Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Calling all Toyota owners in the Lynchburg and Charlottesville and surrounding areas!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #3021
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Army: SPC
Name: Cory
eaglesfn5402's Tacoma Gallery
Is Toyota not offering the Tacoma in single cab for 2015? The only reason I ask is because the shipping company that the Army now uses for vehicles has been losing vehicles. So if my truck gets "lost" I was going to look into getting a single cab then get the wife whatever she wants. Guess I'll have to consider getting a double cab if I decide to have offspring in the future. Thinking about taking off my wheel and tires and going back to stock, removing my wet okoles, cb radio, etc. pretty much anything I can take off the truck before shipping it. Possibly adding extra insurance coverage if they do lose it. That way if I get a new truck I'd only have to get a new suspension set up and stereo equipment.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #3022
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
^thats fuckin rediculous!! How in the hell can they "lose" a vehicle??!! I know they're shipping a lot of big stuff but seriously???!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #3023
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
^thats fuckin rediculous!! How in the hell can they "lose" a vehicle??!! I know they're shipping a lot of big stuff but seriously???!
I'm not sure. People have been leaving here and getting to the states being told a delivery date and the vehicles never show up. My wife's friend has been waiting a month after the delivery date they told her. She called them one time and they said it was in Dallas. She said she would go get it in Dallas if need be, they said they'd call her back and never did. Now they won't answer any of her phone calls. Apparently a bunch of people are trying to sue the company as well. I'm not so much as bothered about suing them as long as I get fully reimbursed for my truck and the parts I've put on it, I'll just go get a new truck no big deal to me.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #3024
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes they are stolen overseas.

Other times, they are on the ships, then a bad storm hits and they loose them to the ocean.

Maybe they are stuffing them full of contraband and they are getting ceased in customs?

They mess up paperwork or can't pay the actual Vessel owners fees and the vehicle is held as payment.

there are only really a few options of what can actually happen.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #3025
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=6mSAwC5OitQ
Old 09-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #3026
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
So, my truck was the centerpiece at our first Madison Motorsports meeting this year.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #3027
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Damn Taylor! should have made a MEET thread here or posted up about it! Might have made the trip.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #3028
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry boys, you can't come unless you're a member. Like paying dues and what not.

That blue camaro on the left, it's his copter. That Camaro is turbo'd and pushing 600 whp. Insane.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #3029

FINALLY fixed that damn suspension noise. Silence going over bumps is like music to my ears now! It was the sway bar linkage going back and forth through the linkage I'm pretty sure (can't be 100% positive on that since I also put on the sway bar relocation kit).
Old 09-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #3030

do any of you know someone who has went to UTI (Universal Technical Institute)? They have a 51 week automotive course then after you complete that a 12 week Toyota course. Thinking about having this as a plan b for life if I get out of the Army. My GI Bill should cover it, or at least that's what I'm being told and the school is in PA.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #3031
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I know that in a lot of shops (at least around me) the mechanics all consider it a joke from experience working with they're graduates...
Old 09-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #3032

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I know that in a lot of shops (at least around me) the mechanics all consider it a joke from experience working with they're graduates...
damnit.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #3033

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Hey dudes, I have a buddy who came across a second gen TRD Supercharger still in the box. He said he's asking around $4k for it. It's actually an older lady who has it, so I'm sure she'll be negotiable. Seller will be in Lynchburg.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #3034
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Hey dudes, I have a buddy who came across a second gen TRD Supercharger still in the box. He said he's asking around $4k for it. It's actually an older lady who has it, so I'm sure she'll be negotiable. Seller will be in Lynchburg.
You can buy it new for cheaper and with the fit kit specific for the year model.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #3035
VAYoder4167 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
VAYoder4167's Tacoma Gallery
Seen our old buddy Shane today on 29 but haven't heard anything from him or from Luke.

Brandon let me know when your bumper comes in so we can figure out when we can do all that mess.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #3036
JPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JPA2002's Tacoma Gallery
Checking in from Daleville/Roanoke.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails
Calling all Toyota owners in the Lynchburg and Charlottesville and surrounding areas!-dsc01353.jpg   Calling all Toyota owners in the Lynchburg and Charlottesville and surrounding areas!-dsc01354.jpg  
Old 09-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #3037

JPA! Nice lookin truck, is that a hidden winch in the stock bumper?
Old 09-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #3038

just finished up making a panel to mount my stand alone fuse box for under the hood. not the prettiest thing but it will get the job done. thinking I want a PA speaker now to hook up to my CB. I think I read awhile back that one of you has one, where is a good place to mount it? Is it hard to wire up (does it need it's own power from the fuse box or does it draw power from the CB)?
Old 09-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #3039
JPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJPA2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JPA2002's Tacoma Gallery
It is the usoffroad bumper. There is a smittybilt 12k winch in there.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails
Calling all Toyota owners in the Lynchburg and Charlottesville and surrounding areas!-image.jpg  
Old 09-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #3040
VAYoder4167 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
VAYoder4167's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA2002 View Post
Checking in from Daleville/Roanoke.

Jon
Good looking truck and welcome to the group if you have any questions just throw them up.

Products Discussed in this Thread