1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alabama thread!

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by Davtopgun, May 18, 2009.

1. Oct 31, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    99PreRunner.

99PreRunner. ^ I no longer have a Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    2008 GMC 3500 Duramax 4x4 - CCLB
  2. Oct 31, 2011 at 9:20 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun [OP] Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    They are the 17" FJ alloy wheels. BS is like 4.79 or something like that. I'm running 1.25 spacers behind mine. Makes them stick out about an inch past the upper fender well. Love the look!

3. Nov 1, 2011 at 6:16 AM
    TacoAlaMode

TacoAlaMode Mr. Midlife Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB MG 4X4 TRD Sport
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    Much worse than the tire wear was the bump steering. I don't know how you drove that thing back and forth from AU.

4. Nov 1, 2011 at 6:24 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    I hardly noticed the bump steer. Guess my Chevy got me used it. It had some steering issues.

5. Nov 1, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    thanks guys for all the congrats. momma and baby are now home and we are all trying to get settled in and try to start up a routine. so far so good, but we are getting a lot of help from family members so it makes things a lot easier.

6. Nov 1, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    Pictars of the little one?

7. Nov 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100
    Congrats as well. :cheers:

Also, holy CRAP that's a big baby. Good work :)

Wife and I had our first 2 weeks ago. Good luck with the routine, lol. We thought the same thing. It's basically whatever baby wants, baby gets. According to our pediatrician, it's like that for a good 10-12 weeks before you can get them on any sort of a sleep schedule. The upside is that they can't get in to any bad sleep habits for a while, gives you and the missus a chance to kinda trial and error it for a while before you can screw anything up. :p

That said, our daughter seems to want to eat every 3 hours like clockwork, so I guess that's somewhat of a schedule. It's made a coffee drinker out of me. Mt. Dew just wasn't quite cutting it any more.

8. Nov 1, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    TacoFMS

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    been working on it but unfortunately i still cant fig out how to get my new camera to take good pics and my only decent pics of him are on my phone and cant fig out how to transfer them off???? that and a very bad headache and tons of chores have kept me off the comp.

9. Nov 1, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    TacoFMS

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    thanks and as for the part about him being a big baby, kinda fig he would be a long baby cuz im 6'6" but didnt know he was gonna be hefty as well since i have always been on the skinny side.

10. Nov 1, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100
    Oh, also... buddy of mine recommended this book, and it's been awesome:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-411-Clea...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320182466&sr=1-1

It's saved a lot of stupid question for my wife and me. Things like, "Yes, the poop is supposed to look like that," and "Yes, she's going to get the hiccups like 10 times a day," etc.

Anyway, enough of a threadjack for stuff pretty much everyone else in here could give a crap about.

Back to your regularly scheduled Taco talk.

11. Nov 1, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    TacoFMS

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    well just so folks know who we are talking about and too bad if you dont care this is my son

[​IMG]

12. Nov 1, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    Congratulations to you too!!

Most infants are chubby, he will grow up and the baby fat goes away. Mine had the baby fat, too. I'm 6'4" myself. My son is a few months into 3 and he's already 3'6" and the baby fat is nearly gone. He eats like a horse. Of course, so do I and never seem to gain a pound.

Hope you've gotten plenty of rest, you likely won't see much in the next couple years lol.

13. Nov 1, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    That's a cute baby you got there man! Must take after his mother, kidding! Congratulations again!

14. Nov 3, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    speedfreek

speedfreek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Alafreakingbama
    Vehicle:
    '12 370Z 6MT
    Kyle I hear you got your grill finished. Post up some pics of what it looks like on the truck please? Im trying to decide on mesh!!!

15. Nov 3, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

SuthrnTaco07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra Limited
    None
    Well I've been thinking about going that route also when I get bigger tires. It just seems the cheapest route at the moment for all 5 wheels!

What kind of condition are the other 2 wheels you have? If anything I'll only need one because i'm sure its easier to buy a set of 4 then a set of 2. LOL! What do the ones you have look like?

Well I only have one picture and the other pictures that Brian took, the flash shot right through the mesh cause I don't have the stuff behind it painted black yet..

Ignore the black spec on the bumper and the smudge on my truck.. My camera on my phone is filthy!
    [​IMG]

Also the new koozies came in!

[​IMG]

16. Nov 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Kyle what do I owe you? I assume I can grab mine at the meet?

17. Nov 3, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    The condition of the two i have left are a bit beat up, they have scratches and scrapes. The guy i got them from Used his FJ frequently. They are not bent though, and could always be painted to hide the scrapes.

Here's a couple pics for you. This is before i paint the ones on my truck, of course.

By the way. Hubcentric wheels make a world of a difference! My truck shook and steering wheel shook a bit when i had the aftermarket wheels on there. With the FJ wheels, it rides like it did when i drove it off the lot on 2007.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Nov 3, 2011 at 4:23 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    Man.. It's all in how many you want.. I have the Horns design and the Vintage design.. But good news is I'm not charging you local guys shipping!

So for 1 (The better one) how much? Is it just wheel or wheel and Tire?

19. Nov 3, 2011 at 6:05 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    The wheels are by themselves right now. I'll give you a wheel and lugs for it for 30 bucks. I do have some tires laying around also if you want one. You can pick one for free if you come buy a wheel, need them out of the way. They are only 265/70/17 but would work for a spare.

20. Nov 3, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    Don't really need the tire and they wouldn't work for a spare for me... LOL! Let me do some looking around and see what kind of deal I can find for a set and I'll let you know..

Products Discussed in

To Top