Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

camping near Baker, WV

Old 04-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
camping near Baker, WV

Wondering if anyone knows of some good spots for light/moderate wheelin and campin either in the GWNF or just near Baker, WV that is free.

I have a job coming up centered in Moorefield, WV and will have the weekends off to do with as I please. I have an uncle who owns a farm nearby that i'll probably spend at least one weekend at but I'd like to get out at least twice and see the area. I'll be by myself so the trails can't be too extreme but I don't mind a little challenge.

I've looked at the GWNF vehicle use maps as well as some topo's and see a bunch of trails up in that region but I figured I'd ask if there's any place specific worth seeing or maybe more important, places I should go???

any help would be appreciated, and if you're close by and wanted to meet up for a weekend I'd be down!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump... anyone around that area at all?
Old 04-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #3

Daily bump
Old 04-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
Some days you watch the show, and some days...
Drainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT2(SS) with the king, Ronald Reagan!
Name: Bob
Drainbung's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the Dolly Sods, tons of good hiking. Camping is available at Red Creek campground, first come, first served. Not sure about any wheeling out that way. Canaan Valley also has a lot of camping available.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #5

I've heard about both of those, might check em out at least one weekend but I was really lookin for more wheel in style. I know WV has some great trails and I'd like to check em out, but maybe they're far from Moorefield?

You don't by chance know if the northern end of the George Washington National Forest is open do you?
Old 04-09-2014, 07:24 AM   #7
SlickDuck is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
SlickDuck's Tacoma Gallery
Try the (304) WV ROLL CALL thread for someone in that area.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
SlickDuck is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
SlickDuck's Tacoma Gallery
You should check out Seneca Rocks, and Spruce Knob while you are in the area. Spruce Knob is the highest point in the state. Also http://www.mountaineeroffroad.com/ should be able to hook you up with some wheeling ideas.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #9

Thanks guys! I didn't think to look for area code threads, always just look by name..