Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Official Rock Therapy 2015 Eastern Rollers

Old 06-03-2014, 05:11 AM   #1
Will work for Lockers!
loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Petty Officer
Name: Phil
loco's Tacoma Gallery
Official Rock Therapy 2015 Eastern Rollers

So the next Rock Therapy is about a year away which is just about right for us Right Coasters to start planning.

This is not going to be a trip for the faint of heart or truck. If you are Open/Open, running a spacer lift, running 265s, don't have armor or have recovery equipment for your truck this is probably not the group for you to go with. I'm not saying you can't go but this group is not geared for that.

We run a bunch of trips in the VA/NC area though out the year that are probably better suited to folks in that category and would love to have you come out and join us. But Moab is gonna tear up a mostly stock Tacoma if you follow the folks I imagine will be rolling out.

The basic plan here is to hit the road and split up the drive to Moab in 2 days (Gonna Suck) or maybe 3 and then enjoy Rock Therapy and roll back home. Its gonna be a 7+ day trip from VA at least...Hence the reason for starting the plans early to secure Vacation/Leave.

Right now this is a place holder for info as it becomes available but I will keep my eyes peeled and update everyone here as to the plans as this all firms up.

In the mean time here is some photos from this years event to get your juices flowing...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/moa...ml#post8734937
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/moa...ml#post8734328
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/moa...ml#post8733735
Old 06-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #2
Will work for Lockers!
loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Who's going???

Loco-Phil
Ckeene-Chris
Ponethousand-Paul
ajohnson-Andy
xweslingx- Wes
bluewaters182-Greg
Mr.Grimm- Dean
boogeyman- Phoenix
AaronArf- Aaron
allmotorex-Gideon
Robertocrister- Levi
EddyRTT- Eddy
Dwill817-Drew
01Tac0ma-Chad
SGTCap-Cap
Old 06-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #3
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Good info for trail spares and stuff stolen with pride!!!

RIG REQUIREMENTS:

Inspections may be held upon registering at the event.
Do us all a favor and get your shit together! self inspection prior to arrival is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Items to cover, but not limited to:

Brakes: Be able to stall vehicle in first gear using service brakes (manual transmission).
be able to stall vehicle in third gear using parking brake (manual trans)

Steering: No excessive play in steering linkage and tie-rode ends, steering racks etc.

Suspension: Inspection of bolt tightness on key components

Tires:
Visual inspection of tires for adequate tread. Spare tire required

Lights: Headlights are in proper working order. Taillights on proper working order

Safety: Seat belts for all passengers. Roll bar or hardtop for all vehicles. Fire extinguisher in the vehicle and accessible. Windshield free of cracks that obstruct view of driver.

Communication: CB Radio and/or HAM Radio installed and functional.

Recovery: Tow strap required (no straps with hooked ends). Proper recovery attachments points secured to the frame of vehicle front and rear. Winch (optional). Hi-lift Jack.

MISC: No excessive fluid leaks. No open exhaust (i.e. straight pipes)

Optional: Spare parts. Tool kits.

Items needed...

CB RADIO!!!, Camping gear (tents, sleeping bags, pillows, chairs, lights, rope, tarp, stakes, hammer, knife), firewood, water (5+gallons), sunscreen, food and beverages for the weekend (bring more to share if you want, but make sure to have enough for your party), grills, tarps, sunshades, tools, spare parts (if any), at least 1 spare tire, recovery strap, extra fluids (oil, tranny, steering, brake, etc), jack stands, small fire extinguisher, map of the area...let me know what i missed and i'll add

*Dry erase board for trail listing at campsite, extra maps to hand out*

Off-road tips and gear list

Spare part recommendations...
CV axles
Tie rod ends
Tires
U-Joints
Driveshaft
ball joints
hoses (radiator, etc)
Extra fluids (motor oil, differential fluid, coolant, steering fluid, brake fluid, transmission, etc)
duct tape
zip ties
wire
fuses
Old 06-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #4
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
And one more for good measure
Old 06-03-2014, 05:40 AM   #6
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-03-2014, 05:41 AM   #7
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:41 AM   #8
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Jabbers!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #10
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

does the yellow wire mod qualify?
Old 06-03-2014, 05:54 AM   #12
Live Fast, Die Young

sorry phil i couldnt help but ask!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #13
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:58 AM   #14
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Haters the whole lot of yah...I am setting up my date with ECGS once I get ack in cellphone range! I bet you I have two lockers before the Soul less ginger does!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:00 AM   #15
Live Fast, Die Young

im sure you will too! let me know when you schedule that appointment, and dont be late
Old 06-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #16
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Glad someone made this thread! I was planning to go next year if I can figure out something with my drivetrain by then!

A 3 day drive sounds best to me too because I plan on driving a 34 y/o pickup! Lol

We could take the Trans-American out there!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #17
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
I can swing 9-10 days off, Fri before through Sunday after.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:07 AM   #18
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwhite10 View Post
im sure you will too! let me know when you schedule that appointment, and dont be late
Was planning on it...What the hell am I gonna do for 8 hours???
Old 06-03-2014, 06:10 AM   #19
Live Fast, Die Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
Was planning on it...What the hell am I gonna do for 8 hours???
let me know when you schedule it, if its on a weekend and i have no plans i may grace you with my company. ecgs is like 20 min away from me
Old 06-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #20
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwhite10 View Post
let me know when you schedule it, if its on a weekend and i have no plans i may grace you with my company. ecgs is like 20 min away from me
Done son! Not sure when I will do it. Wife will be outta town for a while at the end of october...Was also stewing with the idea of just doing it myself since I have so much other stuff to do anyways. I kind of want a pro install though...