Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

F'N Snow/Ice in SC

Old 01-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #21
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
they had a story on the news here about how not to blast the defrost in your car as it could crack the windshield. gave some recipe to spray on your windshield to de-ice it
What? Never heard that one before! I run my defrost on high at - temps you'll never experience in SC and never had my windshield crack. Blast away my southern TW friends!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #23
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
If we do get snow all the Yankee's will laugh that live around here.. I bet there are snowmen in every yard - complete with dirt and sticks everywhere on them
Old 01-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #24
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Hope you guys survive the night

Lol
I don't know how you people way up north can survive.. When its in the 40's with a breeze I'm unhappy.. But get in the teens and such and I just want to curl up next to a fire and go into a coma..
Old 01-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #25
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
just got word I'm not going into work tonight. looks like it's taking it's time to get here
Old 01-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #26
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
freezing rain just started!!! it turns to snow real soon
Old 01-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #27
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
freezing rain just started!!! it turns to snow real soon

I hate freezing rain
Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #28
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
I hate freezing rain
that and sleet both suck.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #29
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
that and sleet both suck.

Ice fog is the worst
Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #30
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Ice fog is the worst
I'd forgotten about that.... x2 on it
Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #31
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ice fog is the worst
how the F does that work?
Old 01-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #32
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
only in Canada
Old 01-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

When air temperature is really cold , ground is cold , everything is cold , except the mist droplets stay in a liquid state for some reason I'll have to look up , as soon as they touch anything they instantly freeze , so very much like freezing rain , except it's fog and not rain

Very miserable to be in

It has only happened a couple times where I live , usually we don't get cold enough
Old 01-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #34
User Friendly

Starting to get some mix rain/sleet in Chas.
I collected some extra last minute supplies on the way home. I was the very last person to get a bottle filled w/ propane. A buddy came by and dropped off a coleman burner, several heaters, more fuel, h2o bottles, ect.. We're all set for the BLIZZARD of 2014
Old 01-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #35
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
only in Canada
Not so. Happens in Alaska... did lots of driving through it. Temp has to be below ~-25 - -30F for it to start
Old 01-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #36
User Friendly

^^^ That's just crazy talk.. Snow fog=I'm not living there
Old 01-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #37
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
^^^ That's just crazy talk.. Snow fog=I'm not living there
Too cold for me these days... I do miss the LONG summer days, but not the short winter days. Miss the scenery but not the mosquitoes and gnats . Lots of wide open spaces...
Old 01-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #38
User Friendly

^^ I could understand missing the open space and long summer days. The cold however, no way no mam.. Can't take all that business
Old 01-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #39
frizzman is on a distinguished road

frizzman's Tacoma Gallery
-5 when I left for work this morning. defrost going all the way. if your windshield cracks it's an inferior replacement. factory glass is all high quality.

about to leave work and it's 7. If it's above 75 no thanks. i like my 50's-60's riding the motorcycle

I always have to laugh at the people below mason-dixon who bundle up in 40's like it's the sno-pacalypse
Old 01-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #40
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
two degrees closer to snow!!! Temp is down to 34*