Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #10441
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
Yeah, If I didn't get off the trailer fast enough it would stall. When we all went wheeling a few weeks ago, we ran into an early YJ with the 258 and he said he couldn't do steep inclines cause it would stall. What are you looking at?
80's sami in somewhat rough shape, already has toyota axles though, $1500. Carburated engine of course.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #10442
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
80's sami in somewhat rough shape, already has toyota axles though, $1500. Carburated engine of course.
drop a 6 in that beast. I wanna say novak makes adapters for it.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #10444
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
you wouldn't want anything with a carb for hill climbing
Old 04-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #10445
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
That things got propane!!! Look that things got propane!!!! PROPANE!!!!!! Sorry I had to do it kinda an inside joke.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #10446
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Hah, I'll probably pass on this one. He said he'd take less now because he put the t-case in neutral and can't get it back out.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #10448
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
I paid less then that for my Tacoma. Goes to show you what you can get if you keep your eyes peeled, and have cash in hand.
Holy shit really? I mean you've done a bunch of work, but, damn. Good find. I'd be interested to know what you've got in it once it's "right." Still bet it's a bargain.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #10449
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
Holy shit really? I mean you've done a bunch of work, but, damn. Good find. I'd be interested to know what you've got in it once it's "right." Still bet it's a bargain.
where have you been hiding lately??? or you just not speaking to me?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #10450
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Paid $1200 for the truck. Drove it from north bham, to Montevallo, to Marion without any repairs. Rebuilt both axles, changed all fluids and filters, tune up, brakes. Probably about 3k total in repairs to make it road worthy and dependable.

Now, when it comes to upgrades, I'm about 14k into those.

EDIT:
Also, we're doing an off-road meet at the slab on the 5th. You should join us. I haven't even gotten to see your LC yet.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #10451
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
Not the 6th. It's either the 4th or 5th
Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #10453
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
Paid $1200 for the truck. Drove it from north bham, to Montevallo, to Marion without any repairs. Rebuilt both axles, changed all fluids and filters, tune up, brakes. Probably about 3k total in repairs to make it road worthy and dependable.

Now, when it comes to upgrades, I'm about 14k into those.

EDIT:
Also, we're doing an off-road meet at the slab on the 5th. You should join us. I haven't even gotten to see your LC yet.
Not too bad.

I'll have to see about the 5th. (or 4th). Seems like I'm forgetting something that we've got going on that weekend. My brain has been mush recently. If it works out you mind if some other folks come with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
where have you been hiding lately??? or you just not speaking to me?
Man, I've been f'ing slammed with work, and then had a BBQ cookoff, Chili cook off, took some customers to the Indy race out at Barber, Easter, I have no idea what I've been doing for the past few weeks. Shooting a wedding this coming weekend Fri night and Sat. Run ragged. I had a buddy in town this past weekend doing a Porsche Club of America driving event out at Barber, and he tent camped out there. I hung out with him Sat night and drank beer until about 1:30AM, and it was the most relaxed I've been in a while.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #10454
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not too bad.

I'll have to see about the 5th. (or 4th). Seems like I'm forgetting something that we've got going on that weekend. My brain has been mush recently. If it works out you mind if some other folks come with?

It's Mat's meet, he's hosting it. Though I'll likely be the guide because I know the area. I'm sure he'd have no problems with anyone that wants to come though.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #10455
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
No problems at all. They gotta bring their own food and drinks!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #10456
mmmmmmbourbon.

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
http://gawker.com/comedian-gets-kids...ium=socialflow

Click the link for the full story. Hilarious.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #10458
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I bet your dad is pissed now isnt he keith????
Old 04-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #10459
mmmmmmbourbon.

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
I bet your dad is pissed now isnt he keith????
lulz. Nah, he was all like, "2 grams? I need more lipitor than that."
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #10460
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lulz. Nah, he was all like, "2 grams? I need more lipitor than that."
not even worth texting that to my parents. My mom would immediately say something like "where are you going to hide it" and my dad would be like "ok, haha"

Products Discussed in this Thread