Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

What's good in Charleston, SC

Old 03-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #21
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
love chas! moe’s grill and bar has some killer BBQ burgers, idk what kinda beer they have since last time i was there i could not drink. hominy grill has some killer breakfast food. i forgot what streets those places are on, but someone in here will know. I think its called RED’s they had some good crab. i think they have other sea food as well, i just remember having the crab.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #22
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
I'm just up the road at SPARC

SPARC? What do you do in IT?

the burger place i'm talking about is Sesame Burgers and Beer. 3 locations around Charleston.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #23
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
SPARC? What do you do in IT?

the burger place i'm talking about is Sesame Burgers and Beer. 3 locations around Charleston.
I'm a software performance test engineer. It's a pretty cool gig.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #24
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm a software performance test engineer. It's a pretty cool gig.
cool. IA here and former network engineer.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #25
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
thinking of heading down there at the end of the month with the girlfriend for the day. what restaurants would be good to hit for lunch and possibly supper?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #26
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
thinking of heading down there at the end of the month with the girlfriend for the day. what restaurants would be good to hit for lunch and possibly supper?
depends on budget...lol. lots of good places that will get you out for under $50...other you wont get out under $200...lol
Old 03-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #27
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah....i'll stick to the $50 haha
i used to go every year and knew some spots but i haven't been back in almost 5 years?
just trying to see what's good
Old 03-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #28
Sooooooper Moderator

red's at shim creek, hymans seafood, and sesame are all good...different scales of food, but wont break the bank.

when you get to places like oak steakhouse, you get expensive. like 50+ per steak. supposed to be amazing.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #29
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
love chas! moe’s grill and bar has some killer BBQ burgers, idk what kinda beer they have since last time i was there i could not drink. hominy grill has some killer breakfast food. i forgot what streets those places are on, but someone in here will know. I think its called RED’s they had some good crab. i think they have other sea food as well, i just remember having the crab.
Moes Crosstown Tavern makes some really good food - or used too. From what I understand it has gone down hill in recent years due to their head chef leaving a while back (Good ol friend of mine). Hominy is awesome too - can run up a couple hundred dollar tab there in no time at dinner if drinking wine and ordering Duck for three..

Fleet Landing is a good affordable lunch spot for seafood and is on the Harbor in the old Coast Guard BLd behind the Custom's house. Even has its own parking.

Also, Cru Cafe is outstanding and not back on the hip. Corner of East Bay and Pinckney - just down the Street from the Old Big Johns bar. Good place to take the woman - white table cloth , set up in an old house.. Gotta try the Chinese Chicken SAlad for an App..
Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #30
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
red's at shim creek, hymans seafood, and sesame are all good...different scales of food, but wont break the bank.

when you get to places like oak steakhouse, you get expensive. like 50+ per steak. supposed to be amazing.
Brace yourself at Oak. Its A-la-carte and they're proud of it. My wife and I went there for our 2nd anniversary a few years back. We had a 150.00 Gift Cert and still had to pay almost 250.00 to get out the door. Didn't drink too much that I recall --- blurr... DAMN good food though..
Old 03-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #31
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Moes Crosstown Tavern makes some really good food - or used too. From what I understand it has gone down hill in recent years due to their head chef leaving a while back (Good ol friend of mine). Hominy is awesome too - can run up a couple hundred dollar tab there in no time at dinner if drinking wine and ordering Duck for three..

Fleet Landing is a good affordable lunch spot for seafood and is on the Harbor in the old Coast Guard BLd behind the Custom's house. Even has its own parking.

Also, Cru Cafe is outstanding and not back on the hip. Corner of East Bay and Pinckney - just down the Street from the Old Big Johns bar. Good place to take the woman - white table cloth , set up in an old house.. Gotta try the Chinese Chicken SAlad for an App..
We were at Fleet Landing yesterday. I don't prefer seafood but like to try it when I'm in an area it should be eaten in. I had the Tilapia and really enjoyed it.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #33
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At tabbuli currently.
That place is pretty good. Get a Tabasco shot while you are there, they make the best ones
Old 03-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #34
Swerve for nothing

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Brace yourself at Oak. Its A-la-carte and they're proud of it. My wife and I went there for our 2nd anniversary a few years back. We had a 150.00 Gift Cert and still had to pay almost 250.00 to get out the door. Didn't drink too much that I recall --- blurr... DAMN good food though..
i think they expanded here to Columbia and it's called Oak Table? I could be wrong.
Thanks for the recommendations!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:25 AM   #36
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
So what's the plan tomorrow? Who's in?
I'm down for some Sesame after work if you want a burger/beer. I'm usually off at 4. I know you said before you may get out early today. Let me know.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:47 AM   #37
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So what's the plan tomorrow? Who's in?
I'm in. Depending in what time I may have to drive the work truck though
Old 03-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #39
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Today's been changed to a normal day, so I'll be leaving around 4-430.
whatcha wanna do?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #40
LRGRNR

Quote:
whatcha wanna do?
Sesame sounds good. I also heard about Charleston Rush (go karts!)