1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TW Wedding We're Hitchin' Up!

Discussion in 'South East' started by Dragons Taco, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Feb 28, 2015 at 4:38 PM
    Dragons Taco

Dragons Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cary/Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    06 Black TRD-S 4WD 4D 6SPD and MINE!
    Can ya spell Tonneau
    Tacoma World Wedding(Hitchin’ UP)

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Dragons Taco and DragonsLady are getting married, and we want to do something a little different. We want to share it with our Tacoma World family, so YOU ARE ALL INVITED! We have had so much fun joining Tacoma World and meeting many of you, we just think you all need an excuse for a party.

We want to combine our wedding with our favorite place to wheel, so we are going to be wed and party at UWHARRIE National Forest.

[​IMG]

Here is what we have in store for you:

June 19:

08:00 – 10:00 Meet at the OutPost. We will have TW members at the OutPost to meet up with those that are riding in. Good place to get your trail passes, gas up and fuel your stomach.

08:00 – 13:00 Free Wheeling. The trails will be open and we will be taking groups out to run around them. For those who have never come out to UWHARRIE before, there are dirt roads, light trailsand 2 challenging trails. Really it’s fun for the whole TW community, from the stock and inexperienced to the better equipped Tacos.

13:00 – 15:00 Meeting @ theMudhole. There is a decent sized mudhole and parking area near the middle of the trails. Easy to get to, even by car since you can just take the fireroad to it. See themap. We invite anyone to come out so that we can all check out each other’s rides, take pics and meet. We’ll have some ice-cold all-age drinks there.

15:00 - TBA Free Wheeling. We will try to put together some night ride groups too. Come back here and see theOP since we will keep it up to date.

Accommodations – There are bothfully equipped camping spots at UWHARRIE (Showers, toilets, water, and grills)for a nominal fee. Click here for more information.

There is also basic camping available for free throughout the park. Get thisPDF file to show you the camp grounds.

Stay with us in the Cabins. This is by invite only, as we want to make sure we have room for family and friends that will be joining us to celebrate. If you would like to stay in a cabin please PM us and let us know. We will be filling in first come first served.

June 20 BIG DAY:

08:00 – 10:00 Meet at the Out Post. We will be saying hey to anyone who wasn’t able to make it out onFriday. We will try to get a guided ride group together for those that haven’t been before. Optional for people on their own.

08:00 – 14:00 Free Ride. Enjoy the trails, visit Badin Lake for a swim, or blast some brass atUWHARRIE’s target range (bring ‘er gun). Check out their web site for details.

14:00-15:00 somewhere around this time please meet back at your campsite. Get your party drinks together, clean up a bit and come over to the party cabins. Please combine peeps in trucks as much as you can so that we have enough parking at the Cabins.

16:00 – Until

[​IMG]

TW WEDDING. OK, so the reason why we are throwing theparty is that Dragons Taco (Derek)and Dragons Lady (Heidi) are getting married. Don’t worry, we aren’t planning on having a long ceremony because we all want to get to the party. We do have a special guest member giving Heidi away! (Thanks Homer Taco!)

Party Location

The party is going to be held on private land that is accessible from within the forest. It’s an easy drive off of Dutch John Rd. We will post up maps, make sure that you download them (and print?) them before you come out so that you aren’t searching all day.

[​IMG]

We have rented 2 cabins to have the party at. The reason for this is simple:

1. The National Forest doesn’t want anyone to get too loud in the camp grounds.

2. There is no drinking of alcohol in the National Forest.

3. We want a place if it happens to rain.

4. Accommodations in the cabins is by invite only, however if you are interested and we have room left please send us a PM.

We will be providing Bar-B-Q and fixings, and welcome anyone who wants to bring something else. We are going to try to accommodate everyone,so please make sure to let us know you are coming out.

We will have toasting drinks, but otherwise it’s BYOB. Fortunately it’s legal!

We plan to have music out there,but if anyone would be interested in DJ’ing there, please send us a PM. You can use it to advertise if you like.

Some things to remember:

Please feel free to BYOB or anything else you would like to bring. I do ask that you be of legal drinking age if you bring out alcohol. Also,if you plan to drive back to a campsite, be aware that Dutch John Rd is a public road and you are subject to DUI laws. You must also not bring any illegal drugs, naturally grown or not. I can’t tell you that we won’t get a visit from the local ranger just to make sure we are behaving responsibly.

Be ready to have a great time this weekend!, bring your spouse, GF or BF. Bring other TW members, make a weekend of it. Just please post a reply to this so that we can get a good count. Do us a favor and don’t invite every Jeeper you find on the trail we simply won’t have the food!

We hope to see you there! RSVP in reply or PM. We’ll post a list when the event comes closer.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. Feb 28, 2015 at 5:30 PM
    tacopaulo

tacopaulo Tanned

Member:
    First Name:
    Paulo
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    red truck
    sub'd

congrats derek and heidi! i'm not sure about making it out there friday but ida and i will definitely be there on saturday!

3. Feb 28, 2015 at 5:32 PM
    Dragons Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cary/Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    Can ya spell Tonneau
    Woot! Woot!
    That's great! ask Ida to bring her magic camera if she can!

4. Feb 28, 2015 at 7:54 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  5. Feb 28, 2015 at 9:37 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    This is awesome. Congrats to you both. I have to work that weekend but if my lady can get off maybe I'll use some vacation time. URE was fun wheeling last summer.

6. Mar 1, 2015 at 3:44 AM
    voz

voz Nothing Witty To Say

Member:
    First Name:
    VOZ
    VOZLAND
    Vehicle:
    The Clean One
    In Progress, Progressively
    Congrats,,,,,

7. Mar 1, 2015 at 3:45 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    sub"d

8. Mar 1, 2015 at 4:35 AM
    Smiley52

Smiley52 Insta: @Sm1ley52

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 4x4
    This is freaking awesome! I will for sure attempt to be there. Congrats yall!

9. Mar 1, 2015 at 7:19 AM
    Dragons Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cary/Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    Can ya spell Tonneau
    Ty Guys! We hope you can make it.
    It should be a party!
    Wheeling on Friday is optional of course, we just wanted to be sure to be able to get out in it too!

10. Mar 1, 2015 at 11:37 AM
    mrbedgood

mrbedgood Isaiah 6:8

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DCSB TRD Off Road 4x4
    Total Chaos +2" Long Travel Kit; King/TC 2.5 LT C/O w/ 16"x600; TC/CVJ Extended Axles; TC Spindle Gussets; King 2.5 RR shocks; All-Pro Expendition Leaf Pack; Pelfreybilt Sliders; Anti-Dark LED Hood Light mod; LED map and dome light mod; Bed lights; TRD Cold Air Intake; KB Voodoo Tailgate cap system; HomerTaco Thin Lip "Raptor" grille; sPod SE System w/ LCD Touchscreen; Baja Design OnX6 40"; Baja Design S2; Rigid Industries LED Rock Lights; Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack; A.R.E. Z Series Camper Shell Projector BHLM Headlights (with custom wiring); Method Racing NVs 17"x 8.5; and Nitto Terra Grappers 265/60/17
    Congrats guys! I never forgot about you guys getting married, from that first night I met you all at the Aviator. I'm happy for you two.

11. Mar 1, 2015 at 11:44 AM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    So cool! Congrats you love birds!

12. Mar 1, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    Congrats

13. Mar 1, 2015 at 12:03 PM
    Drainbung

Drainbung Somedays you are the show....

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Fallabama, NV
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB
    TRD Fleshlight
    Congrats!

14. Mar 1, 2015 at 11:40 PM
    Dragonslady

Dragonslady Dragonslady

Member:
    First Name:
    Heidi
    Cary NC
    Vehicle:
    Wife of Dragons Taco
    Ty! I hope to see some of you fellow taco owners there! Gonna be a wild and fun time!

15. Mar 2, 2015 at 6:30 PM
    RaleighTaco

RaleighTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathon
    Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    '97 Toyota 4runner
    Me and my lady will be there :) congrats guys

16. Mar 2, 2015 at 6:33 PM
    TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Albuqerque
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4 off road package
    3" OME 886 coils, ARB bumper warn M8000, Lightforce 240's and 255/85 16 KM2, Redline hood struts,arb twin air compressor, 4.88's, Tepui kukenam, Pelfreybilt bed rack and rear high clearance with swing out, and custom offroad bodywork
    Moving up to NC in April so it would be nice to meet some folks! Congrats!!

17. Mar 2, 2015 at 6:35 PM
    Dragonslady

Dragonslady Dragonslady

Member:
    First Name:
    Heidi
    Cary NC
    Vehicle:
    Wife of Dragons Taco
    Do come out! Uwharrie is a fun place to ride! Will be lots of fun with cool people to meet and some nice tacos!

18. Mar 3, 2015 at 9:39 AM
    gkhamrhead

gkhamrhead Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Gringo
    Congratulations!

19. Mar 3, 2015 at 4:09 PM
    Dj318

Dj318 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Concord, NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma
    bilstein 5100, wheelers AAL, Trail gear bumper, SOS sliders, RAT skids, 35" Mtr/k
    Congrats! Count me in! :thumbsup:

20. Mar 3, 2015 at 5:43 PM
    crazy joker

crazy joker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Charlotte area, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB sport 4x4
    Real men just call it camping
    I only met you once at the Big Dogs trip, but you seem like you know how to party. Congrats on getting married.

Products Discussed in

To Top