Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #4761
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TACOFIREMAN View Post
yeah basically a little wd40 i think. he said "cleaned and lubed her up shouldn't make no more noise boss you're good to go". i didnt ask any more questions after he said dont worry about the 55 dollar fee haha i just said thanks and drove off
Yeah, it's just grease.

Grab one of these:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/workfor...se-gun-3951137

And some of this:
http://www.amazon.com/Mobil-Syntheti.../dp/B00085F4JO

Takes maybe 5 min to hit all the zerks on the rear drive shaft, and another 5-10 to do the front if you've got full skids and have to rotate it into position where you can see them. I can't remember what the maintenance interval is in the manual, but after having the slip yoke on my DS bind that one time, I just do it every 5k for good measure. I've done it twice, and there is still plenty of grease left. It doesn't take a whole lot. I'd say you could probably get at least 4-5 total applications from a tube.

Subtext, if they ever try to charge you $55 for that. Pitch a fit.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #4762
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
have you tried looking for the wheel............................................. .............. up your butt? sorry had to say something silly, felt it needed to be done.
Justin I have absolutely not a dang thing to say at all
Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #4763
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
And Relentless is going to start one mid-month w/ deals on his new skids...=)
Don't tell me that! Oh wait.. I don't need skids.. I'll just roll over it! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Speaking of Relentless I took my bumper up to my buddies shop and had them get it Armadillo Lined! I'll pick it up probably Thursday or Friday but I still won't be able to mount it until I reinforce my rear leaf...

Quote:
i think all this hub-bub that happened earlier this morning just recruited us a new member to the alabama group..... tee hee... you will fit right in brunes
He has poked his head in here more then a few times chiming in..

Quote:
what is momma g's? ive heard a ton of folks talking about it. never realized where it was though til now.
No Momma g's isn't in this picture but it is across the street to the right of this photo!!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #4764
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnTaco07 View Post
Don't tell me that! Oh wait.. I don't need skids.. I'll just roll over it! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Speaking of Relentless I took my bumper up to my buddies shop and had them get it Armadillo Lined! I'll pick it up probably Thursday or Friday but I still won't be able to mount it until I reinforce my rear leaf...

No Momma g's isn't in this picture but it is across the street to the right of this photo!!

What is your lowest hanging obstacle to ground clearance?? (sorry to get all technical in a BS thread...but I gotta know)
Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #4765
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Heart felt Sorry to Coast Guard personel and thier families that were killed. Aviation training center here in Mobile and whole community is shaken. Memorial Thursday
Old 03-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #4766
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What is your lowest hanging obstacle to ground clearance?? (sorry to get all technical in a BS thread...but I gotta know)
LOL! Well to be COMPLETELY HONEST!!! I was kind of kidding about being able to just roll over it..

But yes I know my DROP bracket is the lowest and I realize that I don't have much more ground clearance then someone with a 3" and 33's has. No with my lift I don't get high centered on a hill as bad as someone with a 3". As in if I climb over a hill that has a steep incline and a steep drop off I am less likely to scrub my tummy. Unless of course it is WAAYYY steeper then what I should be attempting anyways!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #4767
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
already had one. had a chrome brushguard and toolbox on it to. Thats anti brah, bro.
I know that, brah
Old 03-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #4768
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

you just wanted to post of pic of your truck....ill do the same damn =...nvm i haven't uploaded the pics and videos of this past weekend. but i will thursday!!! thats cause I'm off fah fah.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #4769
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
Heart felt Sorry to Coast Guard personel and thier families that were killed. Aviation training center here in Mobile and whole community is shaken. Memorial Thursday
thoughts and prayers to their families.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #4770
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
So are we getting a mini meet going again??? Also I need help finding one more trd wheel! Any suggestions?
I think jab 08 has some trd wheels and tires he might sell. not fo sho but you pm him about it
Old 03-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #4771
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dog View Post
thoughts and prayers to their families.
Memorial is 10AM on Thurs. If you have a second around then-Take it for quiet reflection and then tell the people that are important to you that you love them.

One of the crew is still unaccounted for. The other three will be laid to rest next week:
LTJG T Cameron-12 March
LCDR D Taylor-15 Mar
ASTC F Jorge-16 Mar

Gone but always with us...
Old 03-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #4773
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
man. I need to stay up to date with this thread... I AM SOOOOO LOST.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #4774
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL! Well to be COMPLETELY HONEST!!! I was kind of kidding about being able to just roll over it..

But yes I know my DROP bracket is the lowest and I realize that I don't have much more ground clearance then someone with a 3" and 33's has. No with my lift I don't get high centered on a hill as bad as someone with a 3". As in if I climb over a hill that has a steep incline and a steep drop off I am less likely to scrub my tummy. Unless of course it is WAAYYY steeper then what I should be attempting anyways!
Yeah...That was kinda my point- but I'm actaully interested what the total difference is between my 3 in with 33's and your 6 inch w/ 35s. And I don't mind sliding on the skids I'll be installing...=)
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #4775

Quote:
Yeah...That was kinda my point- but I'm actaully interested what the total difference is between my 3 in with 33's and your 6 inch w/ 35s. And I don't mind sliding on the skids I'll be installing...=)
I've been tossing up the idea of making my own skids that will actually help support my db kit and its linkage.

But if you really want to know the difference think about how much more lift there is with 35's then 33's.. That's the biggest difference. So if you trimmed and tucked your fenders, then stuffed 35's (like allonblack) then you would have the same ground clearance.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #4776
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been tossing up the idea of making my own skids that will actually help support my db kit and its linkage.

But if you really want to know the difference think about how much more lift there is with 35's then 33's.. That's the biggest difference. So if you trimmed and tucked your fenders, then stuffed 35's (like allonblack) then you would have the same ground clearance.
Ehh....Trimming fenders sounds like too much work for another inch....
Old 03-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #4777

Quote:
It can be.. As allonblack put it, "it's not really worth it unless you really plan to off-road it"..
Old 03-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #4778
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Trying... not... to... make... inappropriate... jokes... about... mods...

Quote:
It can be.. As allonblack put it, "it's not really worth it unless you really plan to off-road it"..
Yeah. Once you see what folks do for a whole extra inch of clearance, fender cutting is pretty tame.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #4779

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
Trying... not... to... make... inappropriate... jokes... about... mods...
Fine... I will for good fun and good spirits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZohan View Post
Ehh....Trimming sounds like too much work for another inch....
^^ Fixed

But didn't want to deface.. Not brave enough after what happened earlier today.. LOL!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #4780
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys! if yall have some spare time go watch the video in my most recent thread about KONY 2012. you guys are good people i know its something yall can support.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pra...p-nothing.html

theres the link

Products Discussed in this Thread