Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

New Orleans Area Info??

Old 04-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
New Orleans Area Info??

So I just got word that my wife and I will be moving to NOLA in about a year. It's a short hop from P-Cola-but we are trying to get as much info as early as possible.

She'll be working downtown by the SuperDome and I'll be working at the NOLA Naval Air Station/Coast Guard Air Station.

Good places to live?? Expected traffic?? General Info about economy and what not??

Hook a brother up!!
Old 04-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
NOLA is a busy airstation. Just delivered an aircraft down there last month. Don't know much about the area, you'll get your fair share of SAR though, they average a SAR case every day.

Good luck, I transfer in 2010, with 12 openings for me in Jacksonville I stand a good chance of going to HITRON.

GARY
Old 04-19-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaflyer View Post
NOLA is a busy airstation. Just delivered an aircraft down there last month. Don't know much about the area, you'll get your fair share of SAR though, they average a SAR case every day.

Good luck, I transfer in 2010, with 12 openings for me in Jacksonville I stand a good chance of going to HITRON.

GARY
Yeah...My father in law and the pilot who's house I'm looking at renting was telling me that it's a great AirSta to fly out of.
12 openings in Jax...Florida is nice area. Best of luck- and let me know what the final verdict is!!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Rent, or buy something on high ground.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have school aged kids?

I would recommend living in Metairie. Metairie is a suburb of New Orleans. In the morning, it might take 30 minutes to get to the superdome.

I live off of Bonnabel next to the interstate and I am happy with the neighborhood over there. It is very convenient, not too pricey, and safe. Also, it is a no-flood zone. Feel free to PM me with questions.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, there are FEMA maps that will outline flood zones.

Being in Kindergarden, I would probably go for private or catholic schooling. I don't have any kids yet, but when we do we would like to send them to Catholic schooling. Supposedly the best one is St. Catherine of Siena on the corner of Bonnabel and Metairie Rd.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
the flood maps are called "FIRM"
Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
yeah, there are FEMA maps that will outline flood zones.

Being in Kindergarden, I would probably go for private or catholic schooling. I don't have any kids yet, but when we do we would like to send them to Catholic schooling. Supposedly the best one is St. Catherine of Siena on the corner of Bonnabel and Metairie Rd.
He's 2.5 months at this point....so we've got tons of time to deal with that. Being active duty military we will probably be somewhere else before we have to think about it.

Thanks for the input tho.

::goes to google the maps::