Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Hurricane Creek Trail Ride Pictures

Old 03-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #121
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I did finally lock the front getting out...
oh i know, think we all knew once we saw both front wheels start spinning
Old 03-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #122
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Heres another one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4JIqNjdusA
Old 03-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #123
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you got them posted Dylan! I've been crazy busy with work and school this week.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #124
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome pics and vids guys! I'm thinking about hitting this road up on memorial day weekend when I'm in the area. Did you guys start the trail at Max Patch rd or off of I40? And those mud pits are side trails right? that's not the "main" trail is it? I've read that its capable in a stock 4x4.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #125
T4rwildlife has a brilliant futureT4rwildlife has a brilliant futureT4rwildlife has a brilliant futureT4rwildlife has a brilliant futureT4rwildlife has a brilliant futureT4rwildlife has a brilliant futureT4rwildlife has a brilliant futureT4rwildlife has a brilliant futureT4rwildlife has a brilliant futureT4rwildlife has a brilliant futureT4rwildlife has a brilliant future
Name: Alek
T4rwildlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Awesome pics and vids guys! I'm thinking about hitting this road up on memorial day weekend when I'm in the area. Did you guys start the trail at Max Patch rd or off of I40? And those mud pits are side trails right? that's not the "main" trail is it? I've read that its capable in a stock 4x4.

Thanks!

The mud is on another trail on the Harmon's den exist, yes I would say this is completely stock capable trail.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #126
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4rwildlife View Post
The mud is on another trail on the Harmon's den exist, yes I would say this is completely stock capable trail.

Sweet! Thanks for the info! Probably going to hike up to Buzzards Roost and Max Patch Bald while I'm in there area!

Does anyone know if its easier or harder coming from Max Patch rd?

Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #127
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I ran a stock 4x4 sport the way we went, and there was one crossing that was a little tough on my truck over the rocks going up. One 4x4 and I think both 4x2's needed a pull up, so I wouldn't go alone. We were driving towards I40
Old 05-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #128
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
Ive gone both ways. Coming out on 40 i liked better. I did it in my dcsb when it was stock. Only needed 4wd once. But if it rains, there's one hill on the 40 side of the stone wall that'll give you a bit of ass ache
Old 05-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #131

Thank you for the info guys! Really appreciate it! I'm headed that way next weekend to camp and look for a place to move! Hope I can meet some of you guys later
Old 05-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #132
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I live in the area. Bout 20-25 minutes away from the trails.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:49 AM   #133
Dangerdave is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Dangerdave's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I live less than 10 minutes from Hurricane Creek Trl... Its sad Ive never run it..
Old 05-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Sweet! Thanks for the info! Probably going to hike up to Buzzards Roost and Max Patch Bald while I'm in there area!

Does anyone know if its easier or harder coming from Max Patch rd?
Ive seen that trail I believe when guiding in the max patch/Harmon Den area.. It looks fun but I am not entirely sure my sad little tires would carry me through it.

Is the muddy trail practically right off the gravel road that carries you up to Max Patch?
Old 05-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #135
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdave View Post
Ive seen that trail I believe when guiding in the max patch/Harmon Den area.. It looks fun but I am not entirely sure my sad little tires would carry me through it.

Is the muddy trail practically right off the gravel road that carries you up to Max Patch?
When we went there DragonTaco did it in a completely stock dcsb that did everything, even the big mud hole but he was giving it hell haha
Old 05-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #136
haha nice!! I was a bit disheartened when taking mine up through some private property.. it didn't want to clear some of the rocks that I was trying to negotiate.. Not enough power and it was so tight I had to crawl through some spots so definitely not enough forward momentum..

But again, I am used to taking big chevys through mud holes and not trying to negotiate rocky terrain.. There isn't much of that where I am from in East Texas
Old 05-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #137
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
When we went there DragonTaco did it in a completely stock dcsb that did everything, even the big mud hole but he was giving it hell haha

Yeah, stock Michelin tires were the biggest liability. They only go fast, don't dig well.

Maybe I skip the suspension and tire mods and just get two bottles of nitrous. Hoo Rah!