Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Move over for Bicyclist's in VA

Old 06-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Move over for Bicyclist's in VA

They just passed a law in VA that you must give bicyclist's 3 feet of space between your vehicle and the bicycle. You are not allowed to cross a double yellow to give them that 3 feet of space you'll have to wait until either they get off the road or you get to a passing zone. They said the fine could be big.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
I thought that was always the law.....since I took the driving class a few months ago anyway. It's the same interpretation with passing other vehicles too....only in passing lanes and must not exceed the speed limit (I'd like to see how many people do that and actually make it without getting into a head on wreck!) lol.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Terrible idea! If this is law then they also need to abide by not impeding traffic.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Here they won't ride single file and refuse to move over when a vehicle is behind them.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see bikers follow the laws too. I constantly see them blowing right through 4-way stops, holding up traffic at intersections, and ridiing double and tripple file on twisty roads. I would have some more respect for them if more of them had the same.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
josh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Federal Law Enforcement
Name: Josh
josh0351's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
I'd like to see bikers follow the laws too. I constantly see them blowing right through 4-way stops, holding up traffic at intersections, and ridiing double and tripple file on twisty roads. I would have some more respect for them if more of them had the same.
I couldn't agree more, and I'm a cyclist (mountain & road biker). These clowns are the ones giving the rest of us a bad name. I ride with a few guys who think they're above the law and ride very recklessly, although I do give them shit about it.

Just the there day I was heading through a 4-way signal on a green light. This knott-head on a road bike approaching the intersection on the right, made a right turn turn without even stopping! (He blew the light on a right turn.) I had to swerve to miss clipping him! I probably should have slowed down and politely told him that I'm a cyclist myself and almost hit him because he was NOT obeying the laws....
Old 07-22-2014, 06:30 PM   #7
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
They just passed a law in VA that you must give bicyclist's 3 feet of space between your vehicle and the bicycle. You are not allowed to cross a double yellow to give them that 3 feet of space you'll have to wait until either they get off the road or you get to a passing zone. They said the fine could be big.
That will really really work going thru places like Clifton
Old 07-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
Haines Point downtown DC has oodles of bikers riding everywhere. There's a big sign at the four way stop before the Potomac River that says- bicyclists must stop at stop sign. I've yet to see one stop in the past five years I've been traveling thru there.