Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

SC, lowcountry place for lift install?

Old 02-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
DCLBFTMFW ;)
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
SC, lowcountry place for lift install?

I'm still debating on getting my truck lifted in the next couple months.. Nothing to crazy - most likely just the 5100's and AAL.. However, having such few miles and never having installed a lift like this I would just assume take it somewhere and pay for the install.

Does anyone in the Chas. area know of a good shop to take it to? The only place I know is Lowcountry 4x4 on hwy 17.. I called them and they pushed for a spacer lift - thus, I'm not feeling to good about them right off the rip..
Old 02-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Low country 4x4 wanted 2100 dollars in labor to lift my scout. We had all the parts already. I bought a new air compressor and all new air tool for less than that and did my lift myself.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
SGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant future

Name: Cap
SGTCap's Tacoma Gallery
Do not use King Offroad/ Adam King. He took a week to do mine and still fucked it up. Just this morning I realised he put extended brake lines on the front of my truck instead of the rear. Now I've got brake lies touching my tires when I turn to lock, and rears that can pull out if I flex too much.

Ass clown.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
DCLBFTMFW ;)
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
Low country 4x4 wanted 2100 dollars in labor to lift my scout. We had all the parts already. I bought a new air compressor and all new air tool for less than that and did my lift myself.
GOOD GOD That's crazy expensive!!! I have most all of the tools I would need and two compressor's.. May have to just suck it up and play weekend wrencher. Lowcountry 4X4 hasn't impressed me over the phone and I honestly get a bad taste when I talk to them. I can't say for sure if they do shotty work or not but I have to go with my gut on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTCap View Post
Do not use King Offroad/ Adam King. He took a week to do mine and still fucked it up. Just this morning I realised he put extended brake lines on the front of my truck instead of the rear. Now I've got brake lies touching my tires when I turn to lock, and rears that can pull out if I flex too much.

Ass clown.
Dang, so this one is off the list as well. I have no time for someone to take my truck for a week and return it with problems..

I guess I have to keep looking/hoping someone here knows a reputable shop that is actually good at doing lifts. I really need a place where I can take my truck in if possible on a Saturday morning and pick it up that afternoon. I feel like a shop that does lifts regulary should have no problem doing one in a day. If they can't, well then how do they keep the doors open. I also can't imagine the labor cost if it takes multiple days to complete the job.

In a perfect world ; I'll buy my kit online and then take it somewhere close and get it knocked out in no time.. I'm surprised there's not a local TW member that's a lift installing pro that does them on the side for extra money??
Old 02-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #5
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
after putting my lift on with a breeze and then having cams 1 problem after the next I have decided to purchase all new tools to do lifts..( mainly work on my truck)
Old 02-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
DCLBFTMFW ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
after putting my lift on with a breeze and then having cams 1 problem after the next I have decided to purchase all new tools to do lifts..( mainly work on my truck)
Curious as to why the new tools? Did something get stripped or whatnot?
Old 02-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #7
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

eh my old tools are unsafe so didn't use them on his..realized when you run into problems you need tools..
Old 02-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #8
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you need help installing your lift I'm sure many of us charleston guys with me included wouldn't mind helping at all but you could knock it out by yourself no problem
Old 02-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #9
DCLBFTMFW ;)

Ah, I fully understand. Plus, it seriously sucks when you lose an hour in the middle of a job to go running around after parts/tools. Any super secret special tools that I need to do 5100's and AAL? I may opt for new coils as well but if so will get them pre-assembled.. Only thing I can think of that I need is a spring commpressor unless I go for the Jack method..
Old 02-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #10

You can take that to a mechanics shop, I know on of my buddies took it to firestone, and they'll compress the shock for you for I think 20 bucks is what my friend paid
Old 02-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #11

I did jack method.. but ask Jamie (jhodge83) he was telling me about a newer method a few weeks ago.. sounded a lot easier...
Old 02-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #12
DCLBFTMFW ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
If you need help installing your lift I'm sure many of us charleston guys with me included wouldn't mind helping at all but you could knock it out by yourself no problem

Thanks man good looking out.. I'm hoping to not run into any issues if/when I dive into it.. If nothing else my help may would come in the form of questions here.. I still like the idea of just taking it somewhere and eliminating any headaches on my part.. On the other hand, I like wrenching and this seems pretty cut and dry.. I'm only going for 2-2.5" so not doing UCA's..
Old 02-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #13
DCLBFTMFW ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
I did jack method.. but ask Jamie (jhodge83) he was telling me about a newer method a few weeks ago.. sounded a lot easier...
Oh - ok will do. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #14
elgin is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
elgin's Tacoma Gallery
Its pretty easy to do yourself, get help from a friend and it will be done in an afternoon. The first side will take much longer than the second from my experience. It can save quite a bit on the install... just extra $$$ for more truck parts.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #15
DCLBFTMFW ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin View Post
Its pretty easy to do yourself, get help from a friend and it will be done in an afternoon. The first side will take much longer than the second from my experience. It can save quite a bit on the install... just extra $$$ for more truck parts.
Yeah I'll def. have a bud give me a hand. Will make sure to have plenty of sud's on hand as well - but will nt over indulge until the first side is done and I have my grasp on things