1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Orleans Area Info??

Discussion in 'South East' started by Brunes, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Apr 9, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    So I just got word that my wife and I will be moving to NOLA in about a year. It's a short hop from P-Cola-but we are trying to get as much info as early as possible.

She'll be working downtown by the SuperDome and I'll be working at the NOLA Naval Air Station/Coast Guard Air Station.

Good places to live?? Expected traffic?? General Info about economy and what not??

Hook a brother up!!

2. Apr 18, 2009 at 6:48 PM
    Alaskaflyer

Alaskaflyer My other ride Hovers

Member:
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner DC TRD Off Road
    OME 885 AAL, 2.5* shim, Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT KO 285/75/16, Spidertrax spacers, OME Shocks up front, Bilstein 5100 Shocks in back.
    NOLA is a busy airstation. Just delivered an aircraft down there last month. Don't know much about the area, you'll get your fair share of SAR though, they average a SAR case every day.

Good luck, I transfer in 2010, with 12 openings for me in Jacksonville I stand a good chance of going to HITRON.

GARY

3. Apr 19, 2009 at 7:57 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...My father in law and the pilot who's house I'm looking at renting was telling me that it's a great AirSta to fly out of.
    12 openings in Jax...Florida is nice area. Best of luck- and let me know what the final verdict is!!

4. Apr 19, 2009 at 8:32 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    Rent, or buy something on high ground. ;)

5. Apr 20, 2009 at 6:50 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Do you have school aged kids?

I would recommend living in Metairie. Metairie is a suburb of New Orleans. In the morning, it might take 30 minutes to get to the superdome.

I live off of Bonnabel next to the interstate and I am happy with the neighborhood over there. It is very convenient, not too pricey, and safe. Also, it is a no-flood zone. Feel free to PM me with questions.

6. Apr 20, 2009 at 11:31 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    My son might make it to kindergarden before we move again...maybe not. Is there a map or something that outlines flood zones??

7. Apr 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    yeah, there are FEMA maps that will outline flood zones.

Being in Kindergarden, I would probably go for private or catholic schooling. I don't have any kids yet, but when we do we would like to send them to Catholic schooling. Supposedly the best one is St. Catherine of Siena on the corner of Bonnabel and Metairie Rd.

8. Apr 20, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    the flood maps are called "FIRM"

9. Apr 20, 2009 at 3:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    He's 2.5 months at this point....so we've got tons of time to deal with that. Being active duty military we will probably be somewhere else before we have to think about it.

Thanks for the input tho.

::goes to google the maps::

Products Discussed in

To Top