1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Charlotte shops/ lift assistance

Discussion in 'South East' started by Bully, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Oct 16, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    Bully

Bully [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charlotte
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Howdy. I've been driving around with a set of 5100s and an aal in the back of the truck for the last couple weeks. I keep thinking I'll have time to get it installed, but it hasn't happened and I'm out of commission for a couple weeks due to a minor surgery. I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount to get it installed, I just don't happen to think that 500 bucks is a reasonable amount! I hate paying for stuff I can do myself, even if I'd struggle through it, and I realistically won't be able to touch it until thanksgiving. Anybody have a recommendation for a reasonable shop? Or want to make some extra cash on a weekend? Thanks for any advice. Matt

2. Oct 18, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    Archangel

Archangel Insurance Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    '13 IS250
    I could lend a hand, but I can't do it myself. I've had surgery on both shoulders since July and don't have the strength yet. I've got an AAL and some bushings to replace on my Waggy, and just waiting to get the arm strength back. Good luck!

3. Nov 6, 2014 at 8:38 PM
    ThatguyJZ

ThatguyJZ Instagram: thatguyjz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    TRIAD, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    A TRD OR built into a Baja/PRO hybrid
    Rears arent hard, AAL is OK on the 3 pack, if you have a 4 pack grinding is required depending on your AAL. Front takes a little more time. I recommend the 'no spring compressor' method of loosening the alignment cams and lower control arm, unbolting from the top, and decompressing the spring with a jack.

Products Discussed in

To Top