Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Car show/Meet at JMU April 5th

Old 02-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Car show/Meet at JMU April 5th

Hey guys! I'm in a driver's club at James Madison University in Harrisonburg called Madison Motorsports. Every year we have a car show to benefit charity. This year's charity is BiPolar Aware. The charity was started by the father of a JMU student who committed suicide due to her Bipolar disorder.

The car show will be APRIL 5TH starting at 11am at the James Madison University Convocation center parking lot.

Coordinates 38.430606,-78.868361

Usually, it's a big show, but this year we're expecting it to be. Most guys in the club has sports cars, and track cars they built. A few graduated members have jeeps. but I alone am the sole truck. So Toyota is carrying the offroad burden of the club. As a freshmen, I don't have much pull, but I've talked to the president and have got him in touch with Ryan from Steven Toyota here in Harrisonburg. Ryan is a super awesome guy and is majorly responsible for the AWESOME Steven Toyota Show 'n Tell event in October, which was a huge success!

We're planning on having over 100 cars there and tons of people. I personally would love it if we took the place over with Toyotas! I've got a lot of people in our Lynchburg-Harrisonburg-CVille group coming and I'm hoping more people will come! Entry will be a minimum of $1-to whatever you want to donate. There will be tons of free food (Since we're not allowed to sell any food on campus, we have to give it away) and we're expecting TONS of nice cars. We're even expecting a few supercars like the McLaren MP4-12C. There will be a 4x4 category this year, per my request and the winner will get a trophy, tons of free stuff, and a shot in the Steven toyota photo booth!

Steven Toyota is donating TONS of free oil changes, details, etc. As well as tons of other vendors.

I'll update with more details as I get them, as long as a flier, and a link to pre-register.

So, to summarize.

-The Driver's club here at JMU is having a car show for charity
-Steven Toyota (Ryan) will be there with tons of cool stuff
-TONS of free stuff Demello Offroad with shirts and stickers. Toytec is throwing in a few $100 gift cards!
-Articulation ramp
-Cornhole contest
-Vendors like crutchfield, Advance auto, and like 100 other local automotive vendors (will update list as I get it)
-Judging on our vehicles with tons of categories (4x4, domestic, import, racecar, motorcycle)
-Winners will recieve a trophy and a photo session in the Steven Toyota photobooth!
-Tons of cool cars including bikes, offroad rigs (hopefully at least 30 of us!), race cars, drag cars, and supercars
-Probably a run to flagpole or GWNP after the car show

-THE BEST PART IS WE'VE JUST STARTED LINING UP THINGS TO GIVEAWAY AND DO.
Probably vendors and things
-NASA mid-atlantic giving away free hyperdrive passes
-We might have VIR and a few other tracks giving away passes and the like
-Packages from the professional detailer in our group
-Tons of vendors we've yet to contact with tons of car parts and such
-Madison Motorsports apparel
-

Here are some pics of some TW members in the photo booth from the October meet!

Here's the thread on our forums if you want it straight from the horse's mouth

http://www.mmsports.org/forum/viewto...239498#p239498
Old 02-20-2014, 06:36 AM   #2
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed... i should join mm so your not the only truck haha
Old 02-20-2014, 08:08 AM   #3
VAYoder4167 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
VAYoder4167's Tacoma Gallery
I'm planning on being there so you won't be the only toyota there.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
Subbed... i should join mm so your not the only truck haha
You should, man! We are going on a cruise Saturday and having a dinner. Then we're going to GForce in Richmond next weekend. Then VIR for a track day in March.

I'm running for VP next year. It's sick!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
You should, man! We are going on a cruise Saturday and having a dinner. Then we're going to GForce in Richmond next weekend. Then VIR for a track day in March.

I'm running for VP next year. It's sick!
that sounds cool, too bad i have make up class on saturday, maybe ill try to make it to the next meeting or something
Old 02-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
Why do all these cool meet ups take place when im working 72 hours during a nuke outage??? I hated missing the stevens Toyota show.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #7

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
that sounds cool, too bad i have make up class on saturday, maybe ill try to make it to the next meeting or something
PM me your e-mail and I'll get you on the mailing list!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #8

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic11 View Post
Why do all these cool meet ups take place when im working 72 hours during a nuke outage??? I hated missing the stevens Toyota show.
Only solution is to quit
Old 02-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #9

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Alright guys, there's a flier now! Spread the word and get ready! It's going to be sick.

The pics on the flier are from previous years. I'm contacting the Ferrari Club of America to see if they want to stop by too.

I updated the OP with the flier.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #10
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
So how does the donation work? Just bring cash with er what?
Old 02-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #11

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
So how does the donation work? Just bring cash with er what?
Pretty sure it's on-site, but I'll ask the president real quick.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #12

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Payment is on site. Pretty sure we have a card swiper thing.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #13

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Contacting some offroad vendors to see if they're interested in throwing in some swag!
Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #14

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Demello Offroad is on board and throwing in some raffle prizes.

Edit: Toytec lifts is throwing in a few $100 gift cards among other things!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #16

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Car show was a huge success! Thanks to everyone who came!!