1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alabama thread!

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by Davtopgun, May 18, 2009.

1. May 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    mac424205

mac424205 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mathew
    Chelsea
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V8 4X4
    Billies on all four corners with daystar spacer lift. Bought it like this. Replacing done with toytec ultimate 3" lift
    Finished? What else can you do to it, other than replace the cab?

2. May 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun [OP] Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    Not going to replace the cab. Currently, I'm pricing all the parts to rebuild all the electronics, and interior parts. I'm tired of searching for a cab. Nobody is parting out these trucks, they fix them when they break. Parts yards won't sell cabs because of the title BS.

Been searching tirelessly for months, and I'm done trying to find one.

3. May 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    mac424205

mac424205 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mathew
    Chelsea
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V8 4X4
    Billies on all four corners with daystar spacer lift. Bought it like this. Replacing done with toytec ultimate 3" lift
    so rebuild the interior pretty much and a lot of body work?

4. May 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    Rebuild interior, and screw the body. Dents look good on an off road truck.

5. May 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    DSB4UA

DSB4UA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    SSM PreRunner 2nd gen 4.0L
    Anybody? price drop $225 OBO!

6. May 6, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    Stephen1231

Stephen1231 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Mobile Al
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5spd
    Engine freshly rebuilt due to blown head gasket, built my own CAI, EGR delete from LCEngineering, Billstein 5125's in the back with GM leafs, I can't stand paying for something that I can make in my garage so I built my own spacers for the front and tweaked them for 3" of lift.
    What kind of title BS are you talking about?

7. May 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road

Junk yards won't sell a cab because they don't mess with titles. I was told, by law, they cannot sell the cab of any vehicle.

8. May 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    Stephen1231

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Mobile Al
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5spd
    Engine freshly rebuilt due to blown head gasket, built my own CAI, EGR delete from LCEngineering, Billstein 5125's in the back with GM leafs, I can't stand paying for something that I can make in my garage so I built my own spacers for the front and tweaked them for 3" of lift.

I bought a cab from a U-Pull It about 8 months ago, and they just busted the vin plate out. They told me that was all they needed to turn into the state to make things legal.

9. May 6, 2013 at 7:12 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road

Well, then the yards around here suck hard! That, and the complete lack of anyone having the cab that I need.

10. May 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    Stephen1231

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Mobile Al
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5spd

I know the feeling, I got really lucky and found a 2wd cab that wasnt wrecked to bad and cut and welded on it for 6 months until I got it the way I wanted.

11. May 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    SWCB

SWCB I'd rather be fishing..

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    The Bayou, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Debadged Future mods OME or FOX lift TRD CAI TRD exhaust TRD super charger Homer taco satoshi!!
    Another person from mobile bout time. we coming out of the wood work now :turtleride:

Thanks for the deal on the light bar tacofms :cheers: in the process of wire wheeling it down repainting and replacing all wiring and hardware gonna be sweet :headbang:

12. May 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    Stephen1231

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Mobile Al
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5spd

13. May 7, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    That's my problem. I need a complete extra cab 95-97, and has to come off a 3.4l 4x4 SR5 Taco so all the wiring matches up.

You do know that there is a Mobile, AL thread right?

http://www.boggsandboulders.com/

14. May 7, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread

wish i would have known all you were gonna do is grind all the paint off of it, i wouldnt have spent the time to put a fresh coat on it. also why replace the wiring? its a built harness from PIAA just for those lights? anyway, glad you like it and good luck.

15. May 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    SWCB

SWCB I'd rather be fishing..

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    The Bayou, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Debadged Future mods OME or FOX lift TRD CAI TRD exhaust TRD super charger Homer taco satoshi!!
    Yea some of the paint was bubbled up and flaking off. I'm kinda of a perfectionist. But if all that is from piaa ill probably use the relay and clean out the pigtails.

16. May 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    All that hemming and hawing, picking up paul's brake controller... And I think I'm gonna back out of this whole Samurai idea. I have enough projects already, I came to the realization that I don't need another engine to worry about. :D I'm awesome sometimes, not.

17. May 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    You could just spend the money on locking your truck and wheel it. :)

18. May 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    The more I take my truck out to wheel it, the less I want to wheel it. It's too nice and expensive, kind of silly to have spent this much on it. Oh well, can't undo it.

If I ever get some property to go hunt, it'll be awesome overkill for that at least.

19. May 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    TacoAlaMode

TacoAlaMode Mr. Midlife Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB MG 4X4 TRD Sport
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    I have a project/truck that I'm willing to spend it on. I can releave you of that burden that your carrying. A new plate bumper for me would do quite nicely in getting rid of that wad of cash that is burning a hole in your pocket.

20. May 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    I doughnut understand what you said. You want to buy my bumper? The whole reason I bought it was a stock toyota one would have been more expensive! :brianr:

Products Discussed in

To Top