!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #20
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hell yeah man! If you don't mind me asking…who is your gf and her sister? I'm from Canton, and it's a small town, I may know them
Ha I doubt you would. Neither are from there and her sister just moved there about a year ago. Her sister's name is Christy Kennedy and her husband was the manager at Tractor supply for the past year

Products Discussed in this Thread